28 replies to this topic

#21 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 16:52

l3fty, on 20 Mar 2014 - 14:38, said:

Tinkerer: Create small mechanical devices to aid players in some way; mechanical one-use combat pets for example.

As a complementary gathering skill - Salvaging: recovering useful components such as cogs and bolts from common drops or nodes in the world.

Please DON'T make more professions that needs 'prospecting' as it's already too needed for other professions.

Please make more professions that needs 'fishing' as it's not actually needed for any crafting profession.

Also I suggest 'dragons' would be at high level i.e. level 95 as they would be one of the nicest things to get as i.e. pet

I like VERY much the idea of taming and learning animals so they can carry things (I read someone had hard to imagine a animal that can carry something, you could use leatherwork for making bags), fight, cosmetic and for riding (extra speed).

But I don't like "skinchanging" rather just have the animals to help you. (one reason is that i don't want to see people get into a living animal (and i don't understand how that could work) and I don't think parents want their small children to play such a game) 

As mentioned earlier making jewelry to your animal would be nice as people want more use of the profession jewelry.

Training animals to make them fight better, run faster and longer, carry heavier loads (bigger bags (every bag would have [x] storage slots and [x] weight as weaker animals can't carry too heavy bags. You have to crate a bag that is enough light for the animal, but have much spaces) and looking more awesome.  :D

You could learn how to teach new abilities from leveling, quests, special events etc.

The GATHERING profession could be "taming" and the CRAFTING profession could be learning.

Taming: You try to tame a animal. You can use baits (food) and hiding (i.e. behind a cliff or down in high grass) to get close to the animal. No idea of how the animation would look like. If you fail, the animal attacks you and you either have to get it calm (with high taming at low taming level animals (you could also calm down animals running after other people)), kill it (then you have to wait for it to spawn again) or run away from it (animals are fast). In this profession includes feeding your animal(s). I.e. Lynx, boar and deer.

Learning: You learn a animal a ability. You can use certain items to help. A ability takes some time to teach, this could include to have the animal fighting with a ability that has a big chance to fail and that wont hit much. I.e. learning a lynx to carry items or yourself, use a ability in combat, run faster, carry heavier bags, extra health and strength.

I'm open for ideas and this was just a suggestion. I just don't check forums so often so don't get mad at me if i don't respond imminently.

Edited by EJK, 23 March 2014 - 16:56.

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

#22 Melody

Melody

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 17:04

Please make more professions that needs 'fishing' as it's not actually needed for any crafting profession.

Really? So you dont need fishing to lvl cooking? Strange.. I could have sworn some cooking recipes call for fish...

Gathering

Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49

Crafting

Alchemy 49 | Armormithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewlery 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49

#23 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 17:06

I like VERY much the idea of taming and learning animals so they can carry things (I read someone had hard to imagine a animal that can carry something, you could use leatherwork for making bags), fight, cosmetic and for riding (extra speed).

But I don't like "skinchanging" rather just have the animals to help you. (one reason is that i don't want to see people get into a living animal (and i don't understand how that could work) and I don't think parents want their small children to play such a game) 

i meant the same , to get a animal to follow you or as mount, you will not change into a animal.

Edited by xpw4ste, 23 March 2014 - 17:07.

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#24 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 18:26

Really? So you dont need fishing to lvl cooking? Strange.. I could have sworn some cooking recipes call for fish...

Yes they do, but you can make cooking to max without touching a single fish

#25 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 23 March 2014 - 20:06

Cooking is fastest with foraging after lvl24. Before then it relatively easy with any of the gathering professions

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#26 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:14

I would like to see a update to fishing like renting a boat and go at to sea and harpoon fish sea monsters or just fish in general going from river to river to find a fishing spot is not as intense  :(

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Best Tv Shows-Gotham,Flash,Arrow,TheBlackList,TheLastShip. :D

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#27 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:02

I'm a fan of enchanting.

Disenchant items for enchantment materials at their level.

Use them to enchant armor. 

Guild Founder of The Golden Horde

Zshmaendal - Level 45 Prophet | Superfluous - Level 35 Warrior | Ulysses - Level 13 Ranger

Louis - Level 8 Warrior | Ephemeral - Level 12 Assassin | Connotation - Level 8 Mage

Crystal Cutting - 9 | Fishing - 10 | Forestry - 10 | Skinning - 8 | Farming - 19 | Foraging - 28 | Prospecting - 16

Alchemy - 36 | Cooking - 11 | Leatherworking - 4 | Weaponsmithing - 5 | Armorsmithing - 7 | Jewelry - 6 | Tailoring - 16

#28 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 16:48

Sailing! 

And the ability to fish from ship.

Edited by EJK, 01 April 2014 - 16:48.

#29 RISDMAC

RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge
  • Ireland

Posted 16 May 2014 - 18:15

I'm a fan of enchanting.

Disenchant items for enchantment materials at their level.

Use them to enchant armor. 

Was just thinking about this tonight on the way home.

Enchanter could put gem skills into armor/weapons.

Can only enchant items that are at your level or below.

Need to "disenchant" gems in order to learn that ability to place the skills into items (this would cover level 1-3 and would also make lower level gems more appealing to player base)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: