• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 21:21

Another month, another Firefox release that breaks FSH, yay!

For those of you that still insist on using Firefox, you will need to install Tampermonkey and reinstall FSH (beta).

Greasemonkey have decided to break scripts with this new release. It is going to take me some time to work out what they have broken and how to get around it. I believe the changes will eventually come to Tampermonkey too but it is difficult to know if they will be enforced in the same manner. Watch this space... or not... :P

#2 stimpysam

stimpysam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 November 2017 - 21:26

Thanks for the heads up and the "fix" :)

#3 ironlegs

ironlegs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 22:24

Thanks for the fast response to this Firefox update , i installed both Violentmonkey and Tampermonkey on my Firefox 57.0 and the fshelper used the Violentmonkey and Script is running , Thanks again

#4 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:04

I've pushed out a GM4 compatible build to the beta channel. I would really appreciate it if people could test it and give me feedback. The current GM4 does not have auto-update capability so I don't want to push this build out to production until they fix that.

#5 ironlegs

ironlegs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 15:36

I have noticed a problem with the Helper on Firefox 57.0 ,that the preferences are not being saved when closing browser or logging out of game , not doing it with chrome ,settings stay and are saved after logging out and closing browser ,not sure what or where the problem might be ,Thanks again ..

#6 Thiudimir

Thiudimir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 16:32

I've pushed out a GM4 compatible build to the beta channel. I would really appreciate it if people could test it and give me feedback. The current GM4 does not have auto-update capability so I don't want to push this build out to production until they fix that.

Thanks, PH.

#7 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 17:38

Fyi Pointy, I'm getting this error at the bottom of my pages using latest tampermonkey.

[attachment=5000:Error2.jpg]

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#8 ironlegs

ironlegs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 17:52

I was getting that same error earlier but it stopped since i removed violentmonkey and tampermonkey and reinstalled just tampermonkey then the beta for fsh and all seems back to normal on Firefox 57.0  I will keep in touch with this topic and try to keep you up to date on anything i find as i push forward with this new version of FF and FShelper, thank you and please keep up the great work you are doing ..

Just noticed that the preferences are not holding over after browser reload or reloging not having a problem with Chrome setting just Firefox 57.0 and new helper/beta setup with tampermonkey and beta ,just letting you all know whats going on. Thanks

Edited by ironlegs, 15 November 2017 - 18:05.

#9 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 19:38

I have noticed a problem with the Helper on Firefox 57.0 ,that the preferences are not being saved when closing browser or logging out of game , not doing it with chrome ,settings stay and are saved after logging out and closing browser ,not sure what or where the problem might be ,Thanks again ..

OK, make sure that you are set to "remember history" in Options -> Privacy & Security

Fyi Pointy, I'm getting this error at the bottom of my pages using latest tampermonkey.

Did you remove greasemonkey? Is this on FF?

Edited by PointyHair, 15 November 2017 - 19:38.

#10 ironlegs

ironlegs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 00:45

OK, make sure that you are set to "remember history" in Options -> Privacy & Security  ... yeah that was it must have returned to default when updated . thanks looks like it is back where it belongs ..

#11 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 00:53

Did you remove greasemonkey? Is this on FF?

Fixed. Thank you.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#12 zirxa

zirxa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 17 November 2017 - 00:24

thank you for the heads up was just getting angry too

~~DARKENESS IS COMING ... RUN & HIDE OR FIGHT WITH PRIDE~~

CHARACTERS:  ZIRXA = LVL  49RANGER(back to daily's :( :angry:

life saver = LVL 9 healer

( why are there some folks that gang up on me? no need to be scared or jealous we gamers)

Check out my current auctions here!

#13 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:05

Sorry, need to bump this. People are still in the process of getting the upgrade.

#14 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 00:17

I wasn't joking

#15 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 10 December 2017 - 01:09

update concerning using FSH for mobile. 

Don't use Dolphin for this.  Although it worked amazingly well, Dolphin contains adware which takes over every app on your device, including the OS.   Everything started containing popup ads and when I ran my virus scanner it said every app on both devices ccontained the same file, which was classified as malware.  It was not cleanable and I had to do a hard factory reset of both devices to stop the myriad of ads.  I was unaware of the origin of this file until I attempted to reinstall Dolphin, which triggered my virus scanner to report that it contained adware. The adware was the same file name.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#16 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 17:37

Hey Pointy, another heads up. FSHelper is experiencing some hiccups on guild chat and BB pages. Turned off and everything is ok.

[Signature removed]

#17 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:32

what kind of hiccups?

#18 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 15:11

If you are holding off updating to FF57 because of other extensions you can still install
Tampermonkey
from about FF42 upwards I think. Switch over as soon as you can please.

Be sure to remove FSH from Greasemonkey afterwards though.
Alternatively you could just remove GreaseMonkey altogether if you no longer need it.
FSH is not compatible with GreaseMonkey from v4 onwards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: