#21 ExtremelyPoliteGuy

ExtremelyPoliteGuy

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:23

Ancestral Spirit (prophet) ablosutely useless. By absolutley i mean its a waste of Talent Points for PVE and PVP build. Spent around 2 days testing it in PVP - it does not effect the battle anyhow.

Lets take average WELL DRESSED  lvl 40 prophfet buffed with +10% sorc potion, having 950 healing power. Let him get in Arena. What is an average damage per second in Arena when people use skills only? Right its far more that 1000 (more than 1500 if we talk about rangers with overpowered Envenom). Lets see how AS talent helps here - it gived you   712 healing each 6 seconds, considering average fight lasting 10 seconds it is a one use 700 HP regen, being 70% of health taken by any average attack.

Guess it should be removed at all. Didnt see any prophets to use it anywhere anyway.

Think fast talent... i wonder if anybody did actually put some pts in it just once :)

10% spell haste for 6 sec after critically healing.... emmm so to gets this any constant bonus one if to endlessly heal with some 30-40 crit chance?

Guess it should be removed.

Life breather.... same here bet noone did actually put in any pts in half a year.

Intensify spirit.... did use it for a week.... did not find any positive effect. Still one is to nonstoppartyheal to keep the effect on players...

Body and soul....... same no effect issue

Healing touch was ment to be a good addition to expunge, but it is not.... that one-use 20% heal on hit kind of..... same as mentioned before...

Force of nature... ment to be critical -use -skill for mass party heal,  but not needed at all as practice shows.

Infused healing..... mostly to let noobs put talents somewhere... did any one see any healer using revitalize? :D

Played my prophet half a year... now i find its talent tree as a joke :D  am to change to Ranger or Assasin to have some fun in PVP at least, not mentioning PVE.

As for constructive part:

Prophet is like "so many talents, but not much options to put pts in".  I did play other classes and noticed that there is no subclass divition. All choose same builds, due to there is no actually a way to make 2 much different prophets or 2 much different assasins. Perhaps there should be some Tree SPLIT in 2. Thus all crapy talents are proportionally devided between em..... Am not sure about that... just having some mental agony due to significant disappointment :)

As for mentioned skills:

Lets not be inventing any square wheeled bicycles i think removing them and improving current goodworking and often used talents is the solution.

If you are too keep them, then they are to be just a little useful at least:

Ancestral spirit... Ok, let it be NON PVP, but Dungeon skill. Let Spirit heal ALL party members EXCEPT PROPHET  for 50%-60% healing each at least 2-3 secons, giving +25% mana regen aura and +5% defence aura. (Do not be afraid to give away bonuses - you can always boost mobs by some +10\20% balancing the difficulty, but as long as people get all these auras and buffs they seem to be satisfied and happy, putting pts in em and seeng em work)

Or let it be a pet, just as Elemental, Dealing damage and keeping that initial 75% each 6 sec heal...

Think fast.... Ok. 10% most unstable haste for 2 talent points? 

No.  (compared to Warrior 10% haste for 20 secs per crit hit)

Let it work for at least 10-15 seconds, after using any heal. Then these 2 talent points are at least to moderatley pay off in dungeon and PVP.

Life breather.... let it be instant revive with 80\80 hp\mp. Then perhaps with no high chance any Healers are to spend talents in it.

Intensify spirit..... It seems much pointless and there is nothing much to suggest. Its nither PVP nor PVE talent...the only use is perhaps in Horde mode when aggro goes wrong... but that 1-1.5 hit virtual bonus has actually no effect on messybattle outcome....

Perhaps some 30-40 seconds lasting effect will be considered as any satisfying bonus. 

Body and soul... ohhh... i did show calculations or regen numbers and spending numbers in some now closed topic... nothing more to comment here, since we are having Overmana effect this skills are to be nerfed... but whats the point in having em in talent tree then... some more useful slight bonuses are more welcomed.

Healing touch - changing one use effect to 10 seconds effect perhaps will make it more wanted by some prophets... but not by me anyway.

Force of nature.... nothing to say... battle mechanics do not suppose it to be used at all... so even cooldown reduction wont help.

Infused healing. Cast time reduction by - 0.5 (0.33) seconds per talent point spent will do the job. (all classes will put in getting more chances in pvp) All suffer lack of some fast healing. This will also let templars to be healing themselves a bit. At the same time there should be a Cauterize cut to 200% (250 )basic healing to all classes and +250 (200) healing bonus in Healer tree, perhaps combined with 'warm touch' or 'healing touch'

i would also move +5\10% focused healing deeper in the talent tree and make it 10\20

Edited by ExtremelyPoliteGuy, 01 October 2013 - 14:23.

IGN

Captain Politness lvl 1 War.Ass.Pro.

Man.... its boring!!!!  Lets do some everyday TEAM PVP

#22 Login Out

Login Out

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:05

Come at me, Templar talent: it would be nice instead of 25% had a 50% melee dps as currently (lvl40) with Battlegear set and weapons of TR and a few points in melee, that 25% does not make or tickle enemies.

Dexterous, Ranger talent: I'll be honest here pains me to invest 4 points in this talent for that as well as the talent of assasin (Ambidextrous) which only takes 2 and 1 point more than the rest of the classes for which unless other talents (mental agility, prophecy, battle hardened and stouthearted). Would be nice if required as well as the talent of assasin (2 points and increases haste by 2%)

Talent points are scarce and we must render them guys  :lol:

#23 Majjer

Majjer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Slovakia

Posted 08 October 2013 - 18:04

could templar have 3 slots (10/20/30%) in "sweeping strikes" tanlent instead of current 2?

style5,Majjer.png

#24 ExtremelyPoliteGuy

ExtremelyPoliteGuy

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 October 2013 - 18:53

Returning to the ISSUE of overpowered Ranger dot in PVP, considering upcoming v09  update::

+1 argument to tune it

Ranger actually has 2 DOTs: envenom, described earlier and Blazing Arrow Burning (75% damage for 5 srconds)

So........

As described earlier envenom is a constant-use dot

Lets look at BA:

12 secs cooldown but 6 sec DOT duration seems like constant, but still it is a matter of hit + damage dealt. 

In other words DOT is a function of initial damage which could be 0, 125% DPS or Crit DPS

Lets take some abstract half-naked lvl 40 Ranger, having 1000 DPS and 99% hit chance

The Dot is 0 when he misses (does he often miss in PVP?)

The Dot is 937 per second for 6! seconds when he hits

The dot is  1405 per second for 6 seconds when he critically hits.

now compare that with Envenom described earlier...

any volunteers to PVP with rangers? (excluding overhasted hybryd mages) :D

EDIT:

Noobish drunk me - these 937 and 1405 are to be devided by 6, not being a damage per second, but a damage over 6 decinds. Still Ranger rulez - see PVP testing topic.

Edited by ExtremelyPoliteGuy, 17 October 2013 - 20:07.

IGN

#25 Alpion

Alpion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 October 2013 - 19:12

any volunteers to PVP with rangers? (excluding overhasted hybryd mages) :D

Shush you!

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

#26 ExtremelyPoliteGuy

ExtremelyPoliteGuy

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 October 2013 - 19:51

Shush you!

:D  Its actually a joke - Think Fast talent is not to be considered as stable +10 bonus giving the critical "overhaste effect"... just after using some Dogma perhaps, but not in PVP thing.

IGN

#27 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 October 2013 - 22:14

I was talking about PvP to another player with a very different opinion.  It seems HCS has it fairly well balanced as a rock/paper/scissors.  Apparently, the casters take on the melee types fairly easily.  The ranger eats up casters.  Melee, especially warrior or warrior hybrid, do a job on the rangers.

Are you having problems with other classes?  Or only rangers?  Sorry, but healer > all other classes is not balanced.  If you're only having problems against the ranger, you have nothing to complain about.  Still makes you stronger then 80%.

I really need to get into a team BG to test this for myself.

Edited by Irradiated, 11 October 2013 - 23:08.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#28 ExtremelyPoliteGuy

ExtremelyPoliteGuy

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:11

Melee, especially warrior or warrior hybrid, do a job on the rangers.

Nope, even Full Pure 100% templar does not, not mentioning reduced armor warriors.

IGN

#29 ExtremelyPoliteGuy

ExtremelyPoliteGuy

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:22

Templar PVP\PVE balance tuning.

1) Flame Rush (pvp aspect) currently 125% DPS on hit 12 seconds cooldown.

Since Teplar is thought of as of  all around overheavyarmored hard to kill guy, i have to say that hi is not. Consider ME BE most noobish but Templar Looses to same lvl Ranger due to lack of damage, block, dodge. As described above Rangers DOTs need around 5 seconds to put 7k hp Templar down, and that is not mentioning Blood arrow, Black fang.  

Still no problems with Assasins (mele dodge+block), warriors. Didnt try mages much, but suppose that ignite+rfreball does the trick, being cast from far away.

What i suggest is giving Templar a chance of getting closer to enemy, dealing moderate damage and stunning.

150% DPS, 500% running speed, 1-2 seconds stun on hit + really low 1% chance no kick target down (thats what all these bosses do to us)

2) Jolt. I still tink that Jolt cooldown reduction, as well as minor damage and silence boost talent is needed deep in Templars tree to exclude abuse with warrior  skill (+75 dps +3 silence).

The deeper the down the Tree the more PVP motivation appears due to end-game playstyle. 

Jolt cooldown reduced 5\10

silence +1\+2 

damage +15\+25%

3 PVE.

Its all good, but incredibly slow.

Perhaps letting Spiked armor affect Creeps only as well as returning lesser % of INITIAL damage will do the trick.

I really got confused calculating the damage return, ending up thinking that spiked armor does not work at all...

What i suggest is that 5\10\15\20 % of Initial damage is retured to attacking mob. The average ratio of HP\Dealt damage is around 5 - thus 5000 hp creep is to hit you for 1000... its very approximate, but still. Damage returned is 200 which is 4% or 25 hits -seems fair while average fight is around 8-10 hits (mob does)

not much abuse with bosses since their HP\Damage ratio is higher than ordinary creep.

If these numbers seem too high - they can be halved. But still, even halved, that will make some minor compensation for horrible templar leveling.

Edited by ExtremelyPoliteGuy, 14 October 2013 - 09:27.

IGN

#30 Majjer

Majjer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Slovakia

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:21

my 5 cents (assasin point of view):

http://forums.hunted...021#entry816426

Edited by Majjer, 16 October 2013 - 10:22.

style5,Majjer.png

#31 Majjer

Majjer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Slovakia

Posted 18 October 2013 - 17:57

fx is right pointing to overpowered envenom

W - sear + blazing strike - instant 20% dmg over 10s = 200% dmg over 10 sec

A - rupture + devastating impact - instant 100% dmg + 20% dmg over 10s = 300% dmg over 10 sec

M - boiling blood + boiling point - 2s + 65% dmg over 6 sec = 390% dmg over 8 sec

R - envenom + predatory - instant 84% dmg over 5 sec = 420% dmg over 5 sec

if envenom would be doing that dmg over 10-12 sec it could be acceptable. but having such enormous dmg over 5 sec only (10 sec cooldown and 50% haste it means nonstop dmg) i'm sure its just too much.

Edited by Majjer, 18 October 2013 - 17:58.

style5,Majjer.png

#32 ExtremelyPoliteGuy

ExtremelyPoliteGuy

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 October 2013 - 19:35

fx is  

Lets All be doing more PVPs. :)

The PVP balance thing is easily understandable - the problem is that its less than a month till game release and PVP is a whole messy crap :D due to just A FEW PLAYERS do it on daily baisis, reporting results.

Envenom most problem is that its endless. Even wearing noobish crafted gear, i have 55% haste, letting me do NONSTOP 84% or noobish 930 DPS per second + that herr.... (too long to memorize) ting dealing + 15% constant DPS.

Earlier today i was able to put down shielded prophet 1-4 ans staffed prophet 4 -1. Since Prophet is the most PVP unbalanced bastard to be discussed separatly, ranger seems to be EVEN MORE overpowered now. SO... Envenom cut is needed.

As for Prophet:

- Haste cut needed (that - 6 (3+3) skill and some more for sure due to CC+Prayer constant overuse)

- Increase of CC and prayer cooldowns by some 20% (not more! Further cut will ruin dungeon healing)

PS

Keep on daily PVP guys, i ve chosen to be banned, since i spend too much time here :)  

So in a few hours as an admin gets my mostly unpolite PM i'll be erased. :)

Remember, - trust only those who have practical results, and dont let Eldevin turn to pinky pony & barbie crap :D

Edited by ExtremelyPoliteGuy, 18 October 2013 - 19:57.

IGN

#33 Majorian

Majorian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:06

Could you please have a look at the Warm Touch talent? It seems to me it does nothing but showing an icon.

#34 Majjer

Majjer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Slovakia

Posted 20 October 2013 - 13:31

new neurotoxin idea

style5,Majjer.png

#35 Majjer

Majjer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Slovakia

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:51

i would like to confirm that "blood siphon" talent is exactly as unusable as the description says (and you assume).

total waste of 5 talent points.

style5,Majjer.png

#36 D4VYJONES

D4VYJONES

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 December 2013 - 20:39

I suggest a new talent "Good Djinn" for prophet. Able to summon a Djinn to defend himself/herself but a large portion of damage taken by the Djinn is transferred to the prophet himself/herself. The damage ignore armor because it is transferred through soul connection. There's an upgrade for this talent "Soul Severe", minimize the amount of damage taken.

Edited by D4VYJONES, 09 December 2013 - 11:13.

#37 D4VYJONES

D4VYJONES

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:15

A passive talent for assassin: when moving, increase chance to dodge by 10%.

A passive talent for warrior: when moving, increase chance to ignore "snare" effect.

#38 ZombieFreak

ZombieFreak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 07 January 2014 - 15:39

Okay As Soon as we realize there is no set class. everything works. Take LOAF for example. he Is templar/prophet hybrid. He is a tank in light armor. with shield an 8k hp. and he deals respectable damage to MOBs while holding agro. While mixing classes some random incrediable things turn out.

#39 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 February 2014 - 21:37

From my own experience, as a Prophet, Rejuvinate is rather useless; it does very little healing and it is rather expensive. Even if it had half the cost, I probably would still not use it. I suggest either increasing the rate or the amount healed. It would be a nice skill to have for casting on Templars, but it's just not effective enough.

Ancestral Spirit is also one of those that does not heal often enough, or for a large enough amount. The only people I see using it are new players that are testing it out. You are far better off casting Crimson Chain, or just healing everyone individually with Revitalize is far more useful.

Serenity should unstun an opponent. I have found basically 1 use for serenity during secluded valley, when one of my teammates is put to sleep. Otherwise, I never use it. Why? Because it doesn't help with stun. If it worked with stun I would even invest points into the skills that buff Serenity, however what's the point as it is?

I also think Life Breather is rather pointless to put points in. A Prophet can't afford to spend time Resurrecting an ally instead of healing the team, so it's always a non-prophet player that revives another while the prophet protects them. Furthermore 1-2 seconds off of the skill does not help at all. If it reduced the skill to 4 or 5 seconds, it might be possible to use without letting the rest of the team wipe.

When it comes to the critical hit skills, I do not see any problem with them, provided the stats are right on the tooltips. I very much enjoy having some flexibility with a crit Prophet build, instead of being forced into what everyone else is using.

Thats it! Thanks.

Edited by ComradeLewis, 18 February 2014 - 21:38.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#40 Munnak

Munnak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 17:56

Stun resistence talent to Templars! as tankers we need it and in pvp lower a little the op of mages/prophet.

Example

Name: Stunborn (stubborn joke)

Effect: Cut 50% of the time of any impairing effect.

Talent Tier: 5 ~ 7 (avoiding other classes to have it)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: