#21 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 May 2014 - 14:35

HCS had to do something about Despair.  It was not functioning as documented, and by definition that makes it a bug.  So they chose to fix it.  A perfectly legitimate decision, even if not the best one.  No reason for people to go ballistic over this.  You don't usually hear a software company asking for permission to fix a bug.

This thread boils down to a request to put back the bug, call it a feature and document it.  Given the comments above I have to agree, and given this outcry HCS will probably accept it.  But remember, from the developer's POV, fixing a bug is usually the correct thing to do.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#22 Alphamale

Alphamale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 14:47

HCS had to do something about Despair.  It was not functioning as documented, and by definition that makes it a bug.  So they chose to fix it.  A perfectly legitimate decision, even if not the best one.  No reason for people to go ballistic over this.  You don't usually hear a software company asking for permission to fix a bug.

This thread boils down to a request to put back the bug, call it a feature and document it.  Given the comments above I have to agree, and given this outcry HCS will probably accept it.  But remember, from the developer's POV, fixing a bug is usually the correct thing to do.

Just proofs how much of a shitty job they did on templars if a bug generates more threath than half of my theat abilities... And I do expect them to fix the bug with WBS also making it only possible to do them with 5/10 people cus it for sure ain't intended for that many people. But ye that would force dps' to actually max dps and pay attention at wbs. 

Fact remains that every "difficulty" upgrade is paid by templars

Liberae sunt nostrae cogitationes, Lex Talionis

If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge? - William shakespeare

/Glenn aka Alphadouche

#23 Linkondrugs

Linkondrugs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 May 2014 - 15:51

You know you all could just move to another game? Like i did.

Gathering:

Crystal Cutting:  49  | Fishing:  49  | Forestry:  49  | Skinning:  49  | Farming:  49  Foraging:  49  | Prospecting:   49 |

Crafting:

Alchemy: 49  Cooking:  49  | Leatherworking:  49  | Weaponsmithing:  49  | Armorsmithing:  49  | Jewelry:  49  | Tailoring: 49

5,000+ Hours Logged, Closed Beta Player, Richest Merchant Around ;D

#24 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 16:21

I bet if i just magicly silenced you IRL, you would be pretty pissed of with me, i wouuld be. lol

Just proofs how much of a shitty job they did on templars if a bug generates more threath than half of my theat abilities... And I do expect them to fix the bug with WBS also making it only possible to do them with 5/10 people cus it for sure ain't intended for that many people. But ye that would force dps' to actually max dps and pay attention at wbs. 

Fact remains that every "difficulty" upgrade is paid by templars

When a spell gives that much treat and impale does not its something they need to look after, but not making it harder to tank, if the all the tanks used despair its cause it was veeeery helpfull so dont move rotations of the most needed class in this game without warning players first.

Edited by Susej, 31 May 2014 - 16:21.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#25 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 17:06

I bet if i just magicly silenced you IRL, you would be pretty pissed of with me, i wouuld be. lol

When a spell gives that much treat and impale does not its something they need to look after, but not making it harder to tank, if the all the tanks used despair its cause it was veeeery helpfull so dont move rotations of the most needed class in this game without warning players first.

Or making another talent that can be used instead of that.

Barter system has fed our ancestors for a very very long time.

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#26 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 17:24

pm me what game pls :)

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#27 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 18:04

I am interested to know also. I am open to trying new things. please pm me also.

#28 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 18:05

I am interested to know also. I am open to trying new things. please pm me also.

same

previously:

#29 slipknot84

slipknot84

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 15:43

tumblr_nahbpgs7Pm1rpnbr6o1_500.gif

#30 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 19:28

lmao

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#31 PhurieDae

PhurieDae

Chief Creative Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:01

We're already looking at ways to help Templars cope with bearing the brunt of the repair costs (the 10% repair reduction was part of that) so we can certainly look at other ways for them to generate and hold aggro now that Despair has been fixed. I'm a (low level) Templar myself and I have definitely struggled to hold aggro when dealing with multiple enemies.

The good thing is that now Despair has been fixed, it's exposed a problem that we might not have been fully aware of before. If tanks are relying on a bug to maintain their threat, that's not a true solution & it's just masking an underlying issue.

Louisa Gallie
Senior Concept & UI Artist

#32 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:20

We're already looking at ways to help Templars cope with bearing the brunt of the repair costs (the 10% repair reduction was part of that) so we can certainly look at other ways for them to generate and hold aggro now that Despair has been fixed. I'm a (low level) Templar myself and I have definitely struggled to hold aggro when dealing with multiple enemies.

The good thing is that now Despair has been fixed, it's exposed a problem that we might not have been fully aware of before. If tanks are relying on a bug to maintain their threat, that's not a true solution & it's just masking an underlying issue.

Also you lowered repair costs, but no one high level( i think so) does not use gold to repair, they use kits otherwise with gold is way too much.

tanks take a big tool on that.

And yes despair was a great tool, it stilll generates aggro but its like 10% of what it was.

And i personally though it was on purpose.

Edited by Susej, 02 June 2014 - 11:29.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

#33 slipknot84

slipknot84

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:55

new skill high up in the templar tree sounds good

tumblr_nahbpgs7Pm1rpnbr6o1_500.gif

#34 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:03

Sometimes, I feel like you guys don't even test out your own updates.  Like how Rumble was practically impossible, and was left that way for 2 weeks.  If you guys just magically gave yourself TR gear, and tried to run it before releasing, you'd have found that out immediately.  

Have one of you play a level 45 tank, and see how tanking is currently in the game right now, before attempting changes.  Making decisions based only on paper and pencil (theories) without actual practice usually results in work you have to fix immediately.  

#35 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:10

Make a beta test server and let us test out ur changes before implementing. :)

IK im asking too much :P

But if it happens, i'd be happy to help :)

Edited by xpwaste, 02 June 2014 - 12:11.

previously:

#36 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:16

And this affects more hybrid healer/templar builds more than pure templar builds.  Now I don't know what the developers' view is on hybrids.  Maybe they should be punished for attempting something different by losing aggro and wiping the party more than regular tanks.  If threat generation talents are improved but placed right in the end of the templar tree, you might be forcing all tanks to play cookie cutter builds in the future.  

Edited by Alteration, 02 June 2014 - 12:17.

#37 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:41

Sometimes, I feel like you guys don't even test out your own updates.  Like how Rumble was practically impossible, and was left that way for 2 weeks.  If you guys just magically gave yourself TR gear, and tried to run it before releasing, you'd have found that out immediately.  

Have one of you play a level 45 tank, and see how tanking is currently in the game right now, before attempting changes.  Making decisions based only on paper and pencil (theories) without actual practice usually results in work you have to fix immediately.  

Rumble is still impossible.no one as finished that ascended dungeon yet.

But yes they should test it first.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

#38 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 June 2014 - 13:34

Rumble is still impossible.no one as finished that ascended dungeon yet.

But yes they should test it first.

I don't think its impossible..just requires very very close to perfect timing on everything from the templar and prophet(s) ;).

Also I must say i really do feel people are taking this in the wrong direction. Read before trying to bash me,but I agree to a extent some templars may have problems keeping aggro or even hyb prophanks but..asking them to break a move for the purpose of more freedom isn't the way to go. I think this AND many other problems could be resolved by a much simpler solution or set of solutions really. 1) new talents implemented for each class. 2) possibly more threat added to already in game ability/talents. 3) more ability ideas for each set class (45). 4) asking for more moves to get extra random effects or even gear or set bonuses for extra effects. EX: templar heavy set receive 5-10% extra threat(fabled maybe 15-20%) , or vindicate when specced gives additional 5,10,15 % threat to any enemies effected by vindicate ability and also when fully capped make vindicate apply to all enemies within maybe a 5 yard radius. 

These are just examples..But i think it is a better direction then constant arguing bickering and complaining over a fix that was needed. Fixing a move that did something it wasn't supposed to is a correct fix regardless of how many relied on the bug.

Edited by HuMoR, 02 June 2014 - 13:35.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#39 Tsali

Tsali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 14:02

Why is it that every time this game gets an update, it screws the Templars?  Every single time!

Are you angry at Templars?  Did a Templar jack you for your lunch money at school? What?

Edited by Tsali, 02 June 2014 - 14:03.

#40 Tsali

Tsali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 14:07

Give up your mage, Guthix, and play a Templar for a while! , Maybe then, you'll get it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: