Photo

Minddrages discussion: a topic that has never been approached!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Poll: opinions (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Should it be implemented

1. Yes (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

2. No (3 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

3. Yes with changes (4 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

4. Will discuss with you and chose (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 minddrag

minddrag

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Canada

Posted 09 December 2014 - 17:13

Hello again and welcome to my discussion.

The Idea I'm suggesting is... drumroll please!

A forge or a forging ability.

This would be based of the weponsmithing skill and would be tied to fusion powder.  

I'm suggesting this because of something I have seen.  I saw huntoctober or whatever his name with a cool eldevin shield.  It matched his vanity and was cool.  lvl 19 drop.  hunt is lvl 45.  This is also because of other things i have witnessed and because some of these things should be implemented.

With my idea he would be able to upgrade the shield by paying 50 fp for every 5 levels.  So for 200fp (prices can be changed) he would have a lvl 45 shield.  When using this the stats would change to keep with your level.  

Another feature of this forge would be to upgrade random stat rolls.  For a set price (non increasing and same for any equipment) you can upgrade the random stat rolls by 1 level.  I have noticed rolls are kinda like gems.  so you can upgrade for maybe the fusion powder of each gems level and get the stats on your rolls.  So i can upgrade the rolls on a lvl 45 essense to make the rolls better.

Also you can change the rolls for lets say 30fp.  You can change the rolls but it is random.  You pay 30fp to randomize your rolls.  Then you can choose to accept or reject the rolls.  If you reject you get half the fp back or something.  

Also allow purchasing of fp for artisiens and prestige.

That's all for today.  Thank you for reading this.  Remember   discussion.  So reply and comment your views.  And don't forget to hit that like button if your so inclined XD.  THanks again

-Minddrage

Edited by minddrag, 09 December 2014 - 17:18.

2zgi4n8.jpg

My Signature Shop:

https://forums.hunte...e-shop-startup/

#2 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 09 December 2014 - 17:44

I think this could be a good idea - however, I think I would shy away from the idea of using fusion powder, and actually allow gold use for this (maybe even EP).

The ability to upgrade equipment would be cool, but would have to be something to look into. The gear may become equivalent to something around your level (45 right now), which may mean that you don't need to get anything at your level. Upgrading something like a dungeon set from 20 - 45 because you like the look and having equal stats, would really hurt the game, because that would mean even less dungeons would be run or less world bosses are killed. However, bringing in the skills that are used for crafting would be great (Ie you have to be the crafting level of the weapon/armor you want to increase - in your example, level 25,30, etc of weaponsmithing) could maybe "increase" the stats by applying a +1, +2, +3.

Maybe as an additional idea, allowing us the ability to "upgrade" certain pieces (rare armor, or anything under heroic/dungeon) with a cost of materials and gold would be a cool feature to look into. If you find a cool belt that you like around your level, then you would be able to "improve" it so that it becomes more comparable to other gears that are better (heroic/dungeon/world boss, etc). 

The ability to change roll stats would be great, but also use gold here. It would be a great way to sink gold, especially if it's based on how many rolls are on the item. However, I feel like there should be a cooldown associated (otherwise you can re-roll everything quickly with enough gold). I don't know if this cooldown would be overall (one reroll per acct/character for a given time) or a per item (cooldown on weapon but not an armor as an example). 

#3 Major Lag

Major Lag

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 18:10

why not able to fuse items? add magical aura from old wep to new. it is lame every few levels my replaced set gets sold. I 100% agree should be some way ( unlockable at crafting cap or making x number of lvl things )

to upgrade or add some randomness to crafting.

I make 10,000 weps or armors I should be skilled enough to make on on par with dungeon drops random rolls.

#4 minddrag

minddrag

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Canada

Posted 09 December 2014 - 18:34

Yes i nearly wrote gold but a friend told me to use fp.... I don't think should have a cool down... Only If cool down was after 10 times and cooled down as u dos it with increasing Tina after u ise once.. Such as use once 3 min cd but u can use still. At 20m you cannot. 2 min increases each time

2zgi4n8.jpg

My Signature Shop:

#5 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 December 2014 - 18:52

Yes i nearly wrote gold but a friend told me to use fp.... I don't think should have a cool down... Only If cool down was after 10 times and cooled down as u dos it with increasing Tina after u ise once.. Such as use once 3 min cd but u can use still. At 20m you cannot. 2 min increases each time

No it should at least be a significant amount of time. Only because otherwise, you can just reroll to your hearts desire as quickly as possible. The idea behind the cooldown is to make sure that you can't just reroll to get the best stats for an item quickly. If you're willing to reroll, you should be patient. Otherwise, there should be a large increase in possible outcomes for rolls then. Thus creating a bigger gold sink..

As for FP - it's already an extremely hot commodity, and really, while simple to get, requires a lot of time. Fusing gems already takes a large amount of FP, and will continue to do so until players get to supreme (but I still believe that's a decent ways away). 

#6 minddrag

minddrag

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Canada

Posted 09 December 2014 - 18:56

Ok i don't think you understand my suggestion.  I'm proposing that you can change the rolls using this to a roll that you want.  Then you can upgrade the rolls.  The cool-down is for upgrading.  You should be able to switch rolls fast because you need to get the rolls and then upgrade them.  You need cooldown on upgrading not changing rolls.  Their are 2 different options.

2zgi4n8.jpg

My Signature Shop:

#7 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 December 2014 - 19:01

Ok i don't think you understand my suggestion.  I'm proposing that you can change the rolls using this to a roll that you want.  Then you can upgrade the rolls.  The cool-down is for upgrading.  You should be able to switch rolls fast because you need to get the rolls and then upgrade them.  You need cooldown on upgrading not changing rolls.  Their are 2 different options.

Then no - I would not agree to that. I am proposing allowing the chance to re-roll an item to a random stat (possibly better, possibly worst). It shouldn't be easy to pick the best roll on an item or the best roll that is vital to the way that you want to play (PVP/PVE). The randomness will increase the amount of gold needed. 

If you're proposing that you can choose your roll and then upgrade that roll - I would say that's a no in my book. It's just far too easy to abuse and way too quick to get an item that is extremely overpowered. 

And I do not agree with the idea of using Artisan or Prestige points for gaining Fusion Powder.

Edited by Kedyn, 09 December 2014 - 19:02.

#8 minddrag

minddrag

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Canada

Posted 09 December 2014 - 19:08

im saying you have starter rolls.  you can change the rolls easily.  but their really low.  then you can upgrade them.  when you upgrade them it could get harder each time.  Like i get a wepon with +15 crit.  then i switch roll to +72 spell power or somthing.  then i can upgrade it to +100 spell power and keep upgrading

2zgi4n8.jpg

My Signature Shop:

#9 minddrag

minddrag

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Canada

Posted 09 December 2014 - 19:09

you see this is why i want fp because its kinda hard to get so its better than gold.  allows it to not be op but have us able to get better weapons

2zgi4n8.jpg

My Signature Shop:

#10 GrimMail

GrimMail

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 19:30

Well on the topic...kind of...Why not just have vanity weapon slots added ._.

#11 minddrag

minddrag

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Canada

Posted 09 December 2014 - 19:34

i suggested that earlier and didnt get anything said back by cows... and i would like to upgrade weapons also anyways so... their both on the table... note: i was first to suggest vanity weps (see one of my rants where i talk about it)

2zgi4n8.jpg

My Signature Shop:

#12 Jorlas

Jorlas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 23:20

How about a convert to vanity option. Trade a little ep to turn normal equip into a vanity item.

Wouldn't hurt the vanity market and could generate some ep for the cows.

#13 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:45

I voted yes with changes.

Sorry to disappoint, but the idea of reforging and/or improving stats has been approached more then once.  I don't feel like digging, but somewhere there is an old post with some very good ideas that should be incorporated.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#14 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 16:04

So,you pay fp to upgrade your gear.If so then no,we need less reasons to not train crafting not more.

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Best Tv Shows-Gotham,Flash,Arrow,TheBlackList,TheLastShip. :D

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#15 minddrag

minddrag

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Canada

Posted 13 December 2014 - 14:37