#41 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 October 2021 - 23:42

There are issues with Epics that have nothing to do with their functionality with/without the breaking of Coordinated Buffs; take a closer look at how things work and are calculated when referring to those buffs before diving too deeply down the rabbit hole here.

The Attack/Armor is wanted because it most certainly is viable if you're able to put in the work to make it functional; you point out the use of Att/Def and Suicide, but you aren't looking at the "why are those sets used?" aspect. You also point out the same sets being used for Titan Hunting, but don't mention the "why?" fully, but instead have blanketed the reasoning with "Piercing Strike, Critical Hit, etc.," and while those are PARTIALLY correct, think, specifically, about how those enhancements may play a part and what their potential counter(s) may be.

Also, to answer "why aren't they used?" Here's a link as to "why?"

https://forums.hunte...showtopic=77441

You'll see the gear disparity isn't the best, and while it hasn't been updated since the release of the SE's, Arena Sets, or the most recent LE sets, you'll find, after quick calculations, that the percentage change in the disparity is negligible.

If "armor wasn't viable" why are people asking for it? Hmm? I think this comes down to the understanding of the larger picture and the fundamental/foundational understanding of the mechanics and what it takes to make all of those sets work. If a single individual can't get an armor set to work, doesn't mean the rest of the community who can make it work, should be deprived of those items and sets.

I respect that you disagree however I stand by what I have said. Armor set-ups have not been used outside of very few ladder ranges in an extremely long time. There are lot of factors on why that is but its honestly not worth going into. By the time any meaningful change would occur, a few decades will have flown by.

Armor isn't viable and asking for more of it is honestly a waste of the developers time right now. It isn't about "getting it to work". Why bother if other alternatives work as good if not better than an armor based set-up?  Then again, how much effort should it take to make a new set in terms of coding ... probably not much besides the art work. However, adding 1 or 2 more sets isn't going to fix the "armor set-up problem" its scarce throughout the level ranges by your own data. Getting the app completed and working on stability in the game overall is most important imo. 

Sounds like your taking out your frustration about the situation on me but i'm stating things pretty clearly. 

Edited by Windbattle, 25 October 2021 - 23:54.

#42 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 25 October 2021 - 23:49

I respect that you disagree however I stand by what I have said. Armor set-ups have not been used outside of very few ladder ranges in an extremely long time. There are lot of factors on why that is but its honestly not worth going into. By the time any meaningful change would occur, a few decades will have flown by.

Armor isn't viable and asking for more of it is honestly a waste of the developers time right now. It isn't about "getting it to work". Why bother if other alternatives work as good if not better than an armor based set-up?  Then again, how much effort should it take to make a new set in terms of coding ... probably not much besides the art work. Getting the app completed and working on stability in the game overall is most important. 

Sounds like your taking out your frustration about the situation on me but i'm stating things pretty clearly. 

Have you forgotten about arena, also you are just factually wrong about armor. It has it's place in the meta with enough set options like defense.

https://discord.gg/jKVeznM if you would like to go into detail about armor setups. Invites up for anyone interested.

Edited by EpicPiety, 25 October 2021 - 23:50.

#43 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 19:38

What's the thought behind having the Titans running for 10 days only? Wouldn't be better to have it running for 14-15 days so people could secure them one more time (considering the 7 days cooldown)

Previous event was for 13 days at least (29/oct - 11/nov)

#44 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 19:41

What's the thought behind having the Titans running for 10 days only? Wouldn't be better to have it running for 14-15 days so people could secure them one more time (considering the 7 days cooldown)

Previous event was for 13 days at least (29/oct - 11/nov)

Probably precisely what you pointed out less supply.

#45 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 19:48

Probably precisely what you pointed out less supply.

Yeah, I agree with that, but 10 days seems way too short considering it started on a friday afternoon...but what can we do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: