Photo

It's about time to balance out those overpowered pots in PvP.

• Please log in to reply
306 replies to this topic

#261 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 14:16

I do not use composing potions to hunt, they are not needed for that.   I  use what I can buy in the AH and the bazaar and have been in the game for a long time.

It is not me who is chasing the win button it is all of you that will not give up what you hate, and love to gripe about.  This will not give you what you want, the past is gone and will not come back.  You won't bring it back either.

I still see people on the BB so people are PvPing. I no longer look at the ladder, it holds no interest for me. But the golden days of PvP are gone and FS no longer has the player base to support it any more.

You really should learn to work with what the game has given you to play with instead of trying to shove everything into a wayback machine and travel back in time.

The fact that you are still beating this tells me you do  not want to find any way to make it work. You want to nerf it for every other player in the game that does not have the problems you say you have.

I'm disappointed in your lack of creativity or effort.  You say you have tried, but all I see is the words here and other threads saying you have.

I remember all the things that have been rolled out to give you what you want and was reversed so fast it made my head spin.  I think this will be another happening like all the others.  It will not give you what you want.

Edited by Pythia, 17 April 2017 - 14:20.

#262 Chooma123

Chooma123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 15:26

Why so Negative??? I will always give the benefit of a Doubt.... I think The Cows deserve a Chance....   

nothing will change in regard to pvp and buffs/composing

prove me wrong cows, i hope you do :)

#263 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 17:46

The only reason why I have to stay up for defending is the over powered pots. I don't care if they are there or not......Owned people and torched their homes before them, and steadily into the current day with them. So you make the changes, and I'll keep everyone crying ;-).

Edited by BigGrim, 18 April 2017 - 10:09.
No swearing please.

#264 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 18:12

Anyone else's win button just say "attack" on it?

#265 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:10

Even though they are available at SA, I have never used a composed pot for PvP. Even for GvG, I don't use them. Yes, I have encountered them when somebody is on the board, or defending a GvG, but I still have a brain, and just like a little creativity and research can beat most any set, the same is true of the buffs.... Now I'm just a middle grounder here, idk how it is up at EOC, but I've dusted it up many times, and only my own stupidity or the 2% rule ever caused me to lose a battle I should have won. My buffs or those of my pigeon had nothing to do with it...

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#266 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 19 April 2017 - 00:49

Why is there a Dispel Curse 500 in the Easter Eggs?

0.2% chance per point that Dark Curse will not work against you. (PvP Only)

0.2 x 500 = 100% chance. So Dark Curse becomes worthless. Nobody ever thought of what this would do balance wise in PvP? Or is this actually intended?

#267 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 20:25

0.2% chance per point that Dark Curse will not work against you. (PvP Only)
0.2 x 500 = 100% chance. So Dark Curse becomes worthless. Nobody ever thought of what this would do balance wise in PvP? Or is this actually intended?

Yeah the new global super elite potion kinda takes the wind from the sails on complaining about overpowered composing pots. Is that why you did it Devs?? Is there any thought or consideration for the effect that these potions will have in game, or is it a constant " let's just one up what already exists " going on?

#268 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 20:29

All we need now is a fist fight potion that is guaranteed to activate 100% of the time - how's that for balance ;-)

#269 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 20:38

lol  That would bring it down to the 2% rule and who it hit first?

#270 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 April 2017 - 21:28

As far as I remember that's not new, but it's something we can look at when we review the skills.

#271 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:22

Just to remind everyone that there is a BALANCER in the game already.

It's called TIME.

Eventually, those potions / buffs will expire.

I have been playing FS actively for 8+ years.

I have never seen a player/target who is unbeatable.

Even hoofmaster got defeated when SH and CoA were not in the game.

#272 LadyJ

LadyJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:00

Just to remind everyone that there is a BALANCER in the game already.

It's called TIME.

Eventually, those potions / buffs will expire.

I have been playing FS actively for 8+ years.

I have never seen a player/target who is unbeatable.

Even hoofmaster got defeated when SH and CoA were not in the game.

I dont think you understand why so many people disagree with this, the time is way too long, each pot can last 10 hours, which means, in for example a gvg (which, believe it or not, some guilds STILL take VERY seriously, and a single loss can cost a LOT of rating) youve only got 24 hours to hit back, and how would you expect to hit back with over 70% of your attack reduced and a 100% chance of dark curse not activating for almost half the time? And don't tell me its only for a few conflicts, because 2 losses in a conflict, which is the amount of times a guild can defend a hit and keep themselves buffed with those chests the whole time before they expire, can cost a guild with a good rating 80+ rating, and by getting 10 rating every 20 conflicts once you reach a certain rating above other guilds it creates a mountain to climb

Edited by LadyJ, 20 April 2017 - 09:12.

#273 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:37

Ladyj, to answer your scenario about gvg, if I really seriously want to win and I don't have the potions, I would use SB and SL to attack the targets until their powerful buffs are gone.

Think of it another way, if the guild is willing to use those powerful and expensive buffs, then they deserve the victory by trying to make it difficult for defenders to hit back.

My mentality is different when it comes to competing.  If my attacker/target is strong, I don't ask them to be weaker.  I would find ways to be stronger or find their weaknesses.

#274 LadyJ

LadyJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:52

Thats the thing, I've taken part in GVGs where the guild Im hitting back on is doing everything in their power to defend, and I can assure you I do the exact same thing, the highest KE available in the game is 525, which is 604 with a zBrew, which I have used, put together with other buffs that are the highest possible level in the game I managed 85-90k attack, using the most attack focused setup Ive got, with a level 719 Flinch I'd be up against id have 90k attack deducted to 25.29k, now theres the Dispel Curse, which has a 100% activation rate, which means Dark Curse is useless, ive managed more than 25.29k defence with just 175 buffs on my current setup, so just one of this Easter pot and a zBrew and simple 175s on my target by other members of the guild im attacking on would be enough to force AT LEAST an unresolved, which, in GVG, counts as a loss, which means conflict over, because if its a good guild im up against that hit when I was asleep and couldn't defend then they will probably have a 100% win rate on me. And I cant possibly be stronger than my target, as, like I mentioned earlier, theres a maximum level of buffs to counter that Flinch and Dispel Curse that im up against, and I can't possibly attack targets in normal pvp hits till SB or SL kick in, as the range for gvg is +/- 100 levels and the range for pvp is +/- 10 levels, and if I try doing that in GVG the risk of an unresolved/loss is almost guaranteed

#275 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:59

It's been there for three years. Nothing has changed.

#276 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:03

I think LJs point is that there is no ability to compete with such buffs on the field, but also see your point in time being the balance b2L. The mountain she speaks of is unreal; lose 1, and it takes 50 wins to recover what you lost, this problem is not from the player but the devs fault. I've asked for years for them to do regular resets so that those currently active in the venue of GvG are rewarded by seeing progress from their efforts. As it stands, if you are new guild trying to break into top 10 of GvG, you need to surpass dozens who you are not able to compete with due to game mechanics along the way. Reset would reward the active, and make it less discouraging for new blood to give it a go. To the original point Jenks made, a guild like mine could waste a one thousand fsp effort from hers with the drop of one potion in a hypothetical situation, and that can really deflate an effort to enjoy the competition.

Edited by Ryebred, 20 April 2017 - 11:06.

#277 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:09

Ryebred, are you drunk or copy/paste is not your specialty lol

#278 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:10

seriously all this over a buff that yes is high but extremely limited on its availability i have this buff but  hell no would i waste it on that buff just so some attacker finds his dc gone as the years pass ppl find more and more to whine over we are all guilty of it but come on can you really see a gvg guild cracking open a 100 eggs to protect all ts members from attacks most gvgers go for offline targets

Edited by hades8840, 20 April 2017 - 11:10.

#279 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:11

I don't drink, but I had hit send several times before it took....Or so I thought. Had to go back and erase the multiple copies. I should be more patient, as it has happened to me several times before :-)

#280 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:17

seriously all this over a buff that yes is high but extremely limited on its availability i have this buff but hell no would i waste it on that buff just so some attacker finds his dc gone as the years pass ppl find more and more to whine over we are all guilty of it but come on can you really see a gvg guild cracking open a 100 eggs to protect all ts members from attacks most gvgers go for offline targets

Yes, but life goes on. Not whining here, just working through the responses.

It's very easy to say such about something you have no vested interest in. On a hypothetical parallel that may get you going; let's say they made an inventing potion that guaranteed success of duplicating one of your prized tier five hammers ten times over in one shot, thus watering down the market, and crapping all over your investments. But I just told you, ahh, stop your crying, there will be plenty more inventables in the coming years, and fsp...They come, they go, time heals all. I know that is an extreme comparison, but not far from where this limited potion strikes the heart of the GvG community

Edited by Ryebred, 20 April 2017 - 11:27.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: