• Please log in to reply
617 replies to this topic

#21 uriahheap

uriahheap

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 17:22

Aizen, I think you fail to appreciate the distance between Melee and the rest of us.

I've been playing for two and a half years, and fairly actively. All of that time I've been in FE, and I'm almost at 300 000 000 000 cult xp. Melee has six players who have a little more, to just under twice as much (Jem) cult xp as I do, not to mention GmbH, who's around four and a half times what I have.

You think you can shake a few players out of the top 100 and make a run at them?

Alright, say you get one of the cults with 10 000 000 000 000 (isn't it embarrasing I can't remember how the 10^13 works?) to sign on. That leaves 3.5x10^13 xp you still have to make up. Not much, eh? Well, you'd need 229 players, all who were capable of killing a dregdin mage in 10 AP, to go out and do that, with 100 USPs each. No problem?

Well, they're still leveling, themselves. You know GmbH is sitting on enough to get to 50K, and wouldn't mind rubbing someone's nose in it along the way. I pay attention to Fredds19, beause he's above me in the spirit list, and he bounces up to the top eight or nine, then falls back out, so he's still active. I'm sure I don't have to tell you that Jem's keeping her end up. Heck, they just got a miner that has more cult xp than you and lasciel combined.

So, I'm not saying it couldn't be done, but I still don't think there are enough people playing out there to do it. Don't listen to that parrot GMC. I mean, maybe if you got 125 or so players, with 100 USPs each, you'd be able to overtake in the very long term, just from numbers and natural ap, but if you thought you'd do it with 20 or so, you'd be looking at over 1000 USPs each, and I don't know who'd do that,at least now.

If you do find 124 more, I'll throw in a alt with 100 USPs and a wee mage with a couple of dozen more. I might not like to look up at the mountain and see it laughing down on me, but I'm not about to take up the challenge of climbing it, only to turn back, halfway.

#22 gothador_grandmaster

gothador_grandmaster
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2008 - 17:28

About time someone actually throw this idea out there. All the people in this thread that are saying good luck need to throw their hats in also. Get the top players from the top 3-10 cults and go join sacbro's cult. It can be done. Just takes someone to do some unifying.

Don't listen to that naysayer Uriah. Do some talking in PM's and on yahoo. One post in cults sure isn't going to get them all unified. Talk to everyone in the top 50 and come up with a speech that will get them on board.

#23 Pidge

Pidge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 17:50

GMC why don't ya leave Melee and organize it...

I'm sure your tounge's silver enough to encourage everyone to jump the wagon to put Melee in their place.

[In no means is this me bashing melee, we know they do it well enough on their own ;)]

#24 FrankNStien

FrankNStien

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 18:00

DAMMIT.........I am an attention ho too and no one ever mentions me...and my cult exp and levels........ pouts...kicks Uriah in the shin and goes to sulk in Icedrop.... grumbles...make me go kill things dayum joooooo!! !! !! !!

Pidge...Gmc did that once already....its called Melee

#25 Mysticalme

Mysticalme

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 18:15

DAMMIT.........I am an attention ho too and no one ever mentions me...and my cult exp and levels........ pouts...kicks Uriah in the shin and goes to sulk in Icedrop.... grumbles...make me go kill things dayum joooooo!! !! !! !!

No, when Melee was formed, GMC was still very new to the game. It was Andor who put it together. I know, I was there.

#26 Pidge

Pidge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 18:17

GMC is still very new to the game! :D

Tress go on strike until GMC catch's up to ya, save some death and destruction for the rest of us.

#27 FrankNStien

FrankNStien

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 18:21

I know MM.....that was exciting times....but he did help recruit a few LOL....... ugh so it is GMC I blame

#28 Mysticalme

Mysticalme

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 18:27

Yeah was hard reaching the cult with the most members, I mean the Burger Kings had so many!

#29 uriahheap

uriahheap

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 19:05

Ah, sorry. For the record, you are one of the six people I did mention that had more cult xp than me.

The point I was trying to make was that there were several people who had cult experience that was the equivalent of years of play, and it wouldn't be overcome as easily as just putting together 20 of the top 100 and chugging a few BDVs.

If you want more attention, stay out of the shadows, and show us more of joor pretty face! Or I guess you could take the easier route, and become a mouthy tool, like most. :wink:

#30 Pidge

Pidge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 19:18

Uriah and Tress.... Come on now ladies.

No need to get dirty and starting making reference to GMC and Las in here...

Keep all blows above the belt and lets have a clean fight!

#31 Mysticalme

Mysticalme

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 19:24

Clean fight? Where's the fun in that? :(

#32 Pidge

Pidge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 19:56

Alright, MM joo can knock GMC around for a bit. *closes her eyes*

#33 Mysticalme

Mysticalme

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 20:05

Squish - leaving a yellowish goo laying about

Ok, now what?

#34 lasciel

lasciel

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 02:07

Uriah, you're still hung up on the xp here but like we've said...when you get into our levels, the xp starts to count for squat...Aizen's already gotten himself 100 billion cult xp in our cult (currently in limbo from the cult xp form of the de-levelling bug) and I've got over 20 billion from a single hunt I've done the same as Niflheim...the higher you get the less the cult xp means because it just stacks on so easily, all that ends up counting is character levels. Between the two of us we gave up 750 billion cult xp...that's pretty much a top 5 cult on our own.

sure there's no shame in safety, but if you never take the risk how will you know?

#35 uriahheap

uriahheap

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 04:51

Fine, if you don't like how I've expressed it, how many USPs did it take to get that 20 billion cult xp? If you can find a cult with 10 (trillion?) xp to take you in, you'll only need 150 times that number of USPs, for someone the size of you and Nilf.

Not impossible, by any stretch. But if you look at the top ten cults, most of them have a few players that contribute most of the cult xp. I don't know who is who, as far as that goes, but I don't imagine you'll get half of those. But we could go on and on, my pragmatism vs. your sunny optimism.

Still, I've offered my warrior, who's in the top 100 warriors (although I know there's a big spread there) and a small mage (and you'd need many mages, because they have a wider menu with respect to creatures to hunt). I'll make sure my warrior can level some, with 100 USPs, and both will have my normal flunkies to support them with orbs and the like.

You don't want me, because I've moved away from the standard method of leveling, and anyway, warriors do more damage than mages, so they should level faster. Besides, the thrill of overtaking (or at least challenging) Melee wouldn't make up for the feeling of lost family were I to leave FE (Except maybe for Vickie, who upbid me at an auction, the other day!).

So what does that make, three? Pm me when you get to fifty. :wink:

#36 gothador_grandmaster

gothador_grandmaster
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2008 - 05:11

No, when Melee was formed, GMC was still very new to the game. It was Andor who put it together. I know, I was there.

:lol: :lol: Andor was definitely the popular one, but far from being the idea man. There were quite a few of us involved, but I think the main initiator behind Melee was Mnementh, without his motivation, we'd all be in Outcasts still. :P

#37 gothador_grandmaster

gothador_grandmaster
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2008 - 05:16

Yeah was hard reaching the cult with the most members, I mean the Burger Kings had so many!

I forgot who it was that we passed to become #1, was it the Burger Kings?

#38 Polar Bear

Polar Bear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 27 April 2008 - 09:02

I always thought the cool thing to do was to try without really trying... and come in say around 23rd:-

http://www.gothador....=86&norefresh=1

:P 8)

P.s.
If I'm back subbed before Fishmas, don't be suprised.

Once a Bear, always a Bear!

#39 Mysticalme

Mysticalme

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 13:12

I forgot who it was that we passed to become #1, was it the Burger Kings?

For the most members? Probably, I really don't remember. I think I left before you got that dubious honor.

#40 gothador_fizzler

gothador_fizzler
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2008 - 19:04

why would ya want to beat melee anyway ? ppl come ppl go will melee be on top forever ? maybe maybe not and if they are well lets face they deserve to be due to having 6 really powerful mems . and as for the hangers on who like to claim to be part of the best cult so what ? all in all they are a cult . in our cult im like
6 x higher than they next person but that doesnt mean they dont belong with me coz they do we play together coz thats what the games all about . having fun .

good luck if you try it though but methinks it will fail.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: