56 replies to this topic

#21 Nemesis

Nemesis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 17:24

Sick update :D

One last suggestion that I might add is that the crystals wears off and disappear after a year or two when equipped. Would make us keep hunting crystals forever :D

#22 CroFighter

CroFighter

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Croatia

Posted 30 January 2014 - 19:54

Sick update :D

One last suggestion that I might add is that the crystals wears off and disappear after a year or two when equipped. Would make us keep hunting crystals forever :D

for god's sake's. dont even take in consideration this. xD dont even read it! :P

28b79k6.gif

#23 Noodle

Noodle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 20:41

Bloody awesome!

Love that removing a crystal drops a level on the item as well, makes it so you need to plan ahead a little bit :-]

#24 Kruxx

Kruxx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 31 January 2014 - 00:55

This seems to have a lot of potential, to create all sorts of work and effort on the part of the players. As well as provide motivation that can show results even for casual players, as well as those who are extremely active.

The one thing I'd like to see on top of this, or after the initial release of this, is some content. By content I don't just mean some NPCs to kill for drops. How about some expansion to the story that this game surrounds? Maybe another location section with some interation, or as mentioned or teased before, another Hive. The chance for a different WL, or additions/expansions to the WL.

This game is still largely unique by the standards set in the current web browser games or facebook games available. Anything to keep it growing, or provide story and content, keeps people interested.

#25 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:11

With this upgrade though,  it has made cbomb and railgun much more valuable and csword and ammulets much less so.    oh well.    would be nice if we can trade in csword into cbomb or railgun for free. 

with 5 gears, you are taking about 20 slot total.  does the crystal affect the item stat only or full stat? I am assuming full stats, but not clear to me.    if it is full stat,    20 slot  200% dmg if all perfect fire, which is bit crazy.      if it is just item, then it is different, but then  adding crystals to addon is pretty much a waste.

can you clarify this a bit?  thanks.

Edited by centurion, 31 January 2014 - 06:05.

#26 Food

Food

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:51

I love this, looking forward to seeing this implemented.

#27 Pimp

Pimp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:33

Look absolutely amazing, can't wait to see it come to fruition :D

#28 HanzoRazor

HanzoRazor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 19:42

With this upgrade though,  it has made cbomb and railgun much more valuable and csword and ammulets much less so.    oh well.    would be nice if we can trade in csword into cbomb or railgun for free. 

with 5 gears, you are taking about 20 slot total.  does the crystal affect the item stat only or full stat? I am assuming full stats, but not clear to me.    if it is full stat,    20 slot  200% dmg if all perfect fire, which is bit crazy.      if it is just item, then it is different, but then  adding crystals to addon is pretty much a waste.

can you clarify this a bit?  thanks.

My assumption was the crystals affected the stats on the item they were placed on.

#29 Jaxel

Jaxel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 31 January 2014 - 19:50

SWEET!! It is wonderful to see that you listen to your players in that way! Very nice work Zorg! <3

#30 msfyt

msfyt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 22:16

First time caller long time listener.

Great will be a awesome update to the game, also gives use to items we already have

#31 Anialator

Anialator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Badge
  • Lao People's Democratic Republic

Posted 31 January 2014 - 23:45

So i've been thinking about the numbers here and it occurs to me:

Say I put 4 perfect orange crystals on a Scythe. That increases the melee skill of that weapon by 40% from 40 to 56. An increase of 16 compared to the 450+ points we already have. That's about 3.55% change in stats per weapon I believe?

Damage on the other hand, makes a difference of 40% per weapon because your weapons are your only source of damage.

On average it takes about 4 or 5 successful hits with a Scythe to take down an avatar, who tend to have about 240 - 300 HP. I am not sure how skill translates to chance to damage, I would guess increasing the skill by x% increases chance to damage by x%. A 40% increase in damage makes it 3 - 4 hits to kill the same avatar instead. The increased skill is unlikely to on average make an additional damaging hit per fight, and so makes the use of fires the outrageously obvious choice, which wont lead to the variation we want.

So long story short Aaron seems to be more on the right path for the percentages damage should increase by but it could be good to give it a test to see how fights seem to play out.

Edited by Anialator, 31 January 2014 - 23:57.

2zges12.jpg

Anialator - (War Master of The Chapter - Legacy Online)

#32 HanzoRazor

HanzoRazor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 23:59

So i've been thinking about the numbers here and it occurs to me:

Say I put 4 perfect orange crystals on a Scythe. That increases the melee skill of that weapon by 40% from 40 to 56. An increase of 16 compared to the 450+ points we already have. That's about 3.55% change in stats per weapon I believe?

Damage on the other hand, makes a difference of 40% per weapon because your weapons are your only source of damage.

On average it takes about 4 or 5 successful hits with a Scythe to take down an avatar, who tend to have about 240 - 300 HP. I am not sure how skill translates to chance to damage, I would guess increasing the skill by x% increases chance to damage by x%. A 40% increase in damage makes it 3 - 4 hits to kill the same avatar instead. The increased skill is unlikely to on average make an additional damaging hit per fight, and so makes the use of fires the outrageously obvious choice, which wont lead to the variation we want.

This is why I suggested halving or even quartering the value for damage (fire crystals), it would keep it in line with the other items.  Further changing the percentage to flat bonuses on the attributes, melee/defense, and armor would keep them a bit higher, while not being op.  

Alternately making them all flat bonuses +1-+5 depending on quality would be a solid addition but not overpowered.  +20 damage, both minimum, and maximum, for maxing out a damage scythe would be nice without being ridiculous.  +20 dodge or accuracy on the same would be pretty desirable as well. +10 damage and +10 melee would essentially make a current cblade an improvement over the current scythe.

Pretty much all it comes down to is fire crystals need to be nerfed a bit however zorg wants to accomplish it.  Again the general plan is great though, balance issues aside this is probably the best way to achieve the variation your asking about ani.

Edited by HanzoRazor, 01 February 2014 - 00:01.

#33 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:34

if you want simplicity, I think flat bonus makes more sense and it would make addons more useful.     with 20 slot,  it would allow us to have fairly unique setup   even with smaller flat bonus.        (dmg could be +1/lvl)  acc/dod could be +2 /lvl,  abilities  +5 or so  similar to what we get in the abilities bonus)   instead of 4 lvl, I would actually make 5 lvl per crystal.   no crystal plus 4.

#34 LegacyPie

LegacyPie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:07

Posted by Zorg
At this point you can start farming Crystals from the entities in preparation for future updates but the new crystals will serve no purpose.

This is so ambiguous, are new crystals dropped pointless, whereas old ones are fine?

I think this means the new ones are pointless until the rest of the system is implemented and they have a use in being added to items.

#35 Lawy

Lawy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 13:50

http://www.legacy-ga...ugg&t=21590&p=0 woooo finally breaking up the monotony !

#36 Zorg

Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 February 2014 - 18:31

Guessing nobody has noticed yet but the February 5th 2014 update is already live on the Development server for testing!

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#37 CroFighter

CroFighter

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Croatia

Posted 01 February 2014 - 20:41

Item Found : Yellow Crystal.
The item has been added to your inventory.

i've noticed :)

28b79k6.gif

#38 LegacyPie

LegacyPie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 23:40

Guessing nobody has noticed yet but the February 5th 2014 update is already live on the Development server for testing!

Any way we can get a free boost to level 80? I know this has been asked a lot in the past but I'd love to help test.

#39 Tibos

Tibos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:17

I'm with ChrisWins on this. I'd love to test,  but the fact that i have to grind for 80 levels and who knows how many credits for items before i can start to test is daunting. An interface to edit your own character on the development server would be nice. Obviously not a priority, but it would help with the actual testing...

#40 Nemesis

Nemesis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:35

Will the NPC's have a chance to drop all the different crystal types? That is shard, small, medium, large, and perfect, or is it just shard and small?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: