37 replies to this topic

#1 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 07:23

like title says.  looks like with a small population once we reach 34/35 lvl it's hard to find group for this dungeon.  I'm 35 atm and I never see people going.  I've never been there but wondering if it's possible to have a story mode so that maybe we can try to get our sets.  just a thought.  thanks :)

Slow but steady wins the race or something like that.

I'm just taking it slow, not sure about the steady.

*Pre-Steam release Player*

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

#2 Unlucker

Unlucker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:32

Yes please, we need to3 and TR solo :) BT/RG/ASV should stay group dungeons though, imo.

#3 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 21 September 2014 - 09:55

come around at some point as far as what has been stated plan make story mode for all normal DGN's at some point alot work geting game ready for steam lunch.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#4 Wiivja

Wiivja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 September 2014 - 13:37

please no more solo dungeons. takes like 5 min get a group for any of those

#5 Justme

Justme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 September 2014 - 13:50

Please listen to the new members IF you want to keep the new members playing, we all know what had  happened  when you listen to the usual forum people. Steam will not save the game if you keep doing that. The numbers do not lie.

#6 Simeonus

Simeonus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Poland

Posted 21 September 2014 - 15:26

And what about SV story ;p

#7 ultramus

ultramus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 15:56

Should have story mode for all dungeons excluding ascended. There simply aren't enough players to make a group quickly and this discourages people from playing.

#8 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 17:56

I think level 30-35 is the levels with least players, but I don't know if they should make a solo version of the dungeon, but that's just because I don't like solo dungeons in general. No arguing about why I don't like solo dungeons please.

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

#9 Wickedry

Wickedry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 18:22

All dungeons should have a story mode IMO, when I want to run a dungeon, I want to run a dungeon, not track down a group to "maybe" run it a half hour or more later.

I don't see why anyone would have a problem with it honestly, scaled difficulty for scaled rewards seems just fine to me.

I'd personally even like to see some mid-range difficulty settings, like a 1-5 rating, where enemies and loot are set for that number of players but a group of w/e size can challenge it, or no group at all.

#10 Wiivja

Wiivja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 September 2014 - 18:36

Solo dungeons bring way too much gold into game, i tried solo gc got alot of gold for 3 mins. The ep price will go high, not a problem for me as i buy ep whenever i need it. But not all players buy ep. my friend got to level 30 in 3 days and about 700g i think he said. running solo dungeons all the way. 

#11 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 September 2014 - 18:48

yes i agree you get to much xp from solo dungeons.

#12 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 04:07

please no more solo dungeons. takes like 5 min get a group for any of those

actually doesn't for to3, there just isn't enough players and since players play at various times it's often not a dungeon you can find ppl for.  since story modes at least let us work on getting relics it would help those of us 34+ that would like to work on our sets and for a 35 set it takes a ton of relics.  boots don't drop for story mode so we would have to do a lot of runs but this still is better then no runs at all.  

there  just isn't enough players going to to3 for the kind of runs we need to obtain set.   I don't know about weapon for that level but just being able to run it solo if we have too so we can work towards our set would be great.   

also for that dungeon having had the chance to see it other night ( thanks to  you know who you are :) due to a friend asking if I wanted to go we could kill first boss and mobs however even with a 45 lvl player just two of us it's not possible to kill the other bosses and from what I understand we definitly would need a tank and there just isn't enough players to get full groups on a regular basis including tank to do the kind of runs we need to get our sets. 

Slow but steady wins the race or something like that.

I'm just taking it slow, not sure about the steady.

*Pre-Steam release Player*

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

#13 huhbum

huhbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 05:46

I love the solo dungeons and would love to see more of them, but as others have mentioned, I am concerned with how much gold/exp can be gained from repeating Story Mode dungeons over and over.

There needs to be a fine balance struck between having an enjoyable, solo-mode alternative, and being too lucrative to pass up.

(Alternatively, overworld grinding rewards can be boosted to compensate).

#14 Xian

Xian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:16

The problem with high level dungeon story mode is that it devalues an already unrewarding and punishing class: the PVE tank.  It invokes a negative feedback loop where everyone would rather do story mode so less groups forming which means more people doing story mode instead.  This means more tanks quitting/speccing out to class better suited for solo grinding in story mode.  This also means fewer and fewer new tanks in game.  As I have asked some of the best tanks around (Saxon and Narciss comes to mind) why they became tank, they said that it was because of the lack of tanks around to get their sets.  Now there is no need, just solo grind all day and buy the rems.  Next thing we know we have 99% of the population as DPS.  

#15 Unlucker

Unlucker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:31

Valid point there Xian, it wouldn't be much of a problem if lvl 45s would be willing to run more to3s. But it's such an unpopular dungeon, too hard for lvl 35 tanks and healers. 3 out of 4 bosses are AoE, while healers can't use AoE heals like benediction (lvl 40 spell) nor snowfall (lvl 45) yet. And way to unrewarding for lvl 45 players.

Another thing is lvl 35 set sucks, lot of 35s just skip it to do TR, which is by far easier dungeon.

HCS should make story mode of to3 or totally rebalance it.

#16 Samurai

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:40

Honestly, The lack of high level solo dungeons forces players to either slow combat leveling to a halt to just find groups and gather or sit around, or try to burn through the levels without obtaining a set. After GC/SV, the next two dungeons are pretty hard to find a group for unless you are playing an alt with level 45 friends.

Like others have said here before, this will cause newer and fledgling players to become bored. Why do you thik there's not too many new 45s? There's some, but the level 5-25s always start dwindling off after level 30. Let's fix this and revive the game for everyone.

And if people don't like the gold influx from solo dungeons, make less loot for story mode. As long as people are getting relics, then I don't see a problem if loot is further reduced.

#17 Wickedry

Wickedry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 13:01

Gold really isn't all that hard to obtain outside of dungeons, just a more steady gain fighting inside a dungeon rather than outside thanks to chests.

Also, as loot does change between group mode and story mode a bit, it will always be beneficial to run group dungeons when groups are available, meaning tanks will still hold value, also with so many character slots available to one account, nobody has any excuse to not eventually make a tank type character besides just not enjoying that play style.

I find it kind of sad that the main opposition towards story mode comes from people who already have their gear sets, are you so afraid of newer players catching up?

#18 Anakiro

Anakiro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 September 2014 - 13:09

I can certainly put To3 towards the top of my to-do list if that's what people would like to see next. :)

#19 Wickedry

Wickedry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 13:13

It's good to see story modes continuing, so thanks for that. :)

I hope to eventually see story mode dungeons for everything with the possible exception of ascended, though I'd personally like to see it for those as well.

I see no reason not to, with rewards being scaled between story and group.

#20 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 September 2014 - 14:38

what you could do to stop people farming it for gold gain is tag items that drop in to3 solo ( and all other solo dungeons) so they sell for less at vendors, like the idea we had when people was passing items to supporters to sell so they got more gold for items. not sure that idea got used or not?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: