Photo

Restart the game on a new server but keep the old aswell.

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 badboyjack

badboyjack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 20:43

Wouldn't it be great if they had a fresh server for everyone to start again on? I think it could get a lot of players back plus would be a great financial move for HCS? as well as the players as this game is very unique.

Also keep the old server for all the remaining active players to enjoy and give every other player a chance to be good again? idk just a thought

#2 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 19 September 2018 - 21:28

id personally love playing thru the game again ;p

#3 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 23:56

Umm, no? lol. 

#4 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 00:41

100% no from me. We are barely keeping the game together as is. Let's just fix what we have.

#5 ironlegs

ironlegs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 01:02

Yes we have more than enough to keep the crew busy for quite a while fixing what needs fixed and finishing those quest lines that need updated so we can get back to them ...

#6 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 20 September 2018 - 01:14

This has been hashed around so many times.  It's not something I'm interested in.  I'm doing good to keep up with myself as it is.  This isn't some fly by night app where a player might have 27 alts on as many servers.  I've played so many of those.  They are rife with bullies and other types of credit card heroes.... The honest player doesn't stay for long....  No thanks, not for FS, not good for me.

There are already many things that have  been pushed to the back burner to focus on the app, and recent troubles that had to be addressed show that there's already plenty for the dev team to deal with.  

Edited by BadPenny, 20 September 2018 - 02:51.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#7 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 20 September 2018 - 05:52

Wouldn't it be great if they had a fresh server for everyone to start again on? I think it could get a lot of players back plus would be a great financial move for HCS? as well as the players as this game is very unique.

Also keep the old server for all the remaining active players to enjoy and give every other player a chance to be good again? idk just a thought

If the level of support that USED to exist in the game STILL remained, then I'd say yes - it could be fun, everyone starting from a level playing field but ...

100% no from me. We are barely keeping the game together as is. Let's just fix what we have.

I have to agree with Josh - there's loads amiss with the game atm, starting up a fresh server would just be a further drain on the minimal assets still assigned to the game ..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#8 badboyjack

badboyjack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 11:18

I see. all completely fair points. I didn't think it would be so much effort involved to maintain a new server as everything is ready to go. As for the current game, I would still hope all focus still went to that and this was just a way of getting alot of players back again. Also, there could be a ripple effect where the old veteran players come back ones they see the game light up again. its probably never going to happen. I love this game though, always have, always will. I know i'm low level but the experience I had was none other.

#9 badboyjack

badboyjack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 11:24

Also, I got this awful name when I was like 11/12 yo and I thought the ingame name was a username so got stuck with it lol 11/12 years later and a part of me dies every time I see it so would love a new name on a new server lol. irrelevant but makes me laugh

#10 atta222

atta222

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 September 2018 - 12:09

I doubt I want to reply the game and restart my upgrades from the 0 point too. but i cant find the challenge. the fun that should be. fix gvg, titan hunting epics depreciation, fix player base before thinking of restarting all over again...

#11 RedFinn

RedFinn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 14:21

Also, I got this awful name when I was like 11/12 yo and I thought the ingame name was a username so got stuck with it lol 11/12 years later and a part of me dies every time I see it so would love a new name on a new server lol. irrelevant but makes me laugh

Arent you supposed to be 13 to start the game lol :P

eFqM9lD.gif

#12 badboyjack

badboyjack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 15:38

Arent you supposed to be 13 to start the game lol :P

haha what can i say, i was a rebellious kid lol  :ph34r:

#13 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 16:00

ormrk9.jpg

#14 RedFinn

RedFinn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 16:50

haha what can i say, i was a rebellious kid lol  :ph34r:

Banhammer!

eFqM9lD.gif

#15 gapukas

gapukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 September 2018 - 19:54

The idea is actually good, but what if we had a second server where you cant buy any upgrades with real life currency and cant do any surveys - just oldschool grind it out and see whos better, like basically an ironman mode so to say :D id love it.

Edited by gapukas, 20 September 2018 - 19:57.

#16 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 00:06

The idea is actually good, but what if we had a second server where you cant buy any upgrades with real life currency and cant do any surveys - just oldschool grind it out and see whos better, like basically an ironman mode so to say :D id love it.

So, you want +2 stam gain, 9 BP slots, 500 stam max, 2 XP gain per hour, 2 AH slots, 10 components slots.....  really?  

Let's vote, who else wants to go back to square 1 with no way to make improvements?

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#17 badboyjack

badboyjack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 06:47

from what I take from this is it's good for new players/ old players who want to get good again. Even for the community/ financial aspects for HCS but will never come to light as the current game "still needs fixing" yet who knows if this could help fix the game? maybe it would make it worse? but what's worst then a game that's days are numbered. from what I see average online is 180-200, how much lower can it get before there's no point? if everyone had e-mails/ right advertisement I reckon it could increase the old one's population along with thousands on the new. 

#18 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 07:03

I'll tell you this, if FS becomes like some of the app games I have played, with servers full of alts from other servers, then MY days are numbered.  The main reason I log in every day is because FS is unique, I don't have to worry about not being able to compete with credit card warriors, and I can feel all right about my game.  In my opinion we don't need stuff like that.  

I've known many players that are no longer here.  Some left because of being bored with games in general (i.e. they grew up), some because of boredom with FS, a few because PvP has been watered down so many ways from Sunday, even others because they prefer a "cooler" game with fancy 3D graphics and music and autoplay features. A few left at the strong request of HCS staff because of multiple transgressions...  Even I left for a time, because RL prevented me from logging in.  I STILL wouldn't want to have to start over from Jump Street, with or without a new server........

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#19 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 21 September 2018 - 11:56

A new server won't fix the lack of relevant content that this game lacks. People have left the game for many reasons, but one of the main ones is that there's rarely something "new" happening. The events are the same, and even when new stuff comes, people have everything in the first or second time it happens.

There's a lot of unfinished/poorly done things in the game, and aspects that need a lot of overhaul. All you're doing is putting people at ground zero and watch them rise to the same level of stalling again.

In my personal case, Idid a lot of things over the years to get my character where it is. I don't think I would like to do that again :)

#20 badboyjack

badboyjack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 14:02

I see, all valid points. when I say a new server, I don't mean 100 different accounts on 27 servers, I mean 1 chance to start over on 1 server. With the hope that it rekindles the game. Also, the old server would remain for all the players who want to stay. Maybe you're right and the game is dated so this idea could be a flop. I guess the 200-1000 people left total on the game just want to go down with the ship like the Titanic. Have fun with the time you have left is all I can say.

edit* even if the player base is 10,000. It's still at its final stages of life so enjoy it whilst it lasts. 

Edited by badboyjack, 21 September 2018 - 18:58.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: