#101 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2015 - 14:29

^he proves my point...geared towards eoc players....how is that right? how many eoc players are ACTUAL pvp'rs? now how many stand to profit from this? bet the #'s are way different

Why should the system not favor EOC players? Its an advantage we have EARNED by playing the game a long time / worked hard to get there. With the VAST amount of leveling potions in the game (composing, global pots, donation pots, etc.) its very very easy to go up levels.

Dom, unless this new system favored you or your friends personally, you were never going to be in favor of this update. I haven't seen one positive comment about the new system as proof of that. Your trying to say there isn't even 1 good change from all these pvp changes. give me a break ...

UPDATE: Notice how i'm not going to get personal Dom, but you are. Enough said. Probably going to be wiped the next time the Devs read through the thread

Edited by Windbattle, 17 June 2015 - 14:35.

#102 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2015 - 14:31

and of course you like the bb proposal...allows people to be jerks and trash talk with little fear of reprecussions..

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

#103 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 14:32

There won't be any more 10 stam attacks as all PvP attacks will be standardized to use 50 stamina. We'll have a think on the medal points - I suspect it would be better to leave them at the current values however as they represent successful combats  :)

Why not just make the stam cost 0 like in the arena if activity is what you are after?

The thought of Legacy medals sickens me! Players have put a lot of work and time into the specific area of the game they excelled at. Now you are saying you can't come up with anything better, so too bad... Really Hoof? I think you can be more creative and absorb medals into another activity.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#104 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2015 - 14:33

ive played this game since 08...does thst mean i dont deserve new things...i do,NOT ENJOY leveling...why should i be punished for thst....

name me 1 positive point to this update for lower level players?
ive played this game since 08...does thst mean i dont deserve new things...i do,NOT ENJOY leveling...why should i be punished for thst....

name me 1 positive point to this update for lower level players?

#105 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 June 2015 - 14:34

Why not just make the stam cost 0 like in the arena if activity is what you are after?

The thought of Legacy medals sickens me! Players have put a lot of work and time into the specific area of the game they excelled at. Now you are saying you can't come up with anything better, so too bad... Really Hoof? I think you can be more creative and absorb medals into another activity.

It's only really the one medal that would need to become legacy (the Dominance once). The other two can be converted to work with the new update :)

Thanks for all the feedback so far everyone. I think once everyone gives it a try we'll get even more feedback and it's something we can continue to improve.

#106 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2015 - 14:36

your not going to be punished Dom, your just not going to be able to excel as quickly as others. but that is your choice. Your basically asking for a WIN button for lower level players, why? Also, how is that possible with a PvP system that doesn't have bands or level gaps at all? There is always going to be a slight advantage towards people that have access to more gear.

The only way you could change it would be to cap your gear level to your attacker? but that would require people to carry massive amounts of gear and be impractical, since you have no idea who your next opponent is going to be.

Again, no one is saying you can't compete in the new system, its open to all. your going to have work a little harder if you don't have access to the best gears or best composed pots. just how it is.

Edited by Windbattle, 17 June 2015 - 14:39.

#107 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2015 - 14:37

eoc players generally act like the only ones that matter or played the game....and this update seems to prove HCS agrees

#108 muush

muush

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2015 - 14:38

If you are eliminating the ladder, what will happen to the Reward Tokens and the gear that needs the reward tokens to invent?  Or what will will happen with my current tokens?

#109 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 June 2015 - 14:38

As for the idea behind the bounty board, you've almost entirely killed it in its entirety. It's great that there are random bounties, but it shouldn't matter how much gold you took. I can go swinging away (50 stam) at someone who holds 4k gold hourly for the heck of it to take their XP, but the game will "wait" until there is enough gold to bounty me? What if I only hit players who hold over 7 figures? Will I always  get bountied on my hits? That seems like it's detrimental to PVP - stealing gold, defending players, smashing someone who likes to talk too much and can't back it up, etc.

It's not set in stone how it will work - once everyone has had a chance to try out the update we can look at further tweaks and improvements to it.

#110 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2015 - 14:39

WE are being punished...by basically being told eoc and higher level players are "better pvpr's" because our stats cant touch an eoc players....how many below 500 will ve able to reach "titan league" with the better rewards?

#111 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2015 - 14:41

well I think the cows considered using bands as in the pvp ladder .. but they decided not to go that route. They must have had some logic in doing so. What say the cows?

Again Dom, I didn't make the new rules, the developers did. and you think they didn't consider what you are saying about not having level bands. 

Edited by Windbattle, 17 June 2015 - 14:44.

#112 cramble27

cramble27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 14:41

I read through the thread, but I may have missed it.

What is going to happen to the PvP Tokens we have?  Are they gone with the new changes or will they roll over? 

In regards to the changes, I really think there needs to be an opt in/ opt out option.  Otherwise, people who do wear stam gain items are just easy targets which proves nothing about PvP.

#113 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2015 - 14:42

what win button have i asked for...ive asked for fair lvl bands...if you think,its fair a lvl 2500 can attack a lvl 100 for rewards is fair maybe you should step back and look at things again

#114 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2015 - 14:43

or perhaps a chance for the defender to switch gears and buff up as well. there would have to be a time delay involved with the pvp attack, like a pvp snap shot as in pvp arena? would snap shot your stats, enhancements, and buffs you had active at the time.

#115 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 14:43

kenwyl says: do you mind help me asking in forum that whether legacy medal add duration for the buff Pride? [ Reply | Buff | Send | Trade

The Pride buff is a joke already as it doesn't accurately represent the level of achievement a player has earned!

https://forums.hunte...de/#entry912990

If Pride works as intended, as is the opinion of one manager, I think he is wrong!

Do you seriously think the game is made more challenging by screwing the players who have achieved more than a basic medal? That's what it tells players. It's an offensive slap in the face to the effort and skill showed by prestigious players with pride!

Do you really think allowing higher level medals adding a few more minutes would overpower the buff?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#116 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2015 - 14:44

wind youre the one basically asking for a win button....and how many positive replies to this vs negative...i,think ive read 2-3 people positive about this update

#117 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2015 - 14:44

When might we see an implementation of these new PVP rules and PvP Legacy? When will the medals be phased out for Legacy (Dominance and Smasher)?

#118 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 14:45

Ive been here since 2007... Ive been GvGing and PvPing 90% of my playtime, stealing millions of gold. Ive even made it to an art on 10 stam players in attempt to thiev thousands of gold coins.

Now you take that joy away from me? This is the last time I actually supported this studio. Sorry, but with such actions towards players that dont even play a certain aspect of the game. Its like handing them a 2 handed valyrians  sword  and us a butterfly net and call it fair. First you break GvG its neck, now you break PvP by disabling the lvl barrier on the ladder. Good old 2007 times again eh? When guild teamed up and paid each other to stay top on the ladder. 

if you make this life, delete the normal attack barrier so I can 100 Stam Zorg every day of the hour. Seriously, this made me more mad than when I got screwed over by bying an overpriced car from a "friend".

Edited by BigGrim, 17 June 2015 - 14:53.
Do not swear on our forums.

#119 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2015 - 14:46

wind youre the one basically asking for a win button....and how many positive replies to this vs negative...i,think ive read 2-3 people positive about this update

People are always resistant to change. People were against new players getting a few more BP slots and Epic quests when they came out, even though it really gave an advantage to everyone, but specifically more to new players.

#120 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2015 - 14:46

whyes when? i rather look forward to a few higher lvls no longer hiding from me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users