18 replies to this topic

#1 Alphamale

Alphamale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 19:02

Hello

May i congratulate you again on a magnificent fix.

• Empathy no longer treat heals as damage to the caster.

I must admit the change is so much better!

To bad you fucked something up in the meanwhile with empathy, I can't even keep the aggro of my healers 5 sec after empathy runs out. This way resulting in whipe city. A crit healer no longer works. 

Which brings me again to the same point: You're always saying you test stuff before implementing it. 

I haven't even tried to run another ASV with someone else as i just raged and quit for good this time I guess... 

Fact remains that templar just keep having issues. Templar and healers already are the most needed class ingame and you guys just lost another one... I just hope you guys start thinking about templar regarding fixes... The class is on the edge of enjoyable and pure agony... I'm sure it probly is only a small failure in the new empathy but every small change we as tanks feel so hard...

And I find it hard to believe the added talents (Born for combat) and Fortified (100% bonus threath) work properly as I should be generating 2.5x or 3x more aggro as healers/dps (the 2.5-3x is depending on how the extra %s work)

Also make threath understandable, because atm I as one of the better tanks around (Don't care if it sounds cocky) Don't even understand how the bonus talents work in reliance to defensive stance and even the way empathy transfers aggro like the 50% I get from it, Does it also take talents/stance in account?

Liberae sunt nostrae cogitationes, Lex Talionis

If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge? - William shakespeare

/Glenn aka Alphadouche

#2 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 19:52

Empathy transfers 50% treat in this case i was emped but mobs still came after me.

wich is imposiible cause all aggro tanks get from empathy should be 1.5 cause of born for combat.

so its broken for sure.

One day 2 tanks down...

ALSO i would like to request that you give us the treat formula so we can calculate when something does not seen right

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#3 Simeonus

Simeonus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Poland

Posted 21 June 2014 - 20:06

Signed. Fix it..

Being tank is hard enough, noone really want do it and you make all these remaining tanks want to quit.

Fable quit, Raziel quit, Dasan want to quit, B' will respec or quit too. Only left like 2-3 good tanks. Good Job Devs!

Edited by Simeonus, 21 June 2014 - 20:07.

#4 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 20:42

Which brings me again to the same point: You're always saying you test stuff before implementing it. 

I haven't even tried to run another ASV with someone else as i just raged and quit for good this time I guess... 

Fact remains that templar just keep having issues. Templar and healers already are the most needed class ingame and you guys just lost another one... I just hope you guys start thinking about templar regarding fixes... The class is on the edge of enjoyable and pure agony... I'm sure it probly is only a small failure in the new empathy but every small change we as tanks feel so hard...

And I find it hard to believe the added talents (Born for combat) and Fortified (100% bonus threath) work properly as I should be generating 2.5x or 3x more aggro as healers/dps (the 2.5-3x is depending on how the extra %s work)

Also make threath understandable, because atm I as one of the better tanks around (Don't care if it sounds cocky) Don't even understand how the bonus talents work in reliance to defensive stance and even the way empathy transfers aggro like the 50% I get from it, Does it also take talents/stance in account?

The top 4 of the 7 tanks, no the top 4 of the remaining 7 tanks geared for ASV left in 1 week,... great job as always.

We now suspect, no that was weeks ago, we now fully realize HCS *never* tests anything out, the player base is just guinea pigs for them, and the game is clearly still in beta-test.

And the request for making talent descriptions easier to understand especially threat has been brought up several times before.  But as usual, HCS just chooses to ignore anything they want to.  It seems they want the player base to report, each talent by talent, and make up the correct descriptions for them, and they will use that as material for their next update.  I found 2 more wrong descriptions in prophet talent, but at this point, I can't be fucked to report them anymore.  What's the point?  

This thread will be removed due to "quit threads are illegal" (how suspicious/confident btw), but the points still stand.

Farewell to all the good tanks in the game.

Edited by Alteration, 21 June 2014 - 20:49.

#5 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 21 June 2014 - 21:07

I will continue to tank on my alt, I find it an enjoyable difference from playing sin all the time. Almost geared up for ASV too.

One tank here who wont quit...

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#6 Dasan

Dasan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 21:30

Tested it and tanking is very smoothly now, cry fix is very good and can rotate it on bosses with taunt, and no problems with reseting aggro . No idea what was ur problem with emph Alpha, but for me it was same like earlier.

Edited by Dasan, 21 June 2014 - 21:32.

#7 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 21:34

Tested it and tanking is very smoothly now, cry fix is very good and can rotate it on bosses with taunt, and no problems with reseting aggro . No idea what was ur problem with emph Alpha, but for me it was same like earlier.

So odd i cant explain i maxed as i did you you. 

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

#8 Crofil

Crofil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 21 June 2014 - 21:45

:(

Crofil - 49  O=(`-`Q)

l0rdka0s - 49 Tank

Ridcully - 49 healer

Liforc - 49 Ranger

Nihilus - 49 Warsin

+ others

#9 Alphamale

Alphamale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 21:46

Did you have a 1.9k and a 2k dps war sin with you?

Liberae sunt nostrae cogitationes, Lex Talionis

If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge? - William shakespeare

/Glenn aka Alphadouche

#10 Doja

Doja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 21:47

In other news, my value in Eldevin just increased 1000%.

Doja - Level 47

Spellthor - Level 47

Deadeye - Level 36

Deputy_Junior - Level 26

Mike_Rotch - Level 24

#11 Dasan

Dasan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 21:54

To bad you fucked something up in the meanwhile with empathy, I can't even keep the aggro of my healers 5 sec after empathy runs out. This way resulting in whipe city. A crit healer no longer works. 

i thought u got problem with heal aggro? I never got problems keeping aggro on war/sin after impale fix, so i think it will be same now too.

#12 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 21:58

I don't know why they are so (seemingly) apposed to giving a late tree talent to boost Templar dps (or even mid tree) if Templar could get more dps he would 1st hold threat better 2nd be a more fun class to play so more people would choose it.

idk but seems it would help fix a LOT of issues we're having with Templar. granted some cry "tanks shouldn't have dps" but first... why not? if they are willing to sacrifice some armor or hp or block or both or all 3 then let them... 2nd Templar doesn't mean you're locked into a tank Templar is just a tank possible class no class is really (or shouldn't be anyway) locked into one specific roll so why not give this a shot and get some more fun factor to Templar build

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#13 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 23:20

The top 4 of the 7 tanks, no the top 4 of the remaining 7 tanks geared for ASV left in 1 week,... great job as always.

We now suspect, no that was weeks ago, we now fully realize HCS *never* tests anything out, the player base is just guinea pigs for them, and the game is clearly still in beta-test.

And the request for making talent descriptions easier to understand especially threat has been brought up several times before.  But as usual, HCS just chooses to ignore anything they want to.  It seems they want the player base to report, each talent by talent, and make up the correct descriptions for them, and they will use that as material for their next update.  I found 2 more wrong descriptions in prophet talent, but at this point, I can't be fucked to report them anymore.  What's the point?  

This thread will be removed due to "quit threads are illegal" (how suspicious/confident btw), but the points still stand.

Farewell to all the good tanks in the game.

ITS unbelivable tazz farewell has already been locked ... and about SOMETHING important they dont say anything

TANKS are leaving the game YOUR game is dying HCS do you think steam will save you?

Tank is a very unrewarding class to play, do something.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

#14 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 21 June 2014 - 23:38

think that is issue! there War/sin threath cuator is brocken!

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#15 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 00:38

Empathy transfers 50% treat in this case i was emped but mobs still came after me.

wich is imposiible cause all aggro tanks get from empathy should be 1.5 cause of born for combat.

so its broken for sure.

One day 2 tanks down...

ALSO i would like to request that you give us the treat formula so we can calculate when something does not seen right

HCS if you have time to lock a farewell post you most surelly have time to explain how did this happen. and tell us the formula on how aggro is generated

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

#16 Cygnus

Cygnus

Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 June 2014 - 19:34

The only things that's changed with Empathy is the heals not getting treated as damage in the transfer. The Aggro % should be behaving the same as before. When tested this hasn't affected the bonus Aggro generated.

However it seems that Born For Combat or Fortified have never been applying any bonuses to the threat generated via Empathy which may explain a lot. No clue if this is a mistake or intentional but it seems off.

Aggro really isn't the complex thing folk seem to think it is. It's based on damage and healing, plus bonuses or reductions coming from snare/stun/silence and talents. Taunts are the only special case I can think of.

#17 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 21:29

aye and all bonus's Templar's get are % based so they first get an amount of threat based off their dps which is minimal then get % boosts to that....

% boost of nothing is still nothing....  so there needs to be something reworked there.   either change threat generation (which solves nothing but the tanking roll) or give Templar some dps options at the reduction of other stats (which fixes tank problems by generating more base threat aswell as fixes Templar making them more fun and more likely played)

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#18 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:58

The only things that's changed with Empathy is the heals not getting treated as damage in the transfer. The Aggro % should be behaving the same as before. When tested this hasn't affected the bonus Aggro generated.

However it seems that Born For Combat or Fortified have never been applying any bonuses to the threat generated via Empathy which may explain a lot. No clue if this is a mistake or intentional but it seems off.

Aggro really isn't the complex thing folk seem to think it is. It's based on damage and healing, plus bonuses or reductions coming from snare/stun/silence and talents. Taunts are the only special case I can think of.

LOL i though the transfer of empathy would then get an extra 50% (because treat of talents as the tooltip says) on tank .

Its still 50% so i dont know how with empathy tanks loose aggro to me when i crit cc-dp-cc any ideas?

Edited by Susej, 24 June 2014 - 08:59.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

#19 Cygnus

Cygnus

Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:06

aye and all bonus's Templar's get are % based so they first get an amount of threat based off their dps which is minimal then get % boosts to that....

% boost of nothing is still nothing...

Agreed Templar dps being low (the tradeoff for being one handed melee) means the base value is low.

We're looking through the talent trees at the moment actually to figure out what needs to be improved/replaced, Templars are getting a lot of attention in this.

Anyway more on topic. After more checking the threat boosting talents are kicking in like they should but threat values are still off. What's happening is one bonus is overwriting the other instead of adding on top (usually Defensive Stance will overwrite Born for Combat). The issue doesn't exist when using Born for Combat or Defensive Stance individually.

This is definitely getting fixed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: