20 replies to this topic

#1 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 13:16

I discovered that if you log out for any reason in Trapper's Atoll, you will lose resources and tokens, regardless of being in combat or not.  I'm not sure if this is because of killing PL and he's a little miffed but  Hussey and Guthix both logged out to kill plasma lord on another server and I gained a portion of their tokens and some of their resources.  After I joined them, I logged out and Guthix got some of my smuggled gold, a flake and some smuggled resources.  I'm no game developer, but I'm pretty sure that's not supposed to happen.  :)  

8TLwd.jpg

#2 l3fty

l3fty

Senior Artist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 June 2014 - 13:19

It is supposed to happen sorry ;)

It is to prevent people logging out to save themselves from another player while in trappers atoll.

L3fty
Senior 3D Artist

#3 l3fty

l3fty

Senior Artist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 June 2014 - 13:20

(Just checked, this is listed in the patch notes too)

L3fty
Senior 3D Artist

#4 hussey

hussey

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Badge
  • India

Posted 19 June 2014 - 13:21

This was answered by devs a lil days ago too , to prevent gatherers by just logging off when they see a pvper online . 

They anyway run to nearest exit .

But this affects random dc too . So better to take it out . And i am lazy to go out ,log out and log back in and go to Ta in other server :P

I know about this but still i log back while in TA :P

Edited by hussey, 19 June 2014 - 13:23.

PLAYING     ONLY     FOR     PVP ! ! !

#5 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 June 2014 - 13:22

I'm not sure this is a good idea honestly,because no matter what atm if you log out on Ta your char stays for 30 seconds unprotected and unable to attack back so the extra loss of items is a double penalty and you can die in that 30 seconds of you on char screen and your char on TA still and the loss is still in effect.

Edited by HuMoR, 19 June 2014 - 13:23.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#6 hussey

hussey

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Badge
  • India

Posted 19 June 2014 - 13:22

Guthix is right .

Edited by hussey, 19 June 2014 - 13:23.

#7 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 13:23

wow, i need to pay attention more.    :)

it doesn't make much sense though, for the reasons Guthix stated.  :huh:

Edited by ChelseaBrick, 19 June 2014 - 13:26.

8TLwd.jpg

#8 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 June 2014 - 13:25

So here is basically what happens then... 

You try to log from someone they kill you while you cant attack back you lose 50% then you also lost a additional 50% of that because you even tried to log away. No reason to make a player lose 25% more of their total for something that they do just to not see themselves die,they will lose 50% anyways.

Edited by HuMoR, 19 June 2014 - 13:26.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#9 l3fty

l3fty

Senior Artist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 June 2014 - 13:30

Basically, don't try to log off to escape a player in Trapper's Atoll, we don't want you to get off scot free for that. Ideally however if you logged off in the safe zone, you should escape the penalty.

L3fty
Senior 3D Artist

#10 hussey

hussey

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Badge
  • India

Posted 19 June 2014 - 13:33

Basically, don't try to log off to escape a player in Trapper's Atoll, we don't want you to get off scot free for that. Ideally however if you logged off in the safe zone, you should escape the penalty.

ATM with no anonymous option , All the gatherers have the pvpers on friend's list , so once they see them online they Run out / use teleport . 

So basically it fails why it was made .

And the 30 seconds time is enuff to stop players who TRY to log off Once they see the red dot in minimap :P 

#11 hussey

hussey

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Badge
  • India

Posted 19 June 2014 - 13:35

Or atleast make it this way ? - Those in " Combat " lose resources if they use log out option ? 

#12 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 June 2014 - 13:35

Seems a bit out of order in that way,because then you put hassle on players helping other players. 

example: logging to help a different server with pl because they asked for help,you then have to go to a boat,still wait a 30 sec log time out of entrance,load up a different server,load TA again then make it back to pl instead of just the initial 30 second wait period.

Also That's weird for having a double penalty for those who just simply choose to not see themselves die on their screen but know they are dying in the game,that's like saying not only will you die in pvp but we will penalize you if you don't want to see it happen.

I agree if someone is on your minimap and you log to avoid you should lose something and you will as your char is sitting there for 30 seconds getting killed and you cant do anything I also agree you should lose stuff if you do die in pvp, but just relogging to help someone and nothing negative happening shouldn't be a penalty for that,you then make it to annoying for players to want to help others out,due to all the loading time and moving time.

Not attacking anyone at HCS but I think this may need to be relooked at lol this is the only game i've seen with this kind of thing set up so there is a penalty from nothing negative in the scenario.

Edited by HuMoR, 19 June 2014 - 13:42.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#13 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 13:55

It takes 1 min to run from any point on the island to a boat.

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#14 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 13:57

A better solution for this would be to remove the penality on logging out AND make the log out button not effective in trappers.

If anyone does crash/logout i guess it will be from DC.?

but then you can also just click the "x" button and close the client/browser. seems like a tough thing to do.

Edited by xpwaste, 19 June 2014 - 13:57.

previously:

#15 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 13:57

Look at all the flipping loading screens you have to go to to change servers in addition to the extra 30 seconds disconnect time.  ;)

8TLwd.jpg

#16 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 June 2014 - 14:01

A better solution for this would be to remove the penality on logging out AND make the log out button not effective in trappers.

If anyone does crash/logout i guess it will be from DC.?

but then you can also just click the "x" button and close the client/browser. seems like a tough thing to do.

I agree,it is hard to balance,but the current system is doing more harm then good for all the wrong reasons tbh. People are avoiding TA fights with pvpers by leaving the island when they log. so people who log for helping purposes from TA having to lose 50% of their items anyways pvp'r or pve'r even when no combat or negative effect in the scenario occurs until the actual log out.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#17 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 14:03

I agree,it is hard to balance,but the current system is doing more harm then good for all the wrong reasons tbh. People are avoiding TA fights with pvpers by leaving the island when they log. so people who log for helping purposes from TA having to lose 50% of their items anyways pvp'r or pve'r even when no combat or negative effect in the scenario occurs until the actual log out.

I guess everything can't be convenient.

A good software tends to have a complex UI.

weird example.

Run to boat log out and be happy. :) 

previously:

#18 Kijjum

Kijjum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 June 2014 - 14:56

There ya go  :P

Seems a bit out of order in that way,because then you put hassle on players helping other players. 

example: logging to help a different server with pl because they asked for help,you then have to go to a boat,still wait a 30 sec log time out of entrance,load up a different server,load TA again then make it back to pl instead of just the initial 30 second wait period.

Like xp said, it doesn't take long to get to a boat, and Plasma Lord takes a while to kill.

Also That's weird for having a double penalty for those who just simply choose to not see themselves die on their screen but know they are dying in the game,that's like saying not only will you die in pvp but we will penalize you if you don't want to see it happen.

I support the double penalty. It's to avoid people from dodging battles in a PvP zone. Lets not forget that Trappers Atoll is a PvP zone, meant for people to run around and kill each other. The players gathering there risk to reap the reward. If they're not willing to die, then simply don't go.

#19 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 June 2014 - 17:01

There ya go  :P

Like xp said, it doesn't take long to get to a boat, and Plasma Lord takes a while to kill.

I support the double penalty. It's to avoid people from dodging battles in a PvP zone. Lets not forget that Trappers Atoll is a PvP zone, meant for people to run around and kill each other. The players gathering there risk to reap the reward. If they're not willing to die, then simply don't go.

I don't think you understand the reasoning behind this thread.

It's not about avoiding fights or avoiding deaths at all,it is about removing a penalty for nothing at all. Why should someone be penalized because they aren't as wealthy as others in rl? or maybe has a bad service provider or area? That's ridiculous.."we will remove half of what you collected for hours because you dc'ed?" or better yet we will remove half your resources you gathered for hours because you are trying to help someone else in the game with their daily? 

How does that speak for the game? we don't want poorer players? we don't want you helping each other?

Look at it with a broader view then just the pvp aspect. It is a pvp zone and people should know the benefits and possible negatives or risks of going there and what will be lost on death i agree. But to punish people who are taking that risk even more so then they already are is just stupid...because the risk already is nice as is. I myself don't really have problems losing any of my stuff in pvp I don't lose items much,but I will certainly speak out for the current and future players who get ripped off because of a overlooked aspect of the game. (no attack to HCS as only soo much can be done in the time you have)

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#20 Kijjum

Kijjum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 June 2014 - 17:28

It's not about avoiding fights or avoiding deaths at all,it is about removing a penalty for nothing at all. Why should someone be penalized because they aren't as wealthy as others in rl? or maybe has a bad service provider or area?

Ok, was not aware of this point  :P I'm not sure much can be done about disconnecting in TA. There is the idea of not having a log out penalty, but that conflicts with dodging battles. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: