Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 05 August 2021 - 20:59

Thats so broken cant be leech and mins 

im quiting the ladder 

Buffs on the ladder should be capped at L175 - allowing mega pots with mega duration just makes a mockery of the whole thing.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#62 Emperor Sidd

Emperor Sidd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 05 August 2021 - 23:11

Buffs on the ladder should be capped at L175 - allowing mega pots with mega duration just makes a mockery of the whole thing.

If you want a controlled or lets say 'fair' fight, you are looking for arena not ladder. ;)

HTH

#63 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 August 2021 - 23:41

post-34014-0-63746500-1628173275_thumb.p

92% huh... just give it the missing 8% already... not like it will change anything.

@Arioche might as well give us fist fight 110% at this point.

sigma_468x60.jpg

#64 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 06 August 2021 - 03:40

92% huh... just give it the missing 8% already... not like it will change anything.

Don't forget the occasional Reckoning activation making it 184% - yes, I've seen it.

Screenshot everything!

#65 moneypants

moneypants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 06 August 2021 - 11:50

and the op spell breaker 

#66 abeaudry

abeaudry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 August 2021 - 17:12

I normally wouldn't comment because I stopped playing in 2014 and only recently came back a few months ago. Before I stopped playing I dabbled in many areas of the game, but was never all in on any one aspect.I do remember what PvP was originally like before the 2009? changes, the ladder changes, etc.

My perspective is of a returning player after 7ish years of not playing. Upon returning recently I have noticed that the OP container potions, global potions, and composed potions have broken so many aspects in the game. Guild vs. Guild, you almost always see attackers running these pots attacking offline players. There is little chance to "defend". PvP ladder a person near the top range running these 24/7 are nearly untouchable by the rest of lower part of the band because of gear access and these potions. In taking a relic, unless other guild has more then 3 or 4, if they are running these pots its the same, unless you are significantly over the defenders level and willing to run some of these potions.

How does this encourage returning players to come back? How does this encourage new players to join and stick with it?

If you have consistently been playing the past few years you likely have the globals piled up, have the composing levels, and likely have containers even if you haven't spent on the game.

A defender or attacker should never be able to essential reduce the other players stats to zero or near zero. What happened to gear switches and teamwork being the winning combinations?

If you expand the band's for PvP sure, but if done without addressing the potion power creep then don't expect returning and new players to come to the game and stick around.

Do we want to encourage regrowth of the game/aspects? Or pump things to keep a small core happy?

Any final decision should balance keeping existing players happy with encouraging returning and new players. Maybe thats capping buff levels, or some other suggestion.

Addressing all these intertwined issues is bigger then any one opinion.

#67 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 August 2021 - 20:41

*snip*

not a bad post man!

#68 Emperor Sidd

Emperor Sidd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 07 August 2021 - 08:56

My perspective is of a returning player after 7ish years of not playing. Upon returning recently I have noticed that the OP container potions, global potions, and composed potions have broken so many aspects in the game. Guild vs. Guild, you almost always see attackers running these pots attacking offline players. There is little chance to "defend". PvP ladder a person near the top range running these 24/7 are nearly untouchable by the rest of lower part of the band because of gear access and these potions. In taking a relic, unless other guild has more then 3 or 4, if they are running these pots its the same, unless you are significantly over the defenders level and willing to run some of these potions.

Your perspective is the definition of entitled, all the aspects you mentioned are a competition of effort and resources; GvG, Ladder, and Relics are optional and you choose to participate for the rewards but you want the game to be changed because you don't have the resources or in your words are not "willing to" because it is not worth the rewards. The players who use composed or epics pots are putting in more effort and resources while you want special treatment?

How does this encourage returning players to come back? How does this encourage new players to join and stick with it?

How does would this look to existing players who have been playing, using their stamina in Global Events, or donating for high-level buffs while you were not involved in the game? You want to invalidate their rewards because you weren't here; entitled?

If you have consistently been playing the past few years you likely have the globals piled up, have the composing levels, and likely have containers even if you haven't spent on the game.

Yes, in the off chance some old players want to come back to the game we should invalidate the effort of 1000 players who continued to play and support the game while you quit. /s 

A defender or attacker should never be able to essential reduce the other players stats to zero or near zero. What happened to gear switches and teamwork being the winning combinations?

This is a valid point of view which you should bring up in the thread about buffs here, this thread is about PvP range but has been derailed by moneypants.

If you expand the band's for PvP sure, but if done without addressing the potion power creep then don't expect returning and new players to come to the game and stick around.

Back to the first point, you want special treatment because you won't stay around long enough to participate in a Global Event and collect those resources to compete. If anything, giving you what you want right when you come back will be detrimental as you might not find the motivation to continue playing.

Do we want to encourage regrowth of the game/aspects? Or pump things to keep a small core happy?

Again, the players who continue to play and support Fallensword while you quit are not the small core.

HTH

Edited by SiddXIV, 07 August 2021 - 08:58.

#69 gapukas

gapukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 August 2021 - 15:25

Yes, there should be a lvl cap on buffs while pvping. Perhaps like 300 or so.

#70 abeaudry

abeaudry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 August 2021 - 17:24

I expressed an opinion from my point of view. I did not say anything should favor me or any other player, rather any decision the developers make should be a balance that maybe doesn't make every player completely happy but has elements to make a majority happy. If you felt the way you play was attacked because of my post that wasn't my intention. If you believe that someone suggesting that decisions should be made towards game regrowth, in a game that went from multiple hundreds to thousands online to at best a couple hundred, is being entitled...its not, but sure. Game regrowth keeps the game alive, decending down a power creep hole leads to game death. There are many examples of games that did this and don't exist anymore.

Many aging games either have or are currently going through periods of adjustment and rebalance. That is required if they wish to continue to exist.

This is a PvP feed back and suggestion thread, not just about expanding PvP ranges. I agree that PvP needs changes, as it has needed changes for a very long time since long before 2014.

My whole post was my opinion that it's not just as simple as expanding the ranges. There are many other issues that are intertwined with every type of PvP in the game, regular, ladder, and gvg. I have seen people suggest capping buff levels, but reread and you will see I also said some other suggestion might work as well.

Others opinions might be that everything is perfect as is and just expand the ranges. I disagree. Disagreement is ok. As I said it's bigger then any one opinion. At the end of the day the developers will decide what to do that furthers their goals for the game, not mine or anyone else's.

#71 Emperor Sidd

Emperor Sidd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 07 August 2021 - 18:21

I expressed an opinion from my point of view. I did not say anything should favor me or any other player, rather any decision the developers make should be a balance that maybe doesn't make every player completely happy but has elements to make a majority happy. If you felt the way you play was attacked because of my post that wasn't my intention. If you believe that someone suggesting that decisions should be made towards game regrowth, in a game that went from multiple hundreds to thousands online to at best a couple hundred, is being entitled...its not, but sure. Game regrowth keeps the game alive, decending down a power creep hole leads to game death. There are many examples of games that did this and don't exist anymore.

You used your point of view to force a narrative, I provided you context so you or anyone reading would see it objectively. You were not able to refute any of the points I made in response to your statements. Please don't try to masquerade your poor ideas with "game regrowth". I didn't advocate for a power creep, I merely pointed out how you don't see things beyond what you want from the game.

Many aging games either have or are currently going through periods of adjustment and rebalance. That is required if they wish to continue to exist.

Buffs are being changed and I'm all for it, but that is a change that affects everyone equally. Don't ask for aspects of the game to be changed to fit your limits. You were literally asking for a handout because you were not strong enough in your previous comment (see below); a few players above your level with buffs are not supposed to be easy. It's called defending for a reason. If those buffs didn't prevent you from taking the relic, no point in having them is there ?

In taking a relic, unless other guild has more then 3 or 4, if they are running these pots its the same, unless you are significantly over the defenders level and willing to run some of these potions.

This is a PvP feed back and suggestion thread, not just about expanding PvP ranges.

I suggest you read the original post and tell me how you came to this conclusion.

My whole post was my opinion that it's not just as simple as expanding the ranges. There are many other issues that are intertwined with every type of PvP in the game, regular, ladder, and gvg. I have seen people suggest capping buff levels, but reread and you will see I also said some other suggestion might work as well.

Others opinions might be that everything is perfect as is and just expand the ranges. I disagree. Disagreement is ok. As I said it's bigger then any one opinion. At the end of the day the developers will decide what to do that furthers their goals for the game, not mine or anyone else's.

Just because others are derailing a thread doesn't mean you need to as well. "Fixing" PvP is going to happen step by step, there isn't going to be an overhaul so stop muddling the waters. FS does not have enough dedicated HCS Staff for an overhaul.

HTH

Edited by SiddXIV, 07 August 2021 - 18:23.

#72 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 07 August 2021 - 20:34

It's not that they don't have enough staff. It appears they don't have enough experienced/senior staff. This game is much more than a plug and play simple app. Lots of things are still reliant on Hoof which quite obviously has no time to do it.

Want a suggestion? Actually play the game. Look at any successful game company their employees are players and true lovers of the IP. No cow atleast that I can see plays the game quite enough to have a true grasp on the sheer depth of this game. Listening will only get you so far.

Edited by EpicPiety, 08 August 2021 - 07:02.

#73 Arioche

Arioche

Producer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 August 2021 - 15:19

Hello everyone!

Once again, thank you for your continued contribution to the thread. We have considered a number of your ideas and we hope to bring something to you soon. You have also shed light on a few other things that we hope to tackle  :) I'll do my best to bring your concerns to the right people!

While we began this thread with a question about PvP Attack Ranges, we'd like it to also be a place to discuss other pvp-related subjects! With that being said, we have adjusted our original post to reflect this.

Thank you!

~ Fallen Sword Team

#74 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 11 August 2021 - 22:58

Hello everyone!

Once again, thank you for your continued contribution to the thread. We have considered a number of your ideas and we hope to bring something to you soon. You have also shed light on a few other things that we hope to tackle  :) I'll do my best to bring your concerns to the right people!

While we began this thread with a question about PvP Attack Ranges, we'd like it to also be a place to discuss other pvp-related subjects! With that being said, we have adjusted our original post to reflect this.

Thank you!

~ Fallen Sword Team

Hello! I truly appreciate that you and HCS are looking into all PvP aspects in this game - most of them need a slight update. Would it make more sense to focus on 1 aspect of PvP at a time instead of attempting to update them all at once? This thread might get overloaded with ideas for all of the PvP areas in the game. I would be for a unique thread per each PvP aspect to be looked at: this way all of the topic is on point and not bouncing around. A thread for Bounty Board, PvP ladder, normal PvP attacks, PvP buffs, GvG and a PvP Seasons revamp (we all can dream). 

As always, thank you for this! And Happy Smashing :D

#75 Prop

Prop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 12 August 2021 - 05:19

Just throwing this out there...

If the person on the bounty board is running deflect and are offline by game time standards (and deflect kicks in). Then the time between hits for the attacker is reduced to a random time between 1-2 minutes.

I'm being conservative, and would prefer 1 min between attacks overall of course.

If you're not around to defend why do I have to jump through hoops of others casting for your actions etc. when I can be posted either way.

Edited by Prop, 12 August 2021 - 05:24.

#76 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 12 August 2021 - 13:31

Hello! I truly appreciate that you and HCS are looking into all PvP aspects in this game - most of them need a slight update. Would it make more sense to focus on 1 aspect of PvP at a time instead of attempting to update them all at once? This thread might get overloaded with ideas for all of the PvP areas in the game. I would be for a unique thread per each PvP aspect to be looked at: this way all of the topic is on point and not bouncing around. A thread for Bounty Board, PvP ladder, normal PvP attacks, PvP buffs, GvG and a PvP Seasons revamp (we all can dream). 

As always, thank you for this! And Happy Smashing :D

THIS HCS!! seperate threads, i dunno if im qualified to speak in a thread for bounty hunting or normal pvp attacks and if i post for ladder for example it could get watered down, just saying!

#77 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 12 August 2021 - 20:40

Just throwing this out there...

If the person on the bounty board is running deflect and are offline by game time standards (and deflect kicks in). Then the time between hits for the attacker is reduced to a random time between 1-2 minutes.

I'm being conservative, and would prefer 1 min between attacks overall of course.

If you're not around to defend why do I have to jump through hoops of others casting for your actions etc. when I can be posted either way.

bc of fairness. others have to wait 2 min. deflect adds "chance" to outcome.

#78 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 12 August 2021 - 20:57

I agree with the suggestion to split up the PvP thread into it's core components. Each need some attention, but not all need the same attention ..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#79 vastilos

vastilos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Canada

Posted 12 August 2021 - 21:25

For the ladder - How about making it so only people on the ladder can cast buffs they have learned on themselves (no buffs from guildmates, friends, buff market, nothing). Oh, and no potions.

Edited by vastilos, 12 August 2021 - 21:26.

#80 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 August 2021 - 23:25

For the ladder - How about making it so only people on the ladder can cast buffs they have learned on themselves (no buffs from guildmates, friends, buff market, nothing). Oh, and no potions.

I can get behind this. If you can't defend yourself then thats your problem alone. I can't agree with the buff market. You are online and buying those buffs, not offline and getting buff bombed by guildies/friends.

The issue I see here is with GvG... how can your guild attempt to force a loss if they cant buff you since you're in ladder? how can the game know if you are casting for gvg and not ladder?

sigma_468x60.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: