• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 moneypants

moneypants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 14 November 2020 - 19:04

Like being able to take a relic 5 times before having to remake another group?

take a look i failed 3 times then on the 4th got it. 

in the old way id need to wait for guild mates to come online this is so busted 

so if i fail i get another 4 free chances wtf!!!!

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot 2020-11-15 080009.png

#2 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 14 November 2020 - 19:29

if you dont fail can take up to 10 relics ,its a great update 

5aZzW0p.png,

#3 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 14 November 2020 - 19:59

being able to take a relic 5 times before having to remake another group?

did you upgrade to 5/5 on the upgrades page?

edit: the upgrades page starts at 0/5 ... assuming the default is 1/5, if i upgrade 5 times = 6/6 groups?

giphy.gif

Edited by duktayp, 14 November 2020 - 20:08.

#4 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 14 November 2020 - 20:13

its a great update 

no, makes this game crazytown

#5 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 14 November 2020 - 20:36

edit: the upgrades page starts at 0/5 ... assuming the default is 1/5, if i upgrade 5 times = 6/6 groups?

if you buy all 5 can get 10 groups ,you get the 1st 5 free

default is 5/5

Edited by activeh1, 14 November 2020 - 20:36.

5aZzW0p.png,

#6 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 15 November 2020 - 17:48

Like being able to take a relic 5 times before having to remake another group?

take a look i failed 3 times then on the 4th got it. 

in the old way id need to wait for guild mates to come online this is so busted 

so if i fail i get another 4 free chances wtf!!!!

if you doing upgrade you can doing 1 group relic capturing 10 times lol

yes it becoming more stupider but what can you doing, nobody understanding why hcs doing but they doing it

problem is how long it will taking hcs to fix bad update relic they doing, will it taking years like pvp protection on ladder?

#7 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 15:40

mho

the problem is not a chance to attack 5+ relics. it is the ability to hit the same relic many times in a short period of time.

the old way still would have same problem, just form many groups.

what about a delay between attacks on same relic by same guild?

#8 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 23 November 2020 - 15:53

mho

the problem is not a chance to attack 5+ relics. it is the ability to hit the same relic many times in a short period of time.

the old way still would have same problem, just form many groups.

what about a delay between attacks on same relic by same guild?

There has never really been any delay outside of the time it takes to fill a group.  In an active guild, this time period is still a matter of minutes at the most to fill a new group when the first attempt fails.   This is only gonna happen if a relic is properly defended anyway.  An under-defended relic won't take all 5 groups to be taken.

The way I see it, if you value your relics, you defend them properly.  I.E Man the relic.  This means everybody should be on the relic in a proper offline kit (this does not mean epics, people, it means a defensive setup).  So, if it takes 5 (or 10 if somebody upgraded) tries for somebody to steal it, that's 5 (or 10) Defender of the Realm medal ticks.  Seems to me if they need to use all those groups only to fail, it means the defending guild is doing something right.  Isn't that a good thing?  And does it really matter that they had the convenience of not having to make a new group for every single try? 

Edited by BadPenny, 23 November 2020 - 15:58.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#9 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 16:54

Relic captures are too easy, even if you are defending.  This "update" just highlights the cows lack of knowledge of their own game mechanics but they have have decided to dig in and keep it regardless of player feedback.  It's here to stay so you might as well accept it.

Screenshot everything!

#10 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 23 November 2020 - 17:23

Relic captures are too easy, even if you are defending.  This "update" just highlights the cows lack of knowledge of their own game mechanics but they have have decided to dig in and keep it regardless of player feedback.  It's here to stay so you might as well accept it.

Sure do miss those old school relic wars.....

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#11 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 20:22

taking of relics has prestige along with se/titan hunting. there is presumed skill involved in even taking abandoned relics.

this ability to constantly attack the same relic, to win by chance, removes the image of prestige. it is more akin to gambling. didn't win? try one more time. try again.

#12 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 20:35

That's the way it's been for a long time, you just had to form separate groups to do it.  Just before the "update", it took me 3 tries to take a relic from someone fully geared and buffed with epic pots.  I only had 2 others in my group, I just had to get the right buff combinations to activate in my favor.  Easy peasy and not very prestigious if you ask me.  Make relics difficult to take and then there might be some level of prestige in it but now there's even less skill involved than there ever was.  It's basically just who wants to put forth the effort to be the one to have taken it last.

Screenshot everything!

#13 Grumpy Grey

Grumpy Grey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 22:06

Perhaps the Update was designed so people start playing the game instead of idling and waiting to build stam forever. :blink: 
Regardless it certainly has piqued  interest and instigated some discussion not to mention more activity in game

#14 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 13:37

as an aside issue, it would be nice if the right of taking of relics can be limited by guild rankings.

also, imho.

[edit: pls note, this is a change to my prior position of letting any guild member having the honor of taking relics. i did not understand how valuable relic slots are. also, i did not know about being selective in choosing the relic that fit the needs of the guild. ]

Edited by michael65, 30 November 2020 - 19:44.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: