76 replies to this topic

#61 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 23:02

Sure, but people would have to pay almost double if there's a chance to fail.

Greater the risk, greater the reward.

#62 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 23:06

anybody want to post what it takes to make the new items?

#63 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 September 2015 - 23:11

Total Crap... as constructive as I can be... can you guys unbound these stupid spirit of pvp and the other crappy trophy, it seems im never gonna use em for anything good, and they are taking backpack space which I bought, im sure someone will love to buy garbage...

Grim, you said those spirits and stuff are going to be used to make Epic Chests, any info when ? I thought I was the only one but seems like others don't have enough BP slots to carry them.....

clock96.gif

#64 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 September 2015 - 23:14

Grim, you said those spirits and stuff are going to be used to make Epic Chests, any info when ? I thought I was the only one but seems like others don't have enough BP slots to carry them.....

I think that's next on the list, after completing the "Present Darkness (EPIC)" questline ;)

• 3JS likes this

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#65 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 September 2015 - 23:18

I think that's next on the list, after completing the "Present Darkness (EPIC)" questline ;)

OH..OH NO :( So its never going to happen :/

clock96.gif

#66 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 00:41

Nope, would be fun if they were lol.

I just thought HCS was making all new rewards equitable throughout the game. Guess I was wrong about them being serious with improvements to the Ladder rewards. It's pathetic how the PvP prejudice is apparent. Of course they screw the Ladder rewards with crystal set stam gear that has 50 durability while Titan gear and even the new GvG rewards are off the chart. +7 Armor is great. What's the excuse? It's a guild reward, like in Titans?

SO WHAT?? It takes only a couple players, and sometimes not even that, using LESS stam than any Ladder cycle ever. This game is really starting to SUCK!!

Edit: HCS just guaranteed that the Ladder fails. Thanks.

Edited by sweetlou, 26 September 2015 - 00:42.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#67 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 02:09

I just thought HCS was making all new rewards equitable throughout the game. Guess I was wrong about them being serious with improvements to the Ladder rewards. It's pathetic how the PvP prejudice is apparent. Of course they screw the Ladder rewards with crystal set stam gear that has 50 durability while Titan gear and even the new GvG rewards are off the chart. +7 Armor is great. What's the excuse? It's a guild reward, like in Titans?

SO WHAT?? It takes only a couple players, and sometimes not even that, using LESS stam than any Ladder cycle ever. This game is really starting to SUCK!!

Wah Wah Wah... all you have done over the last few months is whine about the ladder 1st it needed some potions and items (you got that) still wasnt enough because the rewards weren't good enough (yet you complain all over the forum about stuff being too powerful)

I am guessing you have a few 1000 tokens to spend and wanted a BIG payday, but it wasnt big enough for you so you once again come on here whining about the ladder not getting attention and being a red headed step child...

p.s. the ladder failed the second HCS decided to revert back to it, but your stuck with it now as that is what you campaigned for...

#68 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 02:20

One of the reasons I quit playing the ladder is the huge amount of stam+buffs it requires and the 1-hour time interval between attacks (which sucks if deflect works against you n times in a row - another entirely different problem I have first-hand exp with). It's just not worth it. So I agree that the ladder rewards should've been commensurate with the amount of effort put in. I seem to recall reading somewhere that the original plan was to have new epic recipes (not crystalline) from ladder rewards.

#69 macb00k

macb00k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 September 2015 - 02:56

One of the reasons I quit playing the ladder is the huge amount of stam+buffs it requires and the 1-hour time interval between attacks (which sucks if deflect works against you n times in a row - another entirely different problem I have first-hand exp with). It's just not worth it. So I agree that the ladder rewards should've been commensurate with the amount of effort put in. I seem to recall reading somewhere that the original plan was to have new epic recipes (not crystalline) from ladder rewards.

As the idea of new epic recipies on the ladder sounds better the crystalline i do believe that we have way to many epics in game... majority of these crystalline sets are hard to place around most things really (some people might have made a nice set with them, i havent bothered trying), maybe they could have brought something out to help with hunters, titan hunters, maybe some inventing gear... i hope these items really improve and we find a way to get the epic market back on track, because IMO these new epics have and will destroy the market more then what it is

yEmtZFn_zpsocfjsgxs.png

#70 macb00k

macb00k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:04

Wah Wah Wah... all you have done over the last few months is whine about the ladder 1st it needed some potions and items (you got that) still wasnt enough because the rewards weren't good enough (yet you complain all over the forum about stuff being too powerful)

I am guessing you have a few 1000 tokens to spend and wanted a BIG payday, but it wasnt big enough for you so you once again come on here whining about the ladder not getting attention and being a red headed step child...

p.s. the ladder failed the second HCS decided to revert back to it, but your stuck with it now as that is what you campaigned for...

agreed the ladder needed improvements, but the PvP seasons was not a good improvement when forcing everyone to play it... WE as a COMMUNITY wanted it to go back, why? because PvP seasons was obviously not something the game needed.... we have it as a GE now which is a great idea, something to change things up a little... but the fact that the hunters of the game couldnt do as they do and they were forced to PvP was ridiculous, there would be a massive gold sink (which would be a good and bad effect on the MP) but then where would the econemy be? little to no gold, atleast 75% of hunters quitting meaning PvPers may have to revert to hunting once in a while.... so you cant say thats what he campaigned for.. as the entire COMMUNITY got to vote

yEmtZFn_zpsocfjsgxs.png

#71 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 September 2015 - 12:40

To be honest the ladder is what it is.  The levelers did not all agree on the current ladder, but did not like how seasons rolled out either. The topic at hand is rewards and a lot of complaining is from the ladder players.  The ladder will need an overhaul to make anybody want to play.  Prizes could be off the hook and many still have no desire to play.  Gvging needs and overhaul as well and the lack of playing is due to same issue not much fun or worth wild to play.   Lets give hcs a chance to get game playing straighten out before complaining about prizes.  If prize envy is issue try the areas where the prizes are at to get said items. 

This is why I play all aspects of the game and not get stuck in one area. This is meant to be constructive not a base of flame baiting and attacking of others. Just a straight honest observation.

To hcs thank you for your efforts to make changes in game whether it is prizes or just improvement in game area updates. Keep on doing what you are doing all efforts are noticed by this humble player and I think a kudos needs to be mentioned.  :wub:  :)

#72 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 September 2015 - 12:46

Was there any point to this post other then to attack Luis? Seriously, I was just as outspoken about the Seasons thing on the forums, as were a lot of people. HCS didn't have much of a choice but to revert back to the previous ladder. Levelers and Pvp'ers alike were in agreement.

I have to agree that with the bound ladder rewards and the crystaline epics with 50 durability look like crap compared to the gvg rewards that just came out. Ladder players get the raw end of the deal all the way around. And let's be honest. GvG is seriously flawed and has been since the start. It doesn't make much sense, unless this is the next way HCS is looking to phase out the current ladder.

Compared to the new GvG epics, yes the ladder rewards look like crap, compared to season rewards they look like crap too.....But we got something at least. And I for 1 can say I like the 560 set recently added....when used properly it works well in the arena and in PvP. Does that mean all the new sets work well? no.... It works for me...the durability could be a touch higher along with stats but hey....Im still waiting to see the new potions/gear invented from season trophies....hopefully they will make it worth the time/xp/stam/fsp spent on the ladder. I know for a fact BG is getting a taste of the ladder and what it ACTUALLY takes to play....

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

#73 Bluetail

Bluetail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 September 2015 - 18:52

I find it weird HCS introduces a RP item for 2500+ when most RP farmers are under 200 now anyway. Just seems odd as there are so many gaps in gear and no need to push the envelope. Lately it would seems EoC is getting a little favouritism with seasons, larger ladder ranges and now this to name a few. Its like the games business model is to entice players to reach EoC. Thats just the vibe I get, but I hope HCS hasnt forgotten about the the player base who have no interest reaching EoC.

Insanity is when the sobbing slowly turns into laughter...

#74 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 27 September 2015 - 00:32

Again just had to remove posts here - please refrain from flaming / baiting each other.

We're aiming to continue adding more rewards to the various aspects of the game, but if you have specific suggestions of what you'd like to see we're open to discussion on it :)

#75 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 September 2015 - 20:31

I like to add a a reward only for gvging for a guild that wins x amount of defense battles or x amount of attacks.  I have the idea of adding a medal for being top ranked gvg guild for x amount of time or add reward to guild.  An example of award would be on free backpack space to guild  or perhaps some kind of help in stamina gain for guild.  The members of guild gets extra stamina or perhaps bp space bonus as long as they are in guild.  It would be a guild bonus that would be nice for all to use. 

The former comment made game geared for EOC is not correct in seasons.  Though a seasons aspect could go into gvging is not a bad idea.  To add I am not at eoc so keep in mind challenge of different level players is important to game. I would like to see an adjustment to range of level players you can hit in gvging.  This aspect of seasons was fun for me going after higher end players that I could not normally hit.  I hope this might help hcs to think about adding this concept to gvging expanding range to attack in would be cool in my book. Thanks. :D  

#76 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 22:15

Greater the risk, greater the reward.

This is a common definition describing challenge. Thus, with the awesomeness of the new GvG rewards, xp loss and bountys should be included.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#77 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 14:02

This is a common definition describing challenge. Thus, with the awesomeness of the new GvG rewards, xp loss and bountys should be included.

That could make things a little more interesting, I like it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: