253 replies to this topic

#21 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 19:19

Swedish pizza with banana, pineapple, shrimp, ham slices and curry... and some pizza-salad on top.

BRGrPMT.jpg

og3DxyP.gif

#22 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 20:01

Scotch Pie, please ;)

Depends how you look at it. Is it a Scottish pie or one that is eaten by Scots or both? The later would mean either description would apply ;)

Cheers.

wil72

#23 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 02 February 2017 - 20:43

Depends how you look at it. Is it a Scottish pie or one that is eaten by Scots or both? The later would mean either description would apply ;)

Cheers.

wil72

No such thing as a Scots Pie - it's a Scotch Pie, eaten by Scots (and lots of others, I may add)

It's like saying Scots Whisky / Whiskey LOL

;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#24 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 21:12

No such thing as a Scots Pie - it's a Scotch Pie, eaten by Scots (and lots of others, I may add)

It's like saying Scots Whisky / Whiskey LOL

;)

Whatever mate, just know what I ask for when buying one. Haven't been corrected yet. ;)

Cheers.

wil72

#25 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 22:47

In Glasgow the difference between someone asking for "Scots pie, please." and "Scotch pie, please." could be cigarette paper thin, depending on the speaker, and the accent. Other parts of Scotland too, but in Glasgow I could see the difference being very close. Lived there for 7 years.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#26 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 22:48

And yeah - they were fantastic deep fried. Though I liked them fresh out of the oven too and covered in baked beans!

#27 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 04:42

this topic making very hungry, I will try cooking (I not good cook but need trying), buying food here writing, thank you :D

#28 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:23

And yeah - they were fantastic deep fried. Though I liked them fresh out of the oven too and covered in baked beans!

please explain - what is it with Europeans wanting to put baked beans on stuff - do y'all not have the same resulting gaseous results?

#29 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:58

UK baked beans don't have bits of ham and bacon thrown in with them, or molasses or any other strangeness that seems to be in US baked beans.

And to be honest - once you've eaten the pie, the beans won't make anything any worse in terms of later emissions. Embrace the wrong.

To explain: In the UK, baked beans, presented in a strange orange, yet tomato based sauce, are a basic food group for children and as such remain a comfort food throughout life for UK based lifeforms. Given constant early exposure to said beans one can only posit that either the population adapts to the gaseous results, or develops an immunity.

Given the career of Billy Connolly and toilet humour as a dominant theme in the UK, I'd say the population has adapted, and accepted gaseousness as a way of life. Everyone does it, might as well have a laugh about it!

Edited by Belaric, 03 February 2017 - 05:59.

#30 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 03 February 2017 - 06:04

UK baked beans don't have bits of ham and bacon thrown in with them, or molasses or any other strangeness that seems to be in US baked beans.

And to be honest - once you've eaten the pie, the beans won't make anything any worse in terms of later emissions. Embrace the wrong.

To explain: In the UK, baked beans, presented in a strange orange, yet tomato based sauce, are a basic food group for children and as such remain a comfort food throughout life for UK based lifeforms. Given constant early exposure to said beans one can only posit that either the population adapts to the gaseous results, or develops an immunity.

Given the career of Billy Connolly and toilet humour as a dominant theme in the UK, I'd say the population has adapted, and accepted gaseousness as a way of life. Everyone does it, might as well have a laugh about it!

I don't add meats of any kind to my beans.   I simmer them for hours, usually on!y seasoning with a smidgen of onion and a dusting of black pepper.  I add a teaspoon of baking soda, which dissipates much of the natural substances in the beans that causes the "emissions"   However, this doesn't eliminate it.  it's the carbohydrates in the beans that trigger the body to produce methane, not the pork....

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#31 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 09:44

How did this topic go from making me hungry to making me hold my nose? Emissions indeed! lol

#32 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:29

How did this topic go from making me hungry to making me hold my nose? Emissions indeed! lol

it's supposed to be healthy for you...

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#33 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:35

bbab25943fb64cd64c4f4d9519f7d93e.jpg

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#34 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 14:13

lorne-sausage.jpg

"Scottish" sliced sausage.

Good in a "Scottish" roll.......

Roll+and+Lorne+Sausage,+Fried+Onions+and

.....with plenty of HP Sauce.

Also good in a "fry up" along with link sausage, fried egg, fried bacon, fried bread, black pudding, and fried tattie scones. Baked beans fried and added to this particular combo gives the finishing touch.

Cheers.

wil72

Edited by wil72, 03 February 2017 - 14:14.

#35 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 14:59

lorne sausgae is ok so its a nice scotch pie have some in the freezer ....loved pulled pork done in the slow cooker for 8 hrs....as for beans great source of folic acid and one of your 5 a day

#36 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 16:09

spaghetti

123201720351034298.gif

and that's how i met your mother

Edited by duktayp, 03 February 2017 - 16:18.

#37 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 19:06

Funny-food-art-Yummy-Bunny.jpg

Funny-food-art-Pac-Man-peas-and-hot-dog.

1980701.jpg?592

1503_charaben_main.jpg

og3DxyP.gif

#38 Bunnybee

Bunnybee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 21:57

xYjCELS.png?1

fdZxAlV.png

#39 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:22

frimp-frimp-frimp.jpg  :wub:  :wub:

#40 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:45

5-Ingredient Beef Enchilada Casserole

420880c9-5a72-4db5-ae08-173c80c7210e.jpg

https://www.pillsbur...8c-83d064032550

Edited by Mzzery, 04 February 2017 - 10:46.

og3DxyP.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: