Photo

What kind of Quests?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 Lelouch Lamperouge

Lelouch Lamperouge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:45

What will the quests be like because I'm a huge fan of Runescape's quests and was wondering if they'll have the same kind of depth?

*First post since making this account back in Sept lol..*

"Hero? No! We're pirates! I love heroes but.... I don't wanna be one! Do you know what heroes are? Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it, but heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!" - Monkey D. Luffy

#2 Dragoonale

Dragoonale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:42

I was wondering about quests as well :P Hopefully there are some that simply are, kill this and get that, with the occasional in debth quests. If I recall Runescape has a nice system however due to it only being in debth quests, there are only a few hundred if im not mistaken. I think finding a nice balance would be nice.

#3 Xero

Xero

Lead Artist

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 December 2012 - 13:47

We have a good mix of deep story-driven quests, and some that are more simple. They all vary in length and difficulty, it's a good mix, something for everyone! ;)
Iain Mair
Lead Artist, Eldevin

#4 Lelouch Lamperouge

Lelouch Lamperouge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 December 2012 - 21:15

We have a good mix of deep story-driven quests, and some that are more simple. They all vary in length and difficulty, it's a good mix, something for everyone! ;)

Awesome! Can't wait :)

"Hero? No! We're pirates! I love heroes but.... I don't wanna be one! Do you know what heroes are? Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it, but heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!" - Monkey D. Luffy

#5 Minerexstacy

Minerexstacy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 13:36

I would assume there will be a few short quests where you kill a few things then its done? If not thats fine never really liked those cause they seemed too easy haha

Come join me at my YouTube - Mcflapphypants

153qv6c.png

Come help build the wikia by clicking > HERE

#6 Bryn

Bryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 February 2013 - 18:50

Will there be class specific or allegiance specific quests?  After all, the Arcane Council of Mages and the Eldevin Army are probably not working from the same sheet of music...

Bryn -  Prophet - lvl 45

Ullr -   Ranger -   lvl 32

Thud - Warrior - lvl 16

Payn -  Templar - lvl 16

Jinx -  Mage -      lvl 10

__________________________________________________________________________________

Foraging - 45 | Farming - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Skinning - 34 | Fishing - 45 | Crystal - 45

Alchemy - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Tailoring - 9 | Leather - 9

#7 l3fty

l3fty

Senior Artist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:52

The Arcane Council and the Eldevin Army have their own quest chains which run through the game, and does show two facets to the peril facing Eldevin. Players are allowed to complete both chains though if they choose to. With the games reputation system we are able to have quests which the player can only do if they attain certain levels of reputation with specific factions.
L3fty
Senior 3D Artist

#8 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 February 2013 - 13:19

Does a reputation with one faction hurts your reputation with another faction?

I can imagine a group of righteous paladins and angels don't look too kindly on you if you're known to be helping a group of thieves and murderers. Even if you did some small quests for the good guys in the past. :ph34r: :unsure:

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#9 Bryn

Bryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 February 2013 - 13:34

Actions have consequences in the game! :wub:

Bryn -  Prophet - lvl 45

Ullr -   Ranger -   lvl 32

Thud - Warrior - lvl 16

Payn -  Templar - lvl 16

Jinx -  Mage -      lvl 10

__________________________________________________________________________________

Foraging - 45 | Farming - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Skinning - 34 | Fishing - 45 | Crystal - 45

Alchemy - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Tailoring - 9 | Leather - 9

#10 D4VYJONES

D4VYJONES

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:30

Me gusta!

#11 SDGR

SDGR

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:57

I hate tasks (aka what's nowadays commonly known as "quests" in most MMOs) and love the ones with a dedicated story behind and especially the chain quests.

A certain MMO became huge specifically for releasing intelligent quests (most of them closely to traditional quest games content) that required far more than just "go and kill 10 mobs". Each quest had its own story (a lof of them were sequels or chained together in chapters), NPCs, and props (buildings, mobs, special items/tools/etc). A lot of thinking and work were put into those and it showed. Some of them were epic and granted either access to exclusive items (special armors, capes, etc) or to special maps/dungeons or NPC organisations (which also affected the future player's encounter with certain NPCs or rival factions and so on). 

In the end, providing you had enough quest points, you could join a dedicated questing club that granted a special in game status and benefits. So there was logic and lots of planning behind all that and ultimately it made sense, it was not just something to do when you got bored of grinding and it added to the endgame content.

IMO this can really make a game stand out. It's easy to put together a bunch of tasks, but adding uniqueness and class to quests and investing time and effort in creating them would make the game really shine and offer something most MMOs lack of.

#12 Ziggeh

Ziggeh

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 22:12

Sounds awesome!

Really excited for this one!

#13 Xohn

Xohn

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 00:14

A certain MMO became huge specifically for releasing intelligent quests (most of them closely to traditional quest games content) that required far more than just "go and kill 10 mobs". 

Another one became popular while offering mostly tedious tasks.

-i188.photobucket.com-albums-z9-iChiix-t

*cringe*

I really hope there won't too many "grinding" quests(and from the news we have now, there probably won't be :)).

.meow.

#14 SDGR

SDGR

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:18

Another one became popular while offering mostly tedious tasks.

-i188.photobucket.com-albums-z9-iChiix-t

*cringe*

I really hope there won't too many "grinding" quests(and from the news we have now, there probably won't be :)).

Well "tedious tasks" is what most MMOs offer: "go kill 10 wolves", "take this item to X NPC" and so on. So annoying :)

IMO nowadays if a MMO wants to stand out it needs to go that extra mile and provide something others don't bother to implement, 'cause otherwise it's would just be the same boring system under a different coat of pixels ;)

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: