BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 June 2014 - 13:30

Hi there everyone.

The Elemental Wraiths have arisen from the Light only knows where. All that is known is that these creatures are roaming the Realms, raining destruction on all who oppose them.

The Warriors of the Realms must gather together to rid the Communities of these horrifying creatures!

Elemental Wraith (Level 25)
3179f69ebfb3419fecd8d03c844bafbf68da.jpg

The latest Global Event in Fallen Sword is now underway! In the Event, the Community must work together to destroy the Elemental Wraiths plaguing the realms.

Each player must earn a personal target for increasingly bountiful Frag Stashes (mouse over the event info on the World page for more details) while also helping the Community to attain the best total kills possible, unlocking the rewards for all.

The Event shall be live until 15:00 Server Time on the 5th of June.

For each tier that the community completes the reward will be as follows:

Bronze:1 x Global Bronze Frag Stash
Silver:1 x Global Silver Frag Stash
Gold:2 x Global Gold Frag Stash
Crystal:2 x Global Crystal Frag Stash
Ruby: 3 x Global Ruby Frag Stash

If you qualified, the reward(s) will be delivered to your mailbox shortly after the event ends. Note that you get the reward for the tier that you have qualified for, for example if the community unlocks Gold, but you qualify for Silver, you will receive 1 x Global Silver Frag Stash. You don't receive the rewards from lower tiers, only the tier you have qualified for.

Also if you are placed within the top 100 event contributors you will receive an additional Ruby chest reward.

Good luck everyone!

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 14:00

There goes the business, lol.

But thanks anyway for the event HCS.

Prosperous smacking everybody! (o0

#3 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 14:30

So is the wraith going to become an every other global? Or will it eventually take a more random pattern?

#4 Bobbage

Bobbage

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 14:59

What?! Did someone come into the office and accidentally sit on the  Insert Elemental Wraiths Global button?

I don't want to sound like a moaner so shall just say 'parp' instead (parp).

erm...and thanks for the event.

#5 drakos333

drakos333

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 15:05

frag events are awesome.. thanks cows! :P 

#6 Rosborough

Rosborough

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 16:41

Give us a good legendary event or something please... these are getting a little old, maybe make some sort of awesome new world titan event? either way, thanks for the event cows.

#7 pedroevan

pedroevan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 June 2014 - 17:45

We need more scavenging events

Just sayin' :D

But frag events are good too, thx for the event and the timing with my full stam lol

Edited by pedroevan, 01 June 2014 - 18:02.

#8 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 01 June 2014 - 19:05

Thanks for another fragment event - muchly appreciated.

Wish you'd reconsider the distribution of the fragments in the chest tho ;)

Changing the Global Ruby Frag Stash from ...

1350 Common / 1200 Rare / 1050 Unique / 400 LE / 350 Crystal / 300 SE

to

3000 Common / 1000 Rare / 200 Unique / 200 LE / 150 Crystal / 100 SE (or some similar permutation)

(so the same total number of fragments)

would be more beneficial to most composing players who are still trying to advance in levels. I, along with (from previous threads on this) other players, have an over-abundance of everthing from UNIQUE upwards because , as yet, there's very little to spend them on ..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#9 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 19:12

Pardoux... the event dumped on my biz enough as is ,oP

But I do get the point. On the other hand... what might be brewing? (god, I swear I didn't think about that and "intend" to do the pun, lol)

#10 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 19:19

Would have preferred some more potion chests since I'm running out of those, but frags will do. Thanks for the event Cows!

#11 Rosborough

Rosborough

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 19:33

MAybe make the frag stashes tradeable rather than bound? :)

#12 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 01 June 2014 - 19:40

Wish it was double XP, but I'll take it.  :D

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#13 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 June 2014 - 21:53

Thanks for the global event just what I needed as I was nearing maximum stamina and was frighteningly low on common frags. B)

#14 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 22:02

Thanks for the event, but I wish that some time could be spent on putting buffs into composing.  We were promised so much and many of us put everything we had into getting to the level of composing where we would find these "new composed only buffs" that we were told about.  

Well, even though i have raised this issue many times we STILL have no new buffs added past level 20 of composing .  This is very disheartening putting in all that work and still nothing new !

6 weeks ago we were promised that composing would be reviewed within "the next couple of weeks" ..   again our hopes were dashed on broken promises.

I know u are busy , but please review composing to keep our interest in this part of the game !

#15 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 00:54

So far, I have participated in every Global Event that has come out, since their inception. With the amount of fragments I already have, I actually have zero reason to join in this one or probably the next 20 Global frag events, other than to tick another mark on my qualify medal. This will mostly likely be the first I skip, unless I change my mind at the last minute.

I know there are a number of players who very much into composing. It is a nice additional way to have some extra buffs and sink gold for the overall community. I do, however, find it hard to believe that the majority of the player base is THAT concerned with Composing potions that they really need this many event stashes.

I get you are trying to pump out a larger number of GE's to help players build their medals and don't want to over saturate the player base with mega potions, but...

my concern is that when composing was introduced, we were told LE and Spine events would become far more frequent now but these types of events, this often, are going to negate much of that need. Please try to find a balance between the two.

#16 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:16

MAybe make the frag stashes tradeable rather than bound? :)

That'll never happen.

#17 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:02

Another  MIND BLOWING global! 

or as an ally of mine would say .... BOOOOOM! =)

image.gif

#18 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 June 2014 - 17:36

3500 for ruby is way too low imo. Should have been the standard 5000. We won't reach crystal let alone ruby this time.

I think HCS should start a concept I've been thinking about called "Doing the double" (yes a foot to ball joke/pun)

Basically for those who Do 2x the minimum for Ruby qualifying automatically get ruby tier. This will immediately see in global events a higher amount of those doing more kills. Rather than a base 3500, people will do 7000, those doing 5000 for a 5k kill event will do 10000. This will also be a bit more of a stam sink to a degree as well.

Either way though.... I doubt HCS will give us ruby tier again by mistake, so I'm just thinking of ways to encourage more participation. This might be a better suggestion for an event that is a higher base kills required, or at least one that has a wider amount of people wanting to do it.

Mind I like the common shards these beasties drop so I'll be doing WAY over the required kills anyhow, so this won't stop me from racking up 10k+ kills anyhow, lol.

EDIT: Is there a way to make the notifaction about number of shards I get from the dropped stashes NOT go to my log? I get a lot of PMs when I'm online and it's shoving them back to page two and not seeing that they are there sometimes as I'm doing this event...

Edited by Gutie, 02 June 2014 - 17:41.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#19 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 June 2014 - 17:49

I think the reason we may not make the ruby tier is the presumption of many that the cows have a double XP event planned soon... People are playing a lottery. :rolleyes:

#20 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 19:53

I love the event as a composer, even if we dont get ruby, I hope we do though. I know most are trying to plan for an XP event so most wont spend allot of stamina this go unless we have a  confirmed XP event date or telling us its not going to happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: