FSP cost to create guild

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Poll: Should guilds cost FSP to make? (53 member(s) have cast votes)

Should guilds cost FSP to make?

1. Yes, 1-10 FSP (25 votes [30.49%])

Percentage of vote: 30.49%

2. Yes, 10+ FSP (28 votes [34.15%])

Percentage of vote: 34.15%

3. No, guilds should stay free so everyone and their mothers can make one (29 votes [35.37%])

Percentage of vote: 35.37%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 fs_tyrath

fs_tyrath
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2007 - 23:30

Make it cost like 10 FSP to create guilds or something.

That way, all the hundreds of people who can't afford to run guilds will stop attempting to and not beg others in the name of "running their guild."

#2 fs_krypkill

fs_krypkill
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2007 - 23:35

Lol, you must be getting a good few begging pms huh? That's what you get for waving your 3000fsp about in front of everyone :lol:

You said it yourself, 100fsp is way too much.

I started my guild when I was level 3 and utterly penniless FSP-wise.

I think it would have been a shame if I decided against it on the basis of the cost, as I definitely would have stopped playing a while ago without the entertainment of trying to build up a guild.

Maybe a small fee, or just a contract stating 'In accepting the position of guild founder, I renounce all begging on pain of bannage'.

#3 fs_tyrath

fs_tyrath
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2007 - 23:38

I don't really mind the begging too much. Some of them make me laugh.

But its pathetic to see "guild leaders" begging for FSP to keep their guild running. Would you stay in a guild where the leader had to beg others for FSP? I sure as hell wouldn't.

I just think a lot of people make their own thinking it will be an easy thing. They don't realize how much it actually costs to keep one running, especially if you don't have a lot of members. I think there should be a little fee, just so they know whats coming..

#4 fs_thelastdj

fs_thelastdj
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2007 - 23:46

I think it's funny when I see guilds like that. Even funnier is people who join those guilds... >_>

#5 fs_tyrath

fs_tyrath
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2007 - 15:36

I still like this idea. :lol:

#6 fs_faebie

fs_faebie
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2007 - 16:17

I still like this idea. :lol:

me too... make a poll?

even 1 fsp will be something for newbs to work for and lvl a bit while considering the benefits of joining a guild -vs- creating one.

#7 fs_tyrath

fs_tyrath
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2007 - 16:19

Fine, turned it into a poll ;P

#8 Devries

Devries

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 17:43

1 fsp to create it and then a sort of daily maintenance cost to keep it going say 100 gold per member for example.

If you can't pay the maintenance cost of just the guild alone then it get demolished, this is in the event that some newbie create a guild by paying the 1 fsp cost but doesn't deposit any gold into it.

You see enough of them around creating a guild to take advantage of the guild slots for storage alone.

DeVries

#9 fs_fighterdan

fs_fighterdan
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2007 - 21:01

Whoops, I voted wrong. All well. lol Great idea, Ty.

#10 fs_valenza

fs_valenza
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2007 - 15:44

Great idea! So now, peopel shoudl think two times before start a guild for only start a guild or wait to be higher leevl andhaev something to bring to a new guild.

Two many time founder ounder lvl 20 asked me about given them gold and fsp for they be able to run/improve their guild. WTF? I haev my own guild to run and how fair it woudl be for the people who trusth me by joining my guid to see me give golds/fsp to other founder for they can improve their guild like other did?

It's not because our guild is bigger than before that we not worked hard on gain the fsp (and golds) to invest in it and improved it.

If they can maintain a guild (upgrade or maintenance of current building), its should be a reason for that and maybe they not ready to own a guild!

#11 fs_sos96340

fs_sos96340
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2007 - 16:58

YES!! there're enough inactive guilds..

#12 fs_valenza

fs_valenza
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2007 - 17:55

For the 1 fsp cost, not sure. I mean, it is easy to get 3 fsp from a friend referral when we begin the game, so easy to invest only 1 fsp to a guild and waste it after see the cost of everythign else. Maybe explain cleary the invest of fsp-gold it cost to keep a guild alive, this is not only have a title.

#13 fs_onemember

fs_onemember
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2007 - 11:49

Great idea :)

#14 fs_faebie

fs_faebie
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2007 - 15:01

If HCS doesn't see the popularity, need, usefulness and the profitability of implementing an fsp guild creation fee... then i don't know what else to say...

#15 fs_deemer

fs_deemer
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2007 - 17:24

great idea. Its really annoying to see fools that think they can run a guild but are too poor too keep on begging you for FSPs and gold tp upgrade their guild or keep it running. I dont believe that garbage i think they are just trying to get it for themselves and could care less about their guild

#16 fs_patriotsp

fs_patriotsp
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2007 - 20:48

i agree there is way to much guilds that lvl 1-10s make and they are inactive.. having a price will limit the number of bad guilds and increase success in currently running guilds

#17 fs_ravana

fs_ravana
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2007 - 23:09

That way, all the hundreds of people who can't afford to run guilds will stop attempting to and not beg others in the name of "running their guild."

No, they'll be begging for the FSP in order to create the guild in the first place... and then beg for resources to keep them running.

I don't see this being a solution. I'd like to see a solution... though, honestly, there's nothing that will stop some people from begging, regardless. A better idea might be to put a minimum level on being able to form a guild—L10, say; that will at least slow things down and stop a lot of the guilds from forming. (The level can't be higher than L12, though... that's when group attacks start becoming a necessity.)

Perhaps we ought to just create a generalized policy among the established guilds that we automatically declare war on any guild that comes begging for resources? That might prove more effective....

#18 fs_faebie

fs_faebie
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2007 - 23:35

No, they'll be begging for the FSP in order to create the guild in the first place... and then beg for resources to keep them running.

yeah but really, how long will that last? the thing with these begging types, is that often enough it pays off, someone throws them a bone, and they keep doing it. nobody is gonna throw a newb an fsp (or ten) to create a guild, so the begging will peter out.

I don't see this being a solution. I'd like to see a solution... though, honestly, there's nothing that will stop some people from begging, regardless. A better idea might be to put a minimum level on being able to form a guild—L10, say; that will at least slow things down and stop a lot of the guilds from forming. (The level can't be higher than L12, though... that's when group attacks start becoming a necessity.)

i really would prefer to see a cost implemented as deterrent for these guys. a not-too prohibitive price would make people "think" before they "do": they will ask around about it, they will get answers and invitations and they will learn a bit about guild life before deciding. there are so many dead guilds!

Perhaps we ought to just create a generalized policy among the established guilds that we automatically declare war on any guild that comes begging for resources? That might prove more effective....

hehe you are eviler than i am. :twisted:

#19 fs_ravana

fs_ravana
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2007 - 01:08

hehe you are eviler than i am. :twisted:

Thank you. :lol:

#20 fs_mashiba

fs_mashiba
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2007 - 02:31

If you put a create cost on guilds, on top of getting begged to run the guild, we'll get begged to create a guild :roll:.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: