BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 14 June 2021 - 14:50

Hey there.

Not adding, altering. There are plenty of Relics in game. It's not just Stam Gain that's on the table of pre existing bits and bobs. There are other Enhancements we could use. Things for inventing perhaps. Maybe a tiny smidge of Temporal Shift. Though there are a few enhancements that are creature only.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback so far. We're reading everything.

~ Grim

Some PvP specific enhancements could be in order....  Thievery, MT, Protection, Protect Gold, Duelist.... Those "unwanted" relics that are increase basic stats really do need some love.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#42 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 June 2021 - 15:15

Some PvP specific enhancements could be in order....  Thievery, MT, Protection, Protect Gold, Duelist.... Those "unwanted" relics that are increase basic stats really do need some love.

All easy do-able.

~ Grim

#43 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 14 June 2021 - 18:18

All easy do-able.

~ Grim

pls avoid the enhancements: disarm breaker

#44 Artzik

Artzik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 June 2021 - 18:31

step 1. remove Reign of Terror

it´s ok to alter some , any lvl relics more attractive

relic fight system needs  to have balance , atm it´s impossible to defend even with lead fully buffed up with group more than 30 people , against 1 lvl 1500+ and 2  any lvl group joiners.

Edited by Artzik, 14 June 2021 - 18:35.

#45 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 01:17

step 1. remove Reign of Terror
it´s ok to alter some , any lvl relics more attractive
relic fight system needs  to have balance , atm it´s impossible to defend even with lead fully buffed up with group more than 30 people , against 1 lvl 1500+ and 2  any lvl group joiners.

it has been mentioned before, but hard to believe defending a relic can be so difficult.

unreasonable for cows to take away a buff without replacing with another buff at 2500 level. is there a new buff the cows can use to replace reign of terror?

#46 basti7

basti7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 08:55

I agree on said thing.

1.) The "stam gain in lower levels" do not solve all problems but make relics more useful. A lot of guilds have unwanted relics which they can not delete (Only that strange way to ask another guild)

2.) Limit the powerful stamina relic for each guild, maybe just 1 gain and 1 max stam (gain + max gain)

3.) I like the Reroll idea with GvG Points (Make gvg great again yeah, but with that all other suggestions are useless)

4.) COOLDOWN: If you loose a relic you have a cooldown on it like on titans. Look for new ones!

4.1) ATTACK COOLDOWN: Sorry, but if you can not get a relic after 10 times attacking, take a cooldown. Guild log was full of spam with a guild who failed taking our relic for a lot of times. With 5x group attacks (more with upgrade) it is pretty annoying. 

5.) Ban that "strong" buffs for relic. How do you hold a relic when player uses Dark Curse 86%? 

Reign of Terror make them even stronger. In PvP already soooo annoying - Make normal setups useful and not feeling you like you can do nothing. It would not matter if you sit in Epics there, naked or in pvp setup when you always lose because overpowered buffs kill you.

6.) Make better enchancements. Master Inventor, Thievery, Master Thief... And maybe "new" ones. I know at least one set (not hoof!) that gives you Hypnotize and hooftest has soulless enchancement too. Or Temporal shift. All strong so maybe +1

b7

#47 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 June 2021 - 09:58

pls avoid the enhancements: disarm breaker

Any particular reason for that?

Step. 1 Remove Reign of Terror
Step. 2 It´s impossible to defend even with lead fully buffed up with group more than 30 people , against 1 lvl 1500+ and 2  any lvl group joiners.

1. May I ask why?
2. How so. Can you give examples?

~ Grim

#48 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 13:30

Any particular reason for that?

1. May I ask why?

~ Grim

Hi BG,

Defense Pros

-Unresolved = successful defend (Although this is almost a negative purely based on the sheer financial investment that would cost to maintain)

Defense Cons

- Reign of Terror was added when offense already had a slight edge

-  Groups were increased from 1-5/10 attempts 

- Lead Defender Debuff (Splitting members alone is already enough why double whammy?)

- Having to split members between relics.

- Have to be Uber buffed 24/7  if you really want to hold down your relic (As you can see no one will does this as the cost is SO SO High)

- Extremely difficult to coordinate things if people are playing uniquely and individually

As you can see above extremely one sided. I've probably missed out on some defense cons.

If you want some example there are plenty of relic logs, not sure how i could show you examples.

Hope this helps

-EP

Edited by EpicPiety, 15 June 2021 - 14:32.

#49 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 June 2021 - 13:32

Your members had dispell curse level 500 with highest level flinch active and epic gears on. There was no way I could win with full PvP buffs on... Not sure what you're on about.

-
Reign of terror is a decent counter to Dispel curse 500, so I still don't see the issue with here

sigma_468x60.jpg

#50 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 13:43

Your members had dispell curse level 500 with highest level flinch active and epic gears on. There was no way I could win with full PvP buffs on... Not sure what you're on about.

-
Reign of terror is a decent counter to Dispel curse 500, so I still don't see the issue with here

Art was overexaggering a little bit obviously. What he was trying to say was what i pointed in my above post.

ROT is a castable buff and dispel curse 500 is an extremely limited resource. I take issue with Dispel Curse 500 and in general myself but that is a bigger fundamental problem in PvP.

#51 Artzik

Artzik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 14:49

Art was overexaggering a little bit obviously, yeah but only little bit... i won relick combats totally naked, buffed & composed pots with group of 2 in epics, and opponent was defending buffed up too with group of 4-8 all buffed up and in war gear

#52 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 15:30

I would suggest to make real stats only works on relics, just exclude relic defense and group attack from all buffs

Just to stop randomness and let players work more with stats not buffs .

Edited by shindrak, 15 June 2021 - 15:32.

#53 Artzik

Artzik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 16:23

Would work maybe, though it much easier to make big group in attack and get 10 tries innit

Edited by Artzik, 15 June 2021 - 18:00.

#54 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 June 2021 - 16:28

Well staying on track with the topic... I say remove 50% of the relics from the game and don't add anymore. Fix the stats up a bit and allow guilds to decide their values.

Ahm don't forget to throw in the permission to capture...

sigma_468x60.jpg

#55 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 17:49

a.

Any particular reason for that?1. May I ask why?2. How so. Can you give examples?~ Grim

though pummeling opponent into submission is a classic fighting tactic by first damaging gear, breaker and disarm can't be shut off. hitting someone causing expensive repairs can lead to misunderstanding. may need to attack for gvg or dq, do not need misunderstandings.

b. 

I would suggest to make real stats only works on relics, just exclude relic defense and group attack from all buffs

Just to stop randomness and let players work more with stats not buffs .

c. 

Would work maybe

according to c, b makes sense. i don't understand b.
groups mean at least 3 guildmates "agree" to take a relic, can infer consensus. encourages guilds to grow.

#56 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 June 2021 - 18:13

a.
though pummeling opponent into submission is a classic fighting tactic by first damaging gear, breaker and disarm can't be shut off. hitting someone causing expensive repairs can lead to misunderstanding. may need to attack for gvg or dq, do not need misunderstandings.

That's weird... There shouldn't be any misunderstanding when Undermine and Retaliate are active 😁

My 2 favorite buffs

Edited by Alisa, 15 June 2021 - 18:13.

sigma_468x60.jpg

#57 Toreth

Toreth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 15 June 2021 - 18:29

Since the dialogue is open in regards to Relics being changed, currently, it’s too easy to capture Relics as an attacker and very difficult to defend relative to the effort needed to attack/capture them. One noticeable mechanic in Relic Defense is the “Lead Defender Nerf” from holding multiple relics. Currently, the lead defender stats down to 40% after 6 relics owned is a big burden for any guild aspiring to hold more than a couple of relics and defend them. To make Relics more balanced between attack and defense, I think we could adjust the Lead Defender Bonus to make it less punishing to hold more than a couple of relics:

# of Relics            Lead Defender Bonus

1                                 150%

2                                 120%

3                                 100%

4                                  90%

5                                  85%

6                                  80%

Adjusting will allow guilds to fight for Relics while still suffering from a penalty by holding too many. The scaling proposed will still give the advantage to guilds holding less Relics while keeping it competitive for those who want to hold more.

#58 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 16 June 2021 - 10:37

4.1) ATTACK COOLDOWN: Sorry, but if you can not get a relic after 10 times attacking, take a cooldown. Guild log was full of spam with a guild who failed taking our relic for a lot of times. With 5x group attacks (more with upgrade) it is pretty annoying.

QQ you are getting defender of the realm ticks. Filters for the guild log would be good though huh?

The only times I have seen relics successfully defended is when the lead defender is using super elite and/or epic pots. that simply is not sustainable long term. I have seen Maehdros and siddy246 successfully defend for a few hours recently, using distilled Extravagant Dark Choco Eggs plus a few others including dragon eggs. Obviously this year due to bugs some people have large stocks of Easter baskets. Try it yourself, take one of the stam gain relics and see if you can hold it.

#59 moneypants

moneypants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 16 June 2021 - 12:34

more stam gain relics yay. so us big guilds can clam 4 instead of 2 or 3 

#60 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 16 June 2021 - 12:43

Since the dialogue is open in regards to Relics being changed, currently, it’s too easy to capture Relics as an attacker and very difficult to defend relative to the effort needed to attack/capture them. One noticeable mechanic in Relic Defense is the “Lead Defender Nerf” from holding multiple relics. Currently, the lead defender stats down to 40% after 6 relics owned is a big burden for any guild aspiring to hold more than a couple of relics and defend them. To make Relics more balanced between attack and defense, I think we could adjust the Lead Defender Bonus to make it less punishing to hold more than a couple of relics:

# of Relics            Lead Defender Bonus
     1                                 150%
     2                                 120%
     3                                 100%
     4                                  90%
     5                                  85%
     6                                  80%

Adjusting will allow guilds to fight for Relics while still suffering from a penalty by holding too many. The scaling proposed will still give the advantage to guilds holding less Relics while keeping it competitive for those who want to hold more.

i don't understand the implications, but seems like an important contribution to thread.

yet, no comments for or against.

questions:

is this the solution to balanced relic combat? or partial solution?

is it relatively fair?

does ROT need to be removed?

cooldowns added?

group attacks restricted?

relic combat without buffs counting?

whatever i failed to include?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt