21 replies to this topic

#1 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 16:06

Is it just me or is the two minute potion cool down in dungeons a bit harsh?  Live or cast spells, live or cast spells?  Uuugh, two minutes is so long.  I feel that there needs to be separate cool downs on mana or health pots or just nerf them to something a bit more reasonable.  

List of things that can be done in under two minutes:

brush your teeth

ride an elevator in empire state building

announce the winning lottery numbers

drink a 16 oz coke

engage in conversation with a stranger on a subway

text three friends 

read a couple of stories on Daily Mail

water a plant

empty a trash can

shake out a welcome mat

drive for one mile to 7-11 for a slurpee

actually get a slurpee, but not drink it completely cause that would lead to brain freeze.

sadly, use a potion twice does not fall on this list.

:)

brain-freeze-you-ever-get-that-o.gif

*edit:  start reading one of Guthix's huge forum posts but decide even two minutes isn't even enough time so you move along to something else.  

Edited by ChelseaBrick, 01 September 2014 - 16:11.

8TLwd.jpg

#2 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 16:38

oooh I have an idea...make the crafted health,mana or stam pots have a shorter cool down than the purchased or looted ones, once again raising their value.  :D

8TLwd.jpg

#3 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 01 September 2014 - 20:44

How about a different food that shortens the pot cd by 30s in dungeons.

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#4 Unlucker

Unlucker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 September 2014 - 21:17

I agree, 2 minute cooldown is not a big deal for mages/prophets, but for other classes who can't heal and are in the middle of action (especially melee ones) its a bit too long.

#5 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 September 2014 - 21:56

Most certainly,assassins and wars/warsins drop mana too quickly and spend half the fights on no mana.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#6 Bryn

Bryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:52

You know, each tree has talents to rebuild mana...

Bryn -  Prophet - lvl 45

Ullr -   Ranger -   lvl 32

Thud - Warrior - lvl 16

Payn -  Templar - lvl 16

Jinx -  Mage -      lvl 10

__________________________________________________________________________________

Foraging - 45 | Farming - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Skinning - 34 | Fishing - 45 | Crystal - 45

Alchemy - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Tailoring - 9 | Leather - 9

#7 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:11

if you're playing your class correctly,you wont be rebuilding mana up fast enough as a warrior,warsin or assassin.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#8 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:26

I"ve posted in suggestions before about the cd of potions so totally on board with shorter cd, not just for dungeon reasons but just in general.  also in other games, not that I have played a lot but the ones I have we could consume mana and health pots at same time and while we do have pots that use both it still would be nice if we didn't have to choose while we may have to hit the pots fast if we consume a mana pot or health pot only to not be able to consume the other one.  

Slow but steady wins the race or something like that.

I'm just taking it slow, not sure about the steady.

*Pre-Steam release Player*

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

#9 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:40

Cool down on hp / mp seprated cool down be nice or stamina spreated cool down very help nice.

Hp / mp spraed cool down Crafted/shop

Stamina spreated cool down

3 typ's of potion's have there own cool down's

This set up might help some, make hp/mp/stamina potion more used very have heal slave how most DGN run thought work out healer mostly salve keep people alive to to fact most dps lack off healing.

Edited by redsmokeboy, 02 September 2014 - 05:42.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#10 Simeonus

Simeonus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Poland

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:38

if you're playing your class correctly,you wont be rebuilding mana up fast enough as a warrior,warsin or assassin.

Nope.

Marauder + Snowfall + Stamina Potion and as WarSin I have mana all the time :D

But it's painful if I use health pot to save myself and then can't use stam/mana ;c

#11 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 September 2014 - 19:40

Nope.

Marauder + Snowfall + Stamina Potion and as WarSin I have mana all the time :D

But it's painful if I use health pot to save myself and then can't use stam/mana ;c

if you're playing warsin correctly I said...you wont have mana I cycle through my mana and an entire mana pot of mana in under 20 seconds then have to sit there for a prophet to snowfall if they ever do while using basics to make marauder happen and always not enough mana as you are attacking with everything else besides basics so marauder effect= null.

where as prophet,tanks and mages....can keep full mana forever lol..
warsins,assassins,wars cant keep mana up like that to go through their rotations they will spend an entire minute and a half with no mana.

which also brings me to my next point....why are tourmalines still in the game or aquas for that matter...even with pure or flawless aqua you see basically no difference same with tourmaline(which in the case of having a spare socket a almandine will bring back more anyways)

Edited by HuMoR, 02 September 2014 - 19:42.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#12 huhbum

huhbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:44

I like the potion cooldowns being as punishing as they are, as they limit the amount of reckless play in dungeons that can be survived just on potions alone(players can still be reckless! but they have to find more creative ways to stay alive).

I also like potion cooldowns for limiting the sheer amount of sustained DPS that can be put out by some classes; players must choose their skill rotations and talent builds more carefully for either burst or sustained DPS, or face the risk of running out of mana.

I would be okay with lowering potion cooldowns on the lower level instances to aid new players and/or players without experienced healers/tanks(Ohdar Scar and below).

Edited by huhbum, 03 September 2014 - 01:46.

#13 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:51

I like the potion cooldowns being as punishing as they are, as they limit the amount of reckless play in dungeons that can be survived just on potions alone(players can still be reckless! but they have to find more creative ways to stay alive).

I also like potion cooldowns for limiting the sheer amount of sustained DPS that can be put out by some classes; players must choose their skill rotations and talent builds more carefully for either burst or sustained DPS, or face the risk of running out of mana.

I would be okay with lowering potion cooldowns on the lower level instances to aid new players and/or players without experienced healers/tanks(Ohdar Scar and below).

Erm I would agree with you if dungeons were based off talent and not speed :D but as for the fact of all dungeons in the game being a time test for HCS and requiring speed dps lashing out...you cant be basing your build off of mana gains or else you wont get invited...so basically choose dps and lose all mana and afk for 1 and a half minutes every 2 minutes or stay there and do no dps keeping all mana and get no invites to any dungeon X D

Sorry huhbum can't agree with you on this one,as templar running dungeons you haven't fully experienced the runs as any other class these days is my guess,it may be a problem created by the community and not by HCS but it is one aided by them and enforced by the community still making it a giant problem that forces you into choosing only one possibility...dps or solo the dungeon because you wont be getting an invite from anyone else.

sleep time,will check his in the morning.

Edited by HuMoR, 03 September 2014 - 01:56.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#14 huhbum

huhbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:53

I respecced to DPS weeks ago, Guthix! I've run all the dungeons as DPS that I've been interested in running in.

I'd respond with a longer post, and I had one written, but I think it is better simply to agree to disagree in this case.

Suffice to say, the point of debate is that: reducing potion cooldowns in dungeons will make players somewhat more survivable, and make DPS builds that are highly mana-dependant do more overall DPS over time.

As players, we can decide for ourselves whether that is a good or bad thing for gameplay.

I believe that it is a bad thing for gameplay, but that is the opinion of just this one player.

Decide for yourselves what you believe!

#15 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:54

I agree with bum. Learn rotations that don't deplete your mana pool. In 95% of boss fights i can survive just fine using my rotations all the time and using 1 pot in the middle.

we used to (in the beta) have no extra pot cd in dungeons and it made them a joke.

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#16 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:36

ok i just suck.   on my ranger, i use all my mana when i dps like a beast. on my assassin, I do the same.  I guess i'm just a reckless dps and kinda useless then.  thanks for the input.

so then, increase the pot cool down outside of dungeons to two minutes.  Then maybe you'll understand.

I ran two nights of dungeons.  Once my mana is gone, I'm stuck to basic attack for two minutes.  I can't even res the dead. Did I seem to be hitting all willy nilly? I believe I was playing my class really well. I have a well thought out rotation.  I don't just spam click buttons recklessly. If you disagreed, maybe you should have messaged me last night.  

why do some people never run out of mana?  maybe it's because their rotations suck and they're not getting the most out of their dps.  

Edited by ChelseaBrick, 03 September 2014 - 11:47.

8TLwd.jpg

#17 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:44

I agree with bum. Learn rotations that don't deplete your mana pool. In 95% of boss fights i can survive just fine using my rotations all the time and using 1 pot in the middle.

we used to (in the beta) have no extra pot cd in dungeons and it made them a joke.

the only way to do that is by losing half your dps by using mostly basics :D i've tested over a hundred builds mana,speed,dps,survivability and such so I can say with 100% certainty that that is the only way to keep your mana up based off your own build and no assistant from others is by losing mass dps to cycle through basics for mana or losing out on even more dps specing out of dps aids for mana regains (which is pointless,almost as much as aquamarines). = not the right way to play the game. Also when 50 content comes out this will further be a problem for a player focusing on keeping their mana up instead of dpsing in fact it will be an even bigger problem.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#18 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 September 2014 - 15:26

Only speaking for ranger.  I have two rotations, both designed so my mana lasts about two minutes.  If the prophet is casting a lot of snowfalls, then I switch to my higher DPS rotation.  If not, I use my more conservative rotation.  Either way I pop a stamina (better then mana, as I can use over the 15seconds and not lose the extra mana) every two minutes.

So yes, without Snowfall my DPS is hurt.  It also leaves me with no emergency heal.  The first I can accept as mana management.  But I really like the suggestions above for a separate CD so I could still heal myself in an emergency.

Edited by Irradiated, 03 September 2014 - 15:27.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#19 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 September 2014 - 18:29

Only speaking for ranger.  I have two rotations, both designed so my mana lasts about two minutes.  If the prophet is casting a lot of snowfalls, then I switch to my higher DPS rotation.  If not, I use my more conservative rotation.  Either way I pop a stamina (better then mana, as I can use over the 15seconds and not lose the extra mana) every two minutes.

So yes, without Snowfall my DPS is hurt.  It also leaves me with no emergency heal.  The first I can accept as mana management.  But I really like the suggestions above for a separate CD so I could still heal myself in an emergency.

Also going off of the above posts that is basically saying allow for 3 classes to not require mana pots or stams and be able to be 100% effective while keeping 100% mana but then force rangers,sins and warsins to depend on manas and stams and leave themselves open to die due to emergency heals. It shouldn't be like that at all....as this game forces glass cannon classes for dungeons and then on top of that forces them to be afk for partial of the dungeons to get mana back.

also if you feel it can all be solo dependent like stated above then lets nerf the pot cds outside of dungeons to 2 minutes as well,and further kill farming of mobs because...builds can maintain that.>_>

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#20 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 17:57

Guthix, you said yourself that mage is useless, have you changed your mind or is the mage useless, even if it can be 100% effective? 

If I remember right, HCS increased the mana for abilities to force people put points in energy... This is the result.

There is a lack of tanks and healers and people say mage is UP, this is at least a way to balance that.

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: