51 replies to this topic

#1 AwiesGoesRawr

AwiesGoesRawr

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 01:25

Why?

Well, since there is /dnd, people can hide their real class and just rush without your target even knowing what hit them.

I find it silly that u can even go in with some kind of weird pumpkin heads and flaming skulls, when it is all about PvP. Doesnt that mean that armour which was meant for fighting should be shown?

Idc about vanity elsewhere. I just find it stupid in TA and PvP battlegrounds.

Eldevin Steam-generation.

8080c8f99f8fda986f422fda15784e4b.gif

#2 The Marienne

The Marienne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 02:06

What? Really?

:blink:

Srry but if you cant tell what class someone is when they start to attack you or are running towards you on battleground or in ta you need to spend more time paying attention. Its pretty obvious imo even with vanity...

Edited by The Marienne, 03 April 2015 - 02:10.

#3 HolyGhost

HolyGhost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 02:16

dumb idea

#4 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:23

There are a lot of other problems with PvP before visual problems are talked about..

#5 Auron FFX

Auron FFX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:57

I agree with Mandalore,

One of such problems being noobs being paired against/with a whole group of lvl 40+ and

Classes being unbalanced (being the only dps in a group full of healers, having a group of nothing but tanks, etc.)

• KeS likes this

May the odds be ever in your favor

hWtBGE5.gif
My wiki user page

#6 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 04:09

Domination rules is a whole other mess as well.

#7 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:13

i have to disagree as well; vanity and pvp are compatible.

The world is cruel...as will I....

#8 luke94

luke94

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 03 April 2015 - 07:16

Last time i checked... PvP is meant to be a challenge. We all know their are problems at the moment, but to disable vanity in PvP is pretty stupid and would just make it easier to know who is what class.

If you want to know a bit bout everyone, look around; the people that PvP are pretty much the same and you get to know everyone after a while, i've never been in any PvP match with you nor have I seen you in TA..

Remember the element of surprise is your best friend also, you could vanity up.. it's not a one way system, if you choose not to wear vanity then that's your choice.

EDIT: what's stopping say a ranger wearing mage or melee armour, ok they might not get the bonuses they need and will be disadvantaged.. but isn't this the same as "covering up with vanity" your class by wearing the incorrect armour?

Edited by luke94, 03 April 2015 - 07:51.

• KeS likes this

June 2013 (beta) - July 2017

#9 Falbal

Falbal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 09:56

EDIT: what's stopping say a ranger wearing mage or melee armour, ok they might not get the bonuses they need and will be disadvantaged.. but isn't this the same as "covering up with vanity" your class by wearing the incorrect armour?

Normal morals and decency should be stopping them.

I totally agree with how wrong it is to hide behind vanity. You only show that you are weak and cannot win otherwise. Having to fool people in order to win is pathetic.

#10 luke94

luke94

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 03 April 2015 - 10:24

Normal morals and decency should be stopping them.

I totally agree with how wrong it is to hide behind vanity. You only show that you are weak and cannot win otherwise. Having to fool people in order to win is pathetic.

If someone obtained vanity through events, or bought for gold/ep/traded for other peices why should they be restricted to wear it?

In the example I used, I was showing that wearing a different type of armour to your class is pretty much the same as wearing vanity except you still get stats but no dps benefit..

If you want to describe something as "pathetic" it's this thread trying to disable vanity in PvP just because someone or a few people if there is more cant distinguish what class someone is..

You guys are obviously new to PvP in eldevin and this is a petty thing to complain about and ask for.. how bout asking for balances first before something like this

June 2013 (beta) - July 2017

#11 RISDMAC

RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge
  • Ireland

Posted 03 April 2015 - 11:50

You cant hide behind vanity - your weapon shows up at all time so you can tell what class you are facing that way.

If you cant, well then you need to go learn lol

#12 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 April 2015 - 13:58

You cant hide behind vanity - your weapon shows up at all time so you can tell what class you are facing that way.

If you cant, well then you need to go learn lol

exactly

The world is cruel...as will I....

#13 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 14:02

I don't pvp and all but I kind of doubt this would ever happen anyway because HC has others things way more pressing to attend to then this change and honestly in the games I've played they all had costumes ie vanities we could wear and there weren't any difference in how to tell who was what because of it.  

I guess the issue could be  that because we have /dnd you can't click on them and see what they have on but  then maybe they should just have a way that this is disabled in a pvp zone.  though I don't think that's needed either but just saying lol.

Slow but steady wins the race or something like that.

I'm just taking it slow, not sure about the steady.

*Pre-Steam release Player*

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

#14 AwiesGoesRawr

AwiesGoesRawr

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 16:06

50% of the comments are like 'They have more important things to do!'

Someone point out where I said that this must be fixed immediately. Who are you to tell in which order they should do the things? This is suggestion page, not the 'Make queue for HC devs to follow'

Assasins are able to use both range and melee, which can lead to misleading and u will plan your escape plan wrong. Fights take around 5-10seconds anyways unless one of them tries to run.

Edited by Anakiro, 08 April 2015 - 08:13.
Language

#15 Kijjum

Kijjum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 April 2015 - 16:24

I don't think this will go through as they make vanity specifically for PvP

I wear vanity because it looks cool... I don't think anyone uses vanity as a tactical advantage, and if so, they must be hardcore going down to every aspect they can to win.

#16 AwiesGoesRawr

AwiesGoesRawr

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 16:50

dumb idea

I agree with Mandalore,

One of such problems being noobs being paired against/with a whole group of lvl 40+ and

Classes being unbalanced (being the only dps in a group full of healers, having a group of nothing but tanks, etc.)

i have to disagree as well; vanity and pvp are compatible.

Why?

Why does someone want the vanity in PvP then?

'It looks cool' aint answer.

#17 HolyGhost

HolyGhost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 17:02

Steamers be like
Hurr durr I am bad at PVP I can't tell a mage vs a ranger

#18 LuthorHuss

LuthorHuss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 17:05

Actually, "It looks cool," is the answer, as that's the entire point of vanity items.  I would want to go into PVP looking my best.

What about hybrid classes?  Do those throw people off too?

Actually, "It looks cool," is the answer, as that's the entire point of vanity items.  I would want to go into PVP looking my best.

#19 AwiesGoesRawr

AwiesGoesRawr

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 17:07

Hybrid classes like assasin -> You can see from armour that it is assasin and can use range AND melee. Oh wait, no you can't! Maybe it is warrior or ranger! Well, you will soon find out when he beats stuffing out of you.

and sure, I can tell in global chat that I just got beaten by human sized bunny.

Edited by Anakiro, 08 April 2015 - 08:13.
Language

#20 HolyGhost

HolyGhost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 17:09

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to look at someone's attacks and figure out what class they are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: