Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 28 August 2014 - 14:29

After looking for it for weeks I can safely say there is no tea at all in Eldevin.

For a UK based game this seems like a rather huge oversight.

How on earth can a game survive without a proper cup of tea? :blink:

Therefore I suggest the Cows introduce tea to the game.

The easy (but boring) way would make the shopkeepers sell tea alongside the water and beer they are selling.

A much more interesting way would be a quest that makes you make your own cup of tea.

First you get some materials to make a cup or glass. Peter the glass maker in EC can help us with that.

Next we grow tea at a farm. Tea can be low level because everyone should have access to it.

Then we get some water (from a well) and boil it. This can be done at the cooking area or the alchemist. And now we add the tea to make a proper cup of tea. Depending on the tea we may add milk (cooking ingredient) or lemon juice (alchemy ingredient) to it.

Last but surely not least, we share the proper cup of tea with our friends. ;)

And since a cup of tea a day isn't too much to ask this quest can be a daily one. B)

The reward of making, drinking and sharing this cup of tea may be a few artisan awards and a nice group buff. Or something equally nice that the Cows think of. ;)

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#2 Charnel

Charnel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 28 August 2014 - 16:39

Not from the UK but I love this idea :D

Edited by Charnel, 28 August 2014 - 16:41.

#3 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 August 2014 - 16:41

After a day of ruling Elsavanc, this is what you come up with? Not bad....

The world is cruel...as will I....

#4 Eloom

Eloom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 17:30

Tea sounds good

milkyway-pan1.jpg

#5 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 18:15

No, it has to be iced and with plenty of sugar- Southern Style! No lemon, and certainly no cream, that is for coffee.

#6 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 28 August 2014 - 20:05

After a day of ruling Elsavanc, this is what you come up with? Not bad....

Eldevanc. the name of the Eldevin Kingdom is Eldevanc. :D

No, it has to be iced and with plenty of sugar- Southern Style! No lemon, and certainly no cream, that is for coffee.

There may be different recipes of course.

One where you add ice cubes and sugar for example.

Though we can't really use the ice tea recipe to make a play on the guilt of a UK company about forgetting to add tea to the game. The proper cup of tea is much more suited for that purpose! ;)

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49

Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#7 Bryn

Bryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 28 August 2014 - 23:50

Can't we already buy a cup in the pottery shop :)

Bryn -  Prophet - lvl 45

Ullr -   Ranger -   lvl 32

Thud - Warrior - lvl 16

Payn -  Templar - lvl 16

Jinx -  Mage -      lvl 10

__________________________________________________________________________________

Foraging - 45 | Farming - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Skinning - 34 | Fishing - 45 | Crystal - 45

Alchemy - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Tailoring - 9 | Leather - 9

#8 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 00:05

Lol, I like it but make sure it's black tea.  Early grey is nice or maybe English Breakfast tea, I like my caffeine :lol:.  I"m a coffee person but I like tea too, iced or hot is a fun choice :P

Slow but steady wins the race or something like that.

I'm just taking it slow, not sure about the steady.

*Pre-Steam release Player*

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

#9 Luke Hardy

Luke Hardy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 August 2014 - 00:07

No ice tea rubbish, a true British tea like where I live, that's the sort you want. Ask l3fty what tea he drinks and I bet he replys with Yorkshire Tea!

• Post Beta player for over 2 years - those were the days.
  • Back casually after over a year away.

Misfit - Proph/Mage - DPS PvE DNG Build

#10 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:00

Can't we already buy a cup in the pottery shop :)

True, but they aren't suited to drink fine tea from.  ;)  Low grade ale at best... :unsure:

Prophet    
Warrior  

#11 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 November 2014 - 15:14

Considering after 3 months time l3fty still remembers this suggestion and likes it I though I'd give it a little bump.

After all, it isn't too much to ask to move this idea above Guilds on the priority list, right? :D

It's tea, people! B)

Prophet    
Warrior  

#12 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 November 2014 - 18:51

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#13 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 26 November 2014 - 19:24

Please make it take a few minute to do all this, so that I can enjoy it with my daily cup of tea in the morning ^_^

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#14 ZeusIV

ZeusIV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 19:54

will there be a teapot skill?

will there have to be a knitting skill to make the tea cosey 

please please pleas none of those girly teas like camomile and nidaberry or apple and blueberry

camellia sinensis only :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: