• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 kancaras

kancaras

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 18:08

It has a high drop rate and theres an abundance of them. Make it a bit of a challenge to get that helmet. There also could be a throwing weapon(1hander for ranged) in a shop that requries both relics and remnants. Also lvl 30 dungeon .. balance flake requirements.. or its drop rates .. or somethng..

Edited by kancaras, 25 January 2014 - 18:09.

#2 Koslov

Koslov

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Malta

Posted 25 January 2014 - 18:11

I gotta agree the remnants drop rate is high. And it's not much of a challenge to get the helmet.
As I Ranger I have to agree again with the throwing weapons, would be pretty cool :)

0_0_zpse03cd7bc.jpg

#3 Vitt

Vitt

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 18:51

You wont be saying that for lvl 40 instance

#4 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 January 2014 - 18:52

was just thinking that haha

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#5 Vitt

Vitt

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 18:52

40 gears are like 20 remnants a piece. and only 3 bosses from what I remember been awhile since I ran tr been waiting for update to come out before I start playing again. 

40 gears are like 20 remnants a piece. and only 3 bosses from what I remember been awhile since I ran tr been waiting for update to come out before I start playing again. 

#6 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 January 2014 - 18:55

You know in theory you can run an instance a million times and never win a loot roll for a remnant?  :D

I think they drop rate is fine, come level 50 we might need 100 of them per helmet! or even more.

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#7 Vitt

Vitt

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 18:59

From the way the dungeons look starting at lvl 5 and to 40 I think the 45 dungeon will have more bossess and easier to get the relics/remnants but the 50 dungeon will probably be like another tr... if worse only 1 boss with like 5m hp or something like that.. Haha.. Remember first time we all get into tr and was like what mobs with 50-80k hp and bosses with 755k hp. I excited to see how the hp with bosses are and mobs in 45-50 dungeons :P

#8 Vitt

Vitt

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 19:04

Unless! which I doubt will happen since there are 45/50 dungeons that they might have another armor set crafted only like the lvl 30 which will take a insanely amount of the larger flakes haha that would be interesting.

Though!! since gems can be infused to higher tier... I think flakes should be able to aswell if they aren't already that I know of.

#9 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 25 January 2014 - 19:09

You usually run an intance in a group of 5 everyone needs the same amount of remnants. Thats a whole lot of runs when its 3-4 remnants per run.

And as mentioned, you need more and more remnants for higher level gear.

Edited by Zook, 25 January 2014 - 19:10.

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#10 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 20:00

yeah no remnenants change... sure it might be somewhat easy to get the helm but you also need them for the crafted weapons..  so 20 for helm, 20 for melee weapon, 20 for ranged weapon (and if tank, or dual wield) 20 more for shield OR 2nd melee weapon.....

so need 60-80 remnents at 3 per run assuming you get all 3 thats still 20-25 runs needed.. now take into the reality that you will never win all three infact be lucky to win 1 per run that starts to get into 100+ runs just for your 3-4 items.

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#11 kancaras

kancaras

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:10

so they should only decrease remnant drop till lvl 35, no problem. i also thought about lvl 30 gear balancing. with these flake requirments, flakes should be droped by every sv or garai boss, not just the last one. so people wouldnt need to solo grind those boring boondocks. mmo is all about masive multiplayer not solo.

Edited by kancaras, 30 January 2014 - 12:10.

#12 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:57

I'm attempting to get my level 40 armor from TR runs and needing flakes and remnants and Eldevin God knows what...are you kidding me? lower the drop rate? First off, I'm lucky if anyone will even drag my ranger butt through because no one really cares about my DPS.  They want healers and tanks, not rangers with cute bluppity heads.  Then add in the guild factor that the prophets and templars are mega busy helping their own guild members first... I'm beyond fortunate if I get a TR run let alone a drop of any sort.  Frustration looms...

8TLwd.jpg

#13 kancaras

kancaras

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 15:04

lvl 40 is another discusion. its end game so its very very different. i think there should be 1 easy dungeon and 1 hard dungeon for lvl 40 gear, similar to world of warcraft. but im not there yet so ill not get into it now. im talking about lvl 5-35 gear, you only need remnants for the helmet and every boss drops 1 (final boss drops 2) so its very easy to get this part of the recipe.

#14 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2014 - 15:11

I think you cant say 35 either,due to TO3 being more difficult then TR? the remnants are fine how they are tbh.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: