274 replies to this topic

#21 Bildor

Bildor

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:35

When a player discovered a way to exploit the game, that player has an option to do what is right to them.

When LawDog26 discovered and wrote the script called TitanStride that gave him a MEGA advantage over other players in titan hunting, he published the script so others can have fun too instead of keeping it for Bushido guild.

About 6 months ago, a homeless man found $42,000 in Boston. He turned it in to the police.

Spiderman's Uncle Ben said "With Great Power comes Great Responsibility"

Don't understand. Are you saying everyone does not know how to de-level so it is unfair?

#22 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:37

This is a "non-issue".  Good night.

3457136+_7e761cbe9722360b6b110a4f074d78f

#23 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:29

Well I haven't been around so long. But seems to me when players lose xp the guilds should also lose xp. If I understand it right guilds have a xp lock at certain times. Get rid of the lock and seems the issues is solved. Just my 2 cents.

#24 datman67

datman67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:39

You make a great point as always rebornjedi, however here is the thing is yes you take out that exploit in a pay to support the game and one can still exploit any aspect of the game with enough money to throw around as is the same in the game of life. For example take one of the richer guilds in real money talk if it was stuck at EOC and nothing new came out and an up and coming guild was to try and catch up, they could just smash them left and right to keep them from catching up as they can afford to get all those levels back and start the same thing all over again. Another example they could use all that money they couldn't spend on levels to instead drive the market prices and auctions so high that only they could afford the epic potions which would leave no option but to spend $60 to get one. Final example is if I had won the mega millions and could throw 36k a year away at the game to ensure that I could have the highest amount of pvp kills, gold, etc. But where would the fun be in that as would just discourage everyone from trying. Gaining levels is my favorite aspect of the game though is not shared by all as everyone has different aspects of the game and I personally have been looking forward to de-leveling and re-leveling just to say I lost and gained 3000 levels in one year, although at the rate that bilops is going he would beat me to it. lol

#25 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:32

What people are forgetting/in denial about is that it IS an exploit. Players, many of these delevelers, are sitting on a champion at the level they started deleveling at and saying I want, nay demand, to be deleveled. In the process some, not all, are telling players come and get rewards for bountying and smashing. Please explain to me how it's different from saying we wont fight back in a GvG so you can win RPs? Again, I have no problem with players deleveling. There should even be a medal for it. But I do think there should be some detriment to it so as it isn't just a simple 'win' button to relevel. They need to go through the realms and properly relevel, not 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 with AM and globals. They should even gain more gxp, no problem there either. That's not my argument. My argument is that the curent process makes a joke of the BB and the smasher medal. If you're going to go ahead and do that, sacrificing yourself to gain more gxp, then you should have to relevel all over again. There is a reason there is a penalty for subleveling. There should be a penalty for making a mockery of the game to gain more gxp. The players can level insatiably until there heart is content. The cows will still cause players to use more stam(ie spend $$) and the deleveler/releveler will have to EARN that gxp all over again!

Come on. Make the game at least slightly challenging and not always about the path of least resistance.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#26 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:53

Players, many of these delevelers, are sitting on a champion at the level they started deleveling at and saying I want, nay demand, to be deleveled. In the process some, not all, are telling players come and get rewards for bountying and smashing. Please explain to me how it's different from saying we wont fight back in a GvG so you can win RPs?

I can't as I see no difference.

Cheers.

wil72

#27 MrSiggs

MrSiggs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:24

well then let everyone delevel..but just set it up that nobody can kill a creature above their level..then they don't get inflated xp by sitting at a higher level when getting deleveled..the killing one creature a million time to level..after all..that isn't leveling..more like farming for xp

#28 MrSiggs

MrSiggs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:31

also stop the begging to de-level..paying to de-level and threatening bounty hunters to clear bounties their way or else..many goes as far as to offer extra fsp incentives for de-leveling like it is a contest..and I really can't see the fun in killing a champion over and over and over again..so most of all you have heard from the one doing are simply lies and the main objective has and always will be the manipulation of GXP to serve their needs..and nothing more..also make available all scripts others use..I want to be able to run from one side of the map to the other in one second like some do..I thought the playing field was suppose to be even

#29 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,816 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 December 2013 - 13:00

A very easy fix to this huge problem would to discontinue giving guild xp to those who level under their VL.

This is easy enough I think. We ought to be able to do this.

Anytime a player is zeroed on the BB they should be teleported to the Mountain Path Coliseum.

A possibility. We were also thinking that an easier option is to cap the amount of XP sub leveling players can gain to that of +5 levels of their actual level.

*****Proposed ingame solution*****
Possibly forcing players who are more than 10 levels below what the realm they are in auto forced to warp to Krul Island upon moving/attempting to attack, and unable to attack creatures more than 10 above their level? This will drastically cut down on the abuse.

Possible, but again, we're thinking 5 levels max.

Paying to de-level and threatening bounty hunters to clear bounties their way or else.

Any threats need to be reported as we will not tolerate that.

#30 MrSiggs

MrSiggs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 13:05

awesome..hope that they can be implemented soon : )

#31 MrSiggs

MrSiggs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 13:10

I also think that a 5 level cap would be fair seeing as there are ways to get de-leveled without being intentional..which would make it fair for all

#32 datman67

datman67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 13:56

Well here we go again the team going to try and limit their highest paying players and make it to where they have no aspect to the game that they might enjoy, as I see them talking about limiting things in game and entertaining the other masses, which trust me will be fine with me if you make the changes that you mentioned Grim. However didn't see any mentions on suggestions as to making many new levels per month to keep us interested in game and still playing.  Sigma Storm went in this direction and we refused to stay. Can see it happening again and coming from a player that probably spends more than most guilds combined members not in the top 20 do  in one year but guess you no longer need the money. But hey thanks for giving me the heads up and saving me on the 18 buys was going to do on the Christmas Special.

#33 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,816 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 December 2013 - 14:10

Most of what you've said Datman67 is inaccurate in the extreme. All we are talking about is LIMITING AN EXPLOIT.

#34 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 05 December 2013 - 14:22

What about some sort of compromise where we limit the xp you can gain from a creature based on your AL?

So for example if you deleveled down to say level 900, but were hitting a level 1,050 Champion, the xp you would get would be the same as hitting a level 905 Champion. This way you would still be able to get extra xp for your guild, but you wouldn't be able to hit creatures way above your level to get masses of guild xp. Does that make sense?

#35 MrSiggs

MrSiggs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 14:23

well if you read datman's bio..it is clear that leveling for fun is not the real intention of losing levels..hence the 50 billion gxp..then with being confronted that you may have to regain those levels by actually hunting like it was the first time around..which that is what most want is to level again...wow..I guess being in a #1 guild has gone straight to your head,like threatening game admin not to donate..there will be plenty who will donate when there no expoitations..possibly more who will return to the game as well

#36 MrSiggs

MrSiggs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 14:27

sorry for double post..but hoofmasters idea would work as well..but that would be like leveling all over again and I see by most who are using the de-leveling scheme have only 1 intention and that is to build GXP to stay on top and not that they just want to level like before

#37 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 16:38

would rather see some restriction on being able to hit a creature or being in a realm 5 levels above your Actual Level than hoof's idea of reducing creature's xp to a creature at the player's AL

in the roleplaying sense, it would feel better if you weren't allowed to kill a creature 100 levels above you - even if your VL is teh same as the creatures.. but AL/VL don't really fit with the fantasy feel of the game so *shrugs* lol

either way, farming easy and extra XP off the same creatures 100s of levels above your AL needs to be put to an end.. 

thank you grim and hoof for being open to this debate  ^_^ made me look like an arse with my assumption  :wacko:

#38 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 16:43

Hi BigGrim and Hoofmaster,

Thank you for giving this issue your attention.

Can we implement something like your Holiday events where after the event, players are teleported back to Mountain Path?

If a player is within 10 levels of the realm level, then it's ok to hunt in the realm.

If not, then that player gets teleported to Mounth Path.

#39 aryann

aryann

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 16:45

here we go play the game that simple...bb has been dead now pvpers wanna whine because lvlers want 100s...u cant please a certain group no matter what u do let them cry and doo what they wanna do....i just recently was told about a member of a pvp guild telling another they were being 100 stammed because she didnt wanna 100 stam her guildmates on bb because thats what they wanted so she was gonna hourly her...if thats not pvp harrassment what is.... now thats a threat luis not someone saying 100 me or b bountyd

#40 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 05 December 2013 - 16:49

Adding on to the teleport them out of that realm idea...

They get dropped into a lava pit, and the longer they sit there, the longer they burn. 

That is, their gear slowly rots away (loses durability).

:ph34r:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: