10 replies to this topic

#1 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 19:23

bear with me as i am half asleep while typing this.

so here goes my idea, there are levels in pvp right? like level 5 is rookie and lvl 10 is something.

so as our character goes in pve mode by grinding and then adding talent and attribute points in wild by killing innocent bunnies and the ugly rumble dude, why do we not level up and gain talent points in pvp as we do matches and win and kill someone..

how the leveling system will work....

The first match

So like everyone starts out in pvp at level 0.[initially]

and the match ends which give you valor xp... which eventually after ever fight you will gain some if you win and hence you will level up

A few more matches and voila your level 1 in pvp finallly!

so how will this balance the players? not sure about this aspect but seems interesting to me.

well everyone will level a bit per match and there will be pre determined weapons provided on a table in the spawn area when you get teleported to a pvp area. each weapon for a class , you start out as naked and as you level up you unlock new weapons [pvp weapons that can be bought by valor points (here is a great use for valor points which the devs already have)]

so your level 0, ur assigned with your class weapons a simple basic weapon..an auto attack and one skill.

as you level up, u gain valor xp and valor points and the ability to unlock level 1 weapons and level 1 skills!

[having a seperate talent tree for this will really help, a tree just for pvp with just pvp skills..]

level 2, unlocks level 2 weapons and armour and so forth..

this will also help in group queuing [by putting players according to level in each team] which was recently removed 

a question also comes to my mind how will a level 0 guy face a level 5 guy with better weapons and skills, maybe level 0 guys can be buffed up to the max level by this i mean damage reduction buffs given to lower levels inteased of just increase in mana and hp..or something like that

and obviously of-course  what happens in pvp stays in pvp.... so this is all happening inside a pvp area.

just a very very basic idea

Edited by xpwaste, 21 May 2014 - 19:28.

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#2 angelinexile

angelinexile

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 19:56

I think I understand your concept, but my concern is that it completely flattens the playing field in PvP, instead of allowing for some range in terms of ability levels and earned status. Those are things which a lot of players really seek out when it comes to competitive play. Everyone should have an ability to gain some sort of edge over the competition.

Now, I am not a status junkie or a crazy strategic gamer, but I would be turned off by PvP which didn't allow any of my playing style to shine through. I'm just not sure that this would provide for folks like myself, let alone for those who enjoy fine tuning their characters' ability levels.

Innovation is the Mother of Prosperity.

- Aurynne - Lvl 20 - Ranger
Prospecting 12 | Skinning 12 | Foraging 8 | Forestry 7 | Fishing 6 | Crystal Cutting 6 | Farming 5

Cooking 8 | Leatherwork 7 | Weaponsmithing 6 | Alchemy 4 | Armor-smithing 2 | Jewelry 2 | Tailoring 1
- NynaeveAlmeara - Lvl 7 - Prophet/Mage (to be)
- Adolin - Lvl 6 - Templar (to be)
- MatrimCauthon - Lvl 1 - Warrior (to be)

#3 hussey

hussey

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Badge
  • India

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:37

Yes i agree ,atm ranks are nothing . U remain a rookie till lvl 9 and rival at 10 . There should be some reward for the lvl up.

PLAYING     ONLY     FOR     PVP ! ! !

#4 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:57

I think I understand your concept, but my concern is that it completely flattens the playing field in PvP, instead of allowing for some range in terms of ability levels and earned status. Those are things which a lot of players really seek out when it comes to competitive play. Everyone should have an ability to gain some sort of edge over the competition.

Now, I am not a status junkie or a crazy strategic gamer, but I would be turned off by PvP which didn't allow any of my playing style to shine through. I'm just not sure that this would provide for folks like myself, let alone for those who enjoy fine tuning their characters' ability levels.

as i said it was a very very basic idea, providing a new pvp based talent tree with some hybrid option to avail for as your character level up in pvp will provide the competition as well as new ways of tackeling classes that are based only for one vs one player and also provide edge to character made only for pve[as what you do in pve will not be considered in pvp , rather u'll have a totally new play area :D], you would just avoid the headache of respeces by this, also allowing players to think both about pvp and pve.. more freedom.. more choice.. more content. 

Also the predifined weapons can have hybrid stats (just to relieve the itch of hybrid weapons needed by players)

again this is a very basic idea which can improved over by player feed back and time .

i also suppose that the oceanic surver can be turned into beta test server where all the new ideas can be implemented to test out before actually releasing them. i knew a game where every new concenpt was fist put in beta server that was available for all to play and after testing it out for few months fine tuning it and listening to feedback ...after all the changes were made, errors were removed, concepts were improved. it was then relased to the main game.

in the test server everyone was maxed out and provided a ridiculous amount of in game curreny[both ep & gold] to test everything out obviously this will only be limited to beta server and not implied or carried by account to the game servers.

I AM assuming that there capacity is much more than what the current 3 servers are holding so making a new beta server would not be such a problem and it would be great way to actually test it out, instead of putting it in game and then listening to complaints ... just assuming.

Edited by xpwaste, 22 May 2014 - 07:08.

previously:

#5 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:35

I like the idea, but balanced teams is a MUST!!! The basic weapons could be bought for 0 valor points in the weapon shop, while better weapons for higher and higher prices. Same with armors, but no free armor. 

Also, you should start as lvl 1. 

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

#6 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:55

I have played a game where the PVP was kinda what you suggest, everyone could be a pug or a party pug(against another team .... or 4 (battle royale) ) the first time you pvpd you were initially ekipped with gladiators clothing, wich had zero in all stats as you did pvp you would gain PVP coins, and with them you could buy armors and weapons( some more powerfull then we were used to for pve, and only possible to equip on pvp screen) you would remain your skills, abilities,  special abilities and stats( wich sometimes resulted in a total massacre )equipped lower levels could beat a badly a non equipped higher level easily with the weapons/armor stat boosts ( stun snare KILL )

So lowers levels would made teams against each others 2vs2 to quickly gain pvp coins. it was fun till they nerfed and made only possible 4vs4 or 5vs5 also this game had a fun thing "destroy the caravans" pvp teams would prepare and the teams that would destroy the protected caravans faster won.

also a team vs team vs team vs team vs team was fun but we do not have the playerbase :(

EDIT:Grammar

Edited by Susej, 24 May 2014 - 11:49.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#7 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:17

but we do not have the playerbase :(

So much depends on the playerbase.  :( If there were much more players, it would be easier to find opponents that are same level as you.

#8 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:01

I think when you go to a mall and buy a new phone , you buy the one with the most features on and the type of choice of you have, you wouldn't want to buy a phone which has some under developed raw features which your sure are not fully efficient.

Same is with games people usually play games which have been developed and have good working features, so surely developing the game's features will always boost it's player base. 

previously:

#9 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:18

You wouldn't buy the phone if the features would only work if your friends & family got a similar phone. 

#10 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:31

You wouldn't buy the phone if the features would only work if your friends & family got a similar phone. 

That actually happens alot......

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#11 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts