BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 December 2010 - 14:48

Hi there Everyone.

With further requests for higher level Intensifier but without the credit gain, we have removed the credit gain increase from Intensifier altogether. From now on, you will get standard levels of creds and increased Xp.

With this change, we intend to introduce higher levels of Intensifier to the game to help with the leveling side of the game.

*Edit*

Due to feedback, the Coders and I have had a chat and decided to return to the Accelerator idea.

We shall be returning cred gain to Intensifier and introducing Accelerator which will target Xp only.

If both Buffs are active, the Accelerator takes priority, increasing Xp gain for the appropriate Energy cost, then Int with increase energy and Credit gain according to it's level. Xp gain will not activate as you already have Accelerator.

~ The Sigmastorm 2 Team

#2 RD1542

RD1542

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 14:56

will the skill bar increase at the same speed?

will be nice to have higher levels of int out there, lots and lots of new content to play with..

you guys have been doing great lately : )

#3 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 14:57

wow another major tweak. hmm will make cr rare and will bring down fc price a lot. interesting ..... I am sure it will some people happy but many less so. hmmn you may want to poll this in game. I know some of the higher lvl wants it, but this affects lot of lower lvl who probably will hate it.

#4 EdTheHead

EdTheHead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 15:11

I think this change should have been made when you add higher INTs, so far we lose something but gain nothing?

PS It would have made more sense to add high DP stims for sale that way all players would be happy.

#5 Phyrexia

Phyrexia

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 15:12

AHH!!! have to buy credits for FC asap :-)

(all gone, wasn't me btw- hope HCS did that or we will have another biollionaire)

*removed the nice here* change, let's see what happens to credit overall balance

#6 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 December 2010 - 15:28

will the skill bar increase at the same speed?
you guys have been doing great lately : )

It will, yes. The only thing changed is that Creds are no longer multiplied.

And thanks! :mrgreen:

I know some of the higher lvl wants it, but this affects lot of lower lvl who probably will hate it.

How I look at this is as such : The Creds dropped by Entities was increased ages ago. So you get quite a bit of Creds anyway. If you run with Intensifier active, then you're saving creds as you are not having to Repair anywhere close to as often as you hunt to level.

I think this change should have been made when you add higher INTs, so far we lose something but gain nothing?

I intend to add a new Int Stim in this week. Just wanted a bit of feedback first. I know everyone except Badlands liked the idea of a Slaughterfest prize. I was wondering what everyone would think of a Blueprint and a new Part or Resource as prizes that are combined with the current highest Int Stim. This keeps the need for the previous one while allowing access to a higher one if required.

Thoughts?

#7 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 15:41

well, cr market is down to 40k already. :) my guess is that it will stabilize at 30k.

I've been asking for some form of SF stim. blueprint will be great. lower cr market will make it tougher for join some of the SF though LOL. this change already has far reaching consequence :D

#8 EdTheHead

EdTheHead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 15:42

Interesting Question: Will the price of BP's and Parts be adjusted also, as this will affect the game for some when you're low on credits?

#9 MaximusGR

MaximusGR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 15:48

This is a very positive change towards moderating influx of credits in game, thumbs up cows!

Regarding the way the new higher level INT stims could be introduced, i am sceptic towards binding them to slaughterfest prizes..Primarily because SF's schedules require high commitment to partake that i believe most of us cant always follow with jobs, school, uni and other activities every day. Secondly, one of the key factors in being effective in a SF is connection speed, therefore a prtion of players will always have the upper hand in a resource such valuable as higher level INT stims.

What i think is the best way to introduce them would be adding a number of components scattered across lower level maps(same way LE items are assembled). Thus we have an energy sink as effective as a SF but allowing at the same time everyone to have equal access to the new INT.

#10 EdTheHead

EdTheHead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 15:48

I intend to add a new Int Stim in this week. Just wanted a bit of feedback first. I know everyone except Badlands liked the idea of a Slaughterfest prize. I was wondering what everyone would think of a Blueprint and a new Part or Resource as prizes that are combined with the current highest Int Stim. This keeps the need for the previous one while allowing access to a higher one if required.

Thoughts?

No to SF if content will continue to be pumped out fast
Yes to a blueprint combined with the MK3 Int or maybe blueprints where 2 MK3 become a x6 and 3 MK3 become a x9 so that MK3's maintain value while not having to come up with ideas of items to combine :?:

#11 RD1542

RD1542

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 15:49

have mixed thoughts on the slaughterfests as resources for the parts for stims, would they use SF points that are already out there? or would it be added. the unfortunate thing about the SF's is that they are very very energy intensive, and therefor may not ever be as popular as they could be, have you considered a reduced energy rate for movements in the SF's or even a faction structure that will reduce movement costs? this might add the spice you are looking for to get the SF's moving again..

how about adding a creature that spawns randomly in the realms, sort of like a SE i guess. one that drops resources for high level stims? something challenging, something for factions to use their high group for, and to not reduce the value of the AR stims, make sure they use components from AR as well.

#12 mistzabuza

mistzabuza

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 15:52

oo good no creds :) good idea :lol: and wrong int will be sla reward :cry: think about us who doesn't want kill humans for living :) and still wona big xp ...

#13 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 15:53

More partial equilibrium analysis. This is hard to read in a general sense.

First, the ability to add higher level INT stims is good.

Second, higher level stims with higher skill power boxes devs into not being able to create squad required mobs without creating a single class (purist) solo situation.

Third, badlands wasn't the only one that thought SF locked leveling advantages were bad.

Finally, I think this has major implications. A question not yet asked is what happened to the buff? This can actually create an interesting dynamic if the buff retains credit gain.

#14 ss_fenix13

ss_fenix13
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2010 - 15:57

Like the update to intensifier but one slight problem. Today a higher level player in my guild hunted with just over 3K energy. Due to the fact that 3K energy takes time to hunt through he used intensifier 150. By the end of his hunt he had barely made enough credits to buy all the parts and blueprints needed to complete the areas missions. Due to this change, the price on mission items and blueprints should probably be lowered.

#15 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 16:00

thanks BG. my cr gain upgrade is worth something again :D.

#16 RD1542

RD1542

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 16:00

thanks BG. my cr gain upgrade is worth something again :D.

that is near the funniest thing i have seen on the forums yet. !!

#17 ss_br549

ss_br549
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2010 - 16:07

Don't like the change used to take me about 9 kills to get enough creidts to buy intensifier now it around 75 kills

#18 iut044

iut044

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 December 2010 - 16:07

Interesting Question: Will the price of BP's and Parts be adjusted also, as this will affect the game for some when you're low on credits?

agreed BigGrim can you tweak the prices of items ?

#19 EdTheHead

EdTheHead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 16:10

Don't like the change used to take me about 9 kills to get enough creidts to buy intensifier now it around 75 kills

If credits are an issue you may want to avoid using the intensifier as you will get more credits by not using it.

#20 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 16:10

agreed BigGrim can you tweak the prices of items ?

why? we actually had it worse before the cr drop increase. you can still hunt 1x and make more than enough cr. using intensifier is a previlige and has associated cost now. hmm, 2x intensifier may be intersting to have as a compromise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: