Photo

Ever going to address the game imbalances?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Buffarilla

Buffarilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 20:54

Well, the alt account abuse seems to have been stopped, or at least slowed, but the guilty parties apparently paid no penalty.  Meanwhile the alliances that were battered by that stupidity just have to suck up the losses.

Then we still have the ridiculous reality that a single player with 40M+ power can harass an entire alliance with 200M+ power and the alliance is powerless to stop it.  The single player has no territory to contest or defend, and no resource gathering ships to lose since they steal all they need, so they have no vulnerabilities.  The alliance members could mount a rally to sacrifice loads of units in a futile effort against the bully, but it's cheaper to just hunker down and wait for the bully to move to the next victim.  

I can't believe the game is being played as designed or envisioned by the developers, but it must be producing enough income for them to stick with the current shortcomings.  I guess player churn provides enough fresh new blood to keep the cash flowing.

I'm still playing, but have stopped buying anything since it just rewards the developers for their poor efforts.

#2 INDeeDO

INDeeDO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:52

proabably when its to late(2months or more,they have 1.7 to do yet)

#3 Churchasis Kingling

Churchasis Kingling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:35

That involves the devs actually taking a look and watching their game -.- Nothing is going to happen to stop it and it will probably stay the same :(

#4 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:51

Hey Buffarilla,

We're actively working to update the game on a regular basis and make improvements that allow all players to enjoy the game. We're also happy to listen to any suggestions you may have, a good number of the recent features we've added have been based on player feedback. One of which was the recent improvement to rallies, if rallies are still not effective enough against large players, we can certainly investigate this further.

Our 1.7 update is indeed in the works and we'll be sharing more on that soon.

• Zue likes this

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#5 Kildek

Kildek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 June 2017 - 02:04

Hey Buffarilla,

We're actively working to update the game on a regular basis and make improvements that allow all players to enjoy the game. We're also happy to listen to any suggestions you may have, a good number of the recent features we've added have been based on player feedback. One of which was the recent improvement to rallies, if rallies are still not effective enough against large players, we can certainly investigate this further.

Rallies do not work, as a way to retaliate for the small guys.

Adding the possibility to attack gathering/contest ships has not changed that.

The "Big guns" that raid whole alliances, rarely gather resources. They do not have to, since it is much faster to raid low levels at little loss. Most of the time, there are no gathering ships of the "big guns", to attack. Even if one of the "big guns" should gather resources, he will do it in his own hive. By the time a rally reaches the spot, he will be finished long ago, because the rally moves so slowly. It has been mentioned before that the speed at which the rally moves, makes it less useful. The speed has since been increased, but only for the levels 20-22. Which are the already strong players. The small guys did not benefit from it.

More elaborate explanations can be found at:

"Permissions Needed to Start a Rally?"

https://forums.hunte...showtopic=75288

My own comment in that threat can be read here:

https://forums.hunte...288#entry978585

Currently i can not see, how the rally could be tweaked, to work to retaliate for the low level players.

The win/loss ratio between tier 1/2/3 troops against tier 4 troops, is too high, to be worth it. Tweaking the rally will not change the win/loss ratio, as long as the fighting system behind it stays the same.

In addition, if a low level starts a rally, his research is low level too, which again affects all the troops in the rally, and increases the losses, against a strong player (with high level research).

My suggestion would be, that someone from the HCS staff tries to create an incognito game account, and tries to play as low level on a region like Zeta. Then tests how well things, like the rally, work during game play.

#6 INDeeDO

INDeeDO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 08:00

Hey Buffarilla,

Tell me admin,how do you propose to take down a 100-200m+player,without huge losses(months of training)

#7 INDeeDO

INDeeDO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:45

Tell me admin,how do you propose to take down a 100-200m+player,without huge losses(months of training)

So no response Admin? i guess i'm not surprised,because this is not possible with the current fighting system

#8 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:33

We understand your frustration here with Rallies not being able to beat certain large players. We're hard at work on the next game update, but we do appreciate the feedback and will continue to look at ways to balance the game better.

• Zue likes this

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#9 INDeeDO

INDeeDO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:08

We're hard at work on the next game update, 

well while you're at it,increase the daily cap of vip points,whether you do it based on the days logged in,or the current vip,at the current rate of 500 per day,it will take years to get to vip 20 without paying

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: