• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Voolf

Voolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 19:31

Feel free to maybe add some ideas of how you may like it to be...

Well i already said that for me personal shops are the best way. Of course organizes one.

an actualy npc shop that they can stock with their own items???

sounds interesting 

Npc where everybody put items, and can search for some from others to buy... Still to me sounds like common AH.

#22 IndustrialJunkie

IndustrialJunkie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 January 2014 - 20:15

i prefer an auction house shared across all servers, dont want to be looking for the right person sitting there with the items that i want, just give me a big list from an NPC  :)

#23 Empathia

Empathia

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:55

Whether it be AH or player shops, some way of trading in the game is much needed.

Even some way of organising  the forum Market Place would be a help. Having to trawl through all those posts for anything you might need is a pain

#24 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:48

Bump..

#25 Koslov

Koslov

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Malta

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:55

Indeed player shops would be pretty cool. I'd enjoy a city with a lot of players in it.

Small Edit; I now prefer AH's. Many reasons stated in this thread.

Edited by Koslov, 28 January 2014 - 11:34.

0_0_zpse03cd7bc.jpg

#26 GamersRemote

GamersRemote

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:02

I would like to see a normal auction house based on the easy access of materials and goods, being able to quickly search for something and buying it straight away has its benefits. 

However I feel it takes away from the community, I do like the feeling of walking into a town with a dozen odd people casually looking through vendors for goods and services. If the shop player isn't AFK whilst running the stall you could have a chat and maybe barter down some prices for a sale.

That gives it a nice role playing vibe to it.

And if the Auction House is a clear winner, I would like to see the auction part of it to be extended and explored more.

Whether it's auction house, screaming at the top of your lungs or sitting behind a stall for 15hours a day; I am looking forward to see what will be coming next.

#27 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 January 2014 - 18:58

Bump

#28 Voolf

Voolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 19:48

I post this in different section but I'll write it here also as this is the leading thread for Shops / Auction House.

It's pretty much why i am against AH.

In case of personal shops, people usually don't run and check all of them to see the prices. They just glance at general item gold value and everyone put it on sale on avarage same prices. When you see some staff/sword or whatever you wanna buy then you have to think. Buy this now, or look more. There may be someone who sells it cheaper, but when you return to the previous seller the item may be already sold. This is more real and is by far the greatest thing to put in games like this. AH is for lazy people, but that is not what bothers me.

I hate AH because of one thing. If you wanna sell somthing, let's say lvl 40 potions, you just search for them, see the price of all people selling them in one place and put yours on AH for cheaper. Then next person look on AH, see your cheapest price of potions and put his even cheaper. And this goes on and on, bringing sometimes prices so down, that it's even not worth selling anymore. Seen this in many games. AH is game economic breaker!. And that is why i hate it.

#29 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 January 2014 - 19:51

I would much rather have Player shops then a AH...... Like Voolf says AH is dog eat dog.. Some one always wants to under cut the other guy...

#30 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 January 2014 - 20:03

http://forums.hunted...topic=59904&hl=

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#31 Hic242

Hic242

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 January 2014 - 23:04

I think having little villages with 10 or more player houses and a few npc dotted around would be cool. Be cool if you could save up and buy a plot/house in the village, choose colour of the room and design of the house. There could be like a portal which leads to these little villages

Would be cool if each guild (when they are implemented) had it's own village and all the members of the guild had houses in this village.

'Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.'

#32 Lagenia

Lagenia

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:02

I post this in different section but I'll write it here also as this is the leading thread for Shops / Auction House.

It's pretty much why i am against AH.

In case of personal shops, people usually don't run and check all of them to see the prices. They just glance at general item gold value and everyone put it on sale on avarage same prices. When you see some staff/sword or whatever you wanna buy then you have to think. Buy this now, or look more. There may be someone who sells it cheaper, but when you return to the previous seller the item may be already sold. This is more real and is by far the greatest thing to put in games like this. AH is for lazy people, but that is not what bothers me.

I hate AH because of one thing. If you wanna sell somthing, let's say lvl 40 potions, you just search for them, see the price of all people selling them in one place and put yours on AH for cheaper. Then next person look on AH, see your cheapest price of potions and put his even cheaper. And this goes on and on, bringing sometimes prices so down, that it's even not worth selling anymore. Seen this in many games. AH is game economic breaker!. And that is why i hate it.

You havent played runescape for example right?

AH is not always retarded WoW AH which most people refer to when they hear AH.

In Runescape there is a Grand Exchange, where you can search for items and you only see the average gold amount that the item got sold for in the last week - you can place offers below / higher and probably dont even get the item you want.

This is by far the best "AH" system i have seen in games like this ... and yeah the "WOW" AH suxx and i wouldnt want something like this at all

5700658DHjpT.png

6 x Level 40, 8 to go

#33 RISDMAC

RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge
  • Ireland

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:36

People will always undercut each other for selling, whether its the current hawking system shouting in chat/forums, player shops or an AH...

Personally, I like the AH system in FS and I would imagine if one was implemented here it would bear a lot of similarities to this model, since FS is another HCS title. If people want to critique this and make any suggestions or recommendations on what to avoid, check it out.

For those of us who havent played (and have no intention of playing) external (non HCS) titles, such comparisons mean very little and it has the ring of "lets make Eldevin a carbon copy of this game...", something I cant stand. If you like a feature from another game, explain the feature without referencing the title, say why you liked it and why you feel it would benefit Eldevin moving forward....😉

#34 Praetor

Praetor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 23:16

2 thoughts. First regarding an AH, usually there is a "buy now" price and a bid price. The "buy now" is normally higher. As for AH driving down prices -- no. What usually happens is a big player rolls through now and then and buys a thousand copper ores (for example) at the "buy now" price thus clearing out all the low priced copper ore and permits the market prices to rise again.

Regarding shops...an alternative is to add a feature to the existing NPC's for alchemy, crystal cutting, skinning, etc. What would happen would be after selecting Trade instead of the current 2 buttons (buy, sell) there would be a 3rd button (resale). Click that resale button and you would see a selection of items placed by players to buy with their per unit price. When you buy you get the item(s) and the NPC holds the cash. Sellers when they drop by again would get the cash from the NPC for their previous sales. Sellers would click the resale button to add the items they want to sell with the per unit price they want.

Deal would be that alchemy shop would hold only potions or potion ingredients, skinning only skins and meats, prospecting only ores, crystal cutting only crystal ores and cut gems, etc. Items not sold in 3 days must be reclaimed by seller and would disappear from the resale area. This feature prevents the resale area from filling up with overpriced items. Items not picked up by seller after 10 days would be destroyed. This prevents the reclaim area from filling up.

Edited by Praetor, 28 January 2014 - 23:17.

#35 Damond

Damond

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 23:25

Check the Everquest model. There is an area for shops to set up. These same items sold at the shops are also put in the auction house, which can be accessed form anywhere in the world..However you must first pay a postage to get the item you bought to your inventory..other wise it is sent to a mailbox you can access from EC. Of course the postage can be bought in the cash shop for a low price. This allows players to get the items they want and devs to get the cash they need to run the game.

Edited by Damond, 28 January 2014 - 23:26.

#36 Eldvart

Eldvart

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 15:29

An AH has usually the downside kind of like mentioned above: if they list all merchandise of the world then less people if any probably makes any "business" out of it. If you know too well the "exact" price and can get it in a click there's no much pleasure to AHing. There should be room for surprise, for guesses, for some potential advantage of the player less lazy.

There are ways to do it better: split all the wares for sale by some rule, and make a player able to only access a part from someplace. Example #1 was given by Praetor, add crystal stuff to a prospecting NPC etc. This way the buyer has to go the NPC and access only the wares they have. Example #2, add an AH for each city, different NPCs and different listings. If there are 4 cities with AH, it still means you can be lazy and check only one and buy; if you check more, some less popular city might surprise you with a cheaper item. Also, the game AH interface should help you but not too much; for instance, it could allow you order by price but *not* "remember" the former or average price (then the player that gains the knowledge of average prices can make a deal every now and then); or perhaps the other way around, not show the exact prices but the former/estimated prices.

In both cases (and more), the proposal contains the AH advantage to *not* use your time in-game for running the shop.

Additionally, as much as I'm personally interested to see one day a well implemented player shops feature too (but I never saw it implemented other than as a timesink), I'm wary because in other games player shops take too much space, make lag, too many players staying and afk-ing, etc. I haven't seen an enjoyable implementation.

#37 Phoenix Rising

Phoenix Rising

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:00

While I feel an auction house has no place in this game, offline player vendoring sounds like an amazing idea. Also, a special trade channel for those wanting to buy and sell their goods while online. This will clear up world chat a great deal and separate the talkers from the buyers/sellers.

#38 Honza

Honza

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Czech Republic

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:55

offline vendoring = good
need to be online to sell = worried looks towards electricity bills

#39 Shadonia

Shadonia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 22:20

I very much like the idea of selling my own goods in an afk shop, though I also like the idea to use NPCs. I'd accept a 10% sales tax as a good trade for not having to sell produce at the game's set price or hunt for a buyer.

By the way, why do the Food Stall and Chef Stock shopkeepers in Elvedin City sell exactly the same range of items from stalls facing each other? Seems a total waste of a shop. I'd like a shop that sold those food items you need for cooking, like garlic, which you need level 8 farming to grow. The food stall would seem the ideal place.

#40 Wickedry

Wickedry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 15:44

In regards to player owned shops, I'd like to see it done as a multi-window shop offering multiple methods of interaction.

Window 1: List items to sell, up to say 30 items at a time for a price the player sets.

Window 2: List items to buy, how many of each item you want for prices you set, VERY useful for material purchases.

Window 3: Offer your crafting services, in a way where you set the price on your service, other people gather the materials and use your shop to craft the items for them, they pay for your service & get their items while you get the gold from the sale of your service and the experience from crafting whatever they had made.

This is pretty much how Ragnarok Online did it and it worked beautifully, players seeking to buy specific materials could set up shop next to spawns of that material around the world and encourage people to gather it for a bit of profit, or those wishing to sell say, a specific level of potion, could set up in that level of area and increase their odds of making a sale.

That said, player shops do generate some absolutely horrid lag in highly populated areas, people tend to complain about lag now...imagine 50+ people crowding the bank in EC 24/7 and that's just from the shops set up.

I'd personally prefer an auction house or both, however if we only get player shops, this is how I'd like to see it done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: