Photo

New player questions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Trunks96

Trunks96

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 23:19

I only started playing today and I have some questions

1. I saw on the Hunted Cow website there aren't many players. Why is that? Were the more players before and a lot of people quit for some reason? I really want to give this game a chance but it's kind of annoying that there aren't many people. Is it possible that the game will get more popular? It's kind of sad because the game seems a lot like runeacape that's why I'm interested and it looks like it has potential but I want to see more people around

I know the graphics are probably hard for some people to get past but it feels and looks a lot like runescape and so I would think a lot of ex RS players wouldn't mind and would give it a chance

2. How does the small population effect the game? Is the economy ok? Pvp?

3. Is there an auction house type of thing anywhere?

4. I know you can reset stats whenever you want and try out another class but right now I want to be a warrior. I'm lvl 5 arm and what I'm doing with the 6 attribute points is 2 melee, 2 vitality, 1 energy, 1 focus. That sound ok? I saw in the class guide that ruin and bane are good abilities. I have no idea about talents yet though

Is it possible to build a hybrid? Or is it better to just focus on one class and then when I you get bored reset and put all your points into something else?

Thanks

#2 SagaTeller

SagaTeller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 13:31

1. I saw on the Hunted Cow website there aren't many players. Why is that? Were the more players before and a lot of people quit for some reason? I really want to give this game a chance but it's kind of annoying that there aren't many people. Is it possible that the game will get more popular? It's kind of sad because the game seems a lot like runeacape that's why I'm interested and it looks like it has potential but I want to see more people around

Game developers have abandoned Eldevin, and people got mad that you spend money on game you love, just to see other games to get updates. They have announced that game is no longer supported. There was 1 day offline time like a week ago because developers just didnt cba to actually fix it ASAP.

Also tiny team of indie game company should listen at community. None of the even the tiniest things are taken as noticed.

So yeah, if you want to start a game, take it as a fact that your money wont go for the eldevin except keeping the servers up (for less than 100 players, u can get good server for 30$, after that everything goes for something else.)

PS. Support tickets will get around 8weekish to get viewed. Welcome to eldevin.

Only one of the 2 servers will be active at a time. Lower lvl areas are dead. Economy has been stuck at same prices for like 2 years after the infernal update.

There is no actual PvP. Only old people justifying their ragging actions as 'you should understand that this is part of the game'.

So yeah get used to same prices for the entire time u gonna be playing, and PvP is not rewarding, better off doing something else.

We have been asking for this for years, but as I mentioned above, HC does not give any kind of support to Eldevin anymore, so nope. We often spam global chat (we know it is super annoying but we still do it) to sell our stuff.

4. I know you can reset stats whenever you want and try out another class but right now I want to be a warrior. I'm lvl 5 arm and what I'm doing with the 6 attribute points is 2 melee, 2 vitality, 1 energy, 1 focus. That sound ok? I saw in the class guide that ruin and bane are good abilities. I have no idea about talents yet though

Is it possible to build a hybrid? Or is it better to just focus on one class and then when I you get bored reset and put all your points into something else?

Hybrids are popular and rarely anyone uses only one tree. Warrior/assasin or templar/warrior are good combinations. Also warrior/prophets are out there.

Tho you should put all your points to melee instead of scattering it to melee, vitality, energy, focus.  Only tanks need vitality, no1 needs energy and I dont really recommend focus for beginner.
Thanks

Edited by SagaTeller, 18 April 2017 - 13:33.

BUYING ALL EP 6G/ea. Huge amounts of gold. Also buying all high level gear, gems and rares with gold. Will not run out of gold so your offer is always priority. Buying everything.

Head to: https://forums.hunte...showtopic=75969For more information!

-Gold Mine team.

#3 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 April 2017 - 23:42

Game developers have abandoned Eldevin, and people got mad that you spend money on game you love, just to see other games to get updates. They have announced that game is no longer supported. There was 1 day offline time like a week ago because developers just didnt cba to actually fix it ASAP.

Also tiny team of indie game company should listen at community. None of the even the tiniest things are taken as noticed.

So yeah, if you want to start a game, take it as a fact that your money wont go for the eldevin except keeping the servers up (for less than 100 players, u can get good server for 30$, after that everything goes for something else.)

PS. Support tickets will get around 8weekish to get viewed. Welcome to eldevin.

Only one of the 2 servers will be active at a time. Lower lvl areas are dead. Economy has been stuck at same prices for like 2 years after the infernal update.

There is no actual PvP. Only old people justifying their ragging actions as 'you should understand that this is part of the game'.

So yeah get used to same prices for the entire time u gonna be playing, and PvP is not rewarding, better off doing something else.

We have been asking for this for years, but as I mentioned above, HC does not give any kind of support to Eldevin anymore, so nope. We often spam global chat (we know it is super annoying but we still do it) to sell our stuff.

Hybrids are popular and rarely anyone uses only one tree. Warrior/assasin or templar/warrior are good combinations. Also warrior/prophets are out there.

Tho you should put all your points to melee instead of scattering it to melee, vitality, energy, focus.  Only tanks need vitality, no1 needs energy and I dont really recommend focus for beginner.
Thanks

Ok Saga, lets not put newbies off, trunks96, if you chat & interact with players and level up you may start to enjoy this MMOSNS (mini multiple online social network site) :D

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: