Photo

templar bug, assassin bug, food bug, templar bug again, prophet bug, and mage (or ranger) bug

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 14:04

Stouthearted (+6% defense passive on heavy armor) - If a templar takes off a piece of armor, and puts it back on, the 6% defense bonus is not applied until the templar relogs into the game, or if he removes every piece of armor before putting them on again.  

Frozen spires (50% dps up front, +20/30/40/50% dps per second for 6 seconds) - It actually does 50% dps up front, and +20/30/40/50% dps per HALF second for 6 seconds (the bleed does 2x the listed amount in damage).

Food and %stat potions - As far as I can tell, flat +X food should be applied before +% potions.  For example, if you have 670 sorcery, and use +30 sorc food and +15% sorcery potion, you should get [(670 + 30) x 1.15] = 805 sorcery after.  However, if you use the potion first before eating food, or if your potion buff still exists when you eat the food, or whenever you relog into the game and both food and potions buffs still exist, then the %stat bonus is not applied to the food [(670 x 1.15) + 30] = 800.5 dps.  I've heard many dps wonder why they have 5 more or 5 less dps than they last noticed, even if they didn't do anything different.  This is the cause.

Empathy - Empathy acts weirdly, on hp/mp regen on the person being empathized.  Firstly, if the person has volley and/or essence of magic, their mp stolen/basic attack is reduced by the amount of %damage transferred to the tank.  Secondly, if the person being empathized is healed, the healer takes damage equal to the amount of %damage transferred to the tank.  I forgot to check if this bug is also affecting base hp/mp regen.  

Think fast - There is no buff icon when you have think fast on.  You usually want to make sure think fast is on before you cast the big 2 cooldown spells - benediction and snowfall.  Turning on character screen just to make sure think fast is on during boss fights is plain inconvenient.

Burns (blazing arrow with napalm for ranger, incinerate with blazing embers and erupt for mages) - I know that bleeds ignore armor, and cannot crit or be blocked.  However, I do not know how burns are supposed to work.  A ranger's blazing arrow with napalm talent does 15/30/45% of blazing arrow's initial damage, over 6 seconds in burn damage.  The napalm portion does damage over time, ignores armor, and does not crit, so I'm assuming a "burn" is supposed to work in the same way as a "bleed".  If so, then a mage's incinerate with blazing embers and erupt is bugged, because the burn portion of the damage is reduced by armor, can crit and be blocked.  If burns are not supposed to work like bleeds, then the rangers' blazing arrow with napalm talent is bugged.  *I have never tested engulf so I don't know if this applies to engulf as well*

Edited by Alteration, 12 June 2014 - 14:37.

#2 hussey

hussey

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Badge
  • India

Posted 12 June 2014 - 16:20

All bugs in single thread :D

PLAYING     ONLY     FOR     PVP ! ! !

#3 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 16:22

Yeah... It's obvious I respec and try out new characters alot :P

And pay attention to numbers... hahaha

#4 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 12 June 2014 - 16:31

cast Impathe on some one in town, Start healing them see get dmg as you healing them.

Edited by redsmokeboy, 12 June 2014 - 16:33.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#5 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:57

bump

#6 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 June 2014 - 13:09

I sent in tickets about these a little while back,and yes it applies to engulf also.

Edited by HuMoR, 14 June 2014 - 13:10.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#7 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 June 2014 - 16:25

Re: Burns

I think I know what might be happening.  Napalm is based on the actual Blazing Arrow damage, after crits and armor.  It's a continuation of the initial damage.  Engulf and Erupt are doing new damage every second, based on the spell DPS.  They are not actual 'burns'.

The description for Blazing Embers is rather ambiguous.  But it's obviously following the concept of new damage.  However the spell is supposed to work, the description should be improved.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#8 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 June 2014 - 21:20

Re: Burns

I think I know what might be happening.  Napalm is based on the actual Blazing Arrow damage, after crits and armor.  It's a continuation of the initial damage.  Engulf and Erupt are doing new damage every second, based on the spell DPS.  They are not actual 'burns'.

The description for Blazing Embers is rather ambiguous.  But it's obviously following the concept of new damage.  However the spell is supposed to work, the description should be improved.

engulfs damage doesn't change based off new/old dps it stays the same the entire time.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#9 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:38

Flame arrow as well not sure bug, Genrate way to much threath.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#10 Cygnus

Cygnus

Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 June 2014 - 17:49

Made a start on working through this list since they're mostly bugs:

• There will be a fix going in for Stouthearted. It was missing the values from the last armour piece equipped when summing up the total. Best option was to defer the calculation slightly to get the right values from the armour.
  • We'll update the talent description for Frozen Spires to match the behaviour rather than changing the talent.
  • Empathy really isn't working as intended for heals. It's taking a portion of any heal (health/mana) as damage on the Empathy caster and stealing a % of the heal from the Empathy target. The fix will cancel out the damage getting done by heals and the target should get their full heal.
  • The Think Fast proc effect will be setup to show an icon. This was probably an oversight.
  • The Burning effect from Blazing Embers is setup different compared to normals DoTs, instead of working on a fixed spell damage value like most it takes the "total damage" from the Incinerate just cast so crit/glance comes into play. It sounds like this is causing confusion. We'll hold off changing this right now, it needs some thought though.

Not sure what can be done about the status effect order issue, that one's a little harder than it sounds to work out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: