• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Sator

Sator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 19:20

Just an idea  have random bosses spawn in TA  that drop  great loot  but  if one group tags it  they are the ones who get the loot  but  if that group gets killed  by boss or  other players  the tag goes away and the boss goes back to full health.  ready to be taged again.   yes this makes for a long  and hard fight  fighting the boss and other players  but it will keep us busy  for some great  and awesome  drops.    everyone wants something hard  just imagine  troll dropping supreme gems like 4 at a time  but not only do you have to tag the boss  you have to kill it and fight off other players    and having the boss go back to full health before new tag makes it a great challenge to all  .   also  if you get killed  and your in the group that has the tag and you are not resserected by another player you are held in a holding area  until tag is lost or boss is dead  to prevent re entry  to keep tag

Edited by Sator, 09 June 2015 - 19:24.

#2 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 June 2015 - 23:10

ka0s galore 0-0

The world is cruel...as will I....

#3 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 10 June 2015 - 00:28

would be fun thats for sure, i think they could do hulking cave troll like this too, where the troll has an AoE ability that makes it PvP enabled for a time around him. More fun!

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#4 Crasken

Crasken

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Finland

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:26

While this sound really fun in paper I doubt it will be that entertaining in the long run. Player base in this game is so small and pretty much all the PvP'ers are pals with each other so I think it quickly becomes PvP'ers vs other players -activity. And while PvP'ers have big advantage over others ( customized builds, PvP experience etc. ) there's high chance this kind of activity only becomes a farm for PvP'ers to gain "practically free" high tier loot every now and then.

At least this is my point of view. I think this only widens the gap between PvP and PvE folks. If something like this gets introduced in the game I might take part of it a few times for pure excitement but I doubt lonely nubs like myself have any chance teaming up with anyone for activity like this.  :rolleyes:

If the game lacks rewards for PvP -activities ( There are some discussions about this ) wouldn't it be better just improve valor gain from battlegrounds and add new rewards purchasable by valor points?

#5 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:14

I don't see this fixing a thing. In fact, it seems to make matters worse. What's the real issue? That the top tier PvP speced circle of players don't have enough people to kill, or that there is too much griefing in the game? They clearly need to restrict killing low level players in some manner, since the only purpose behind it is to make players quit. It's already doing a hell-of-a good job at that.

Edited by ComradeLewis, 10 June 2015 - 06:14.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#6 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:34

I don't see this fixing a thing. In fact, it seems to make matters worse. What's the real issue? That the top tier PvP speced circle of players don't have enough people to kill, or that there is too much griefing in the game? They clearly need to restrict killing low level players in some manner, since the only purpose behind it is to make players quit. It's already doing a hell-of-a good job at that.

If there is any restriction placed on killing low level players (gatherers) then there needs to be a restriction on low level players gathering in TA too then.

Need to have the circle of life in TA

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#7 Sator

Sator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:37

TA is all about  PvP     the problem with some people is they think TA is a mat gathering place   yes  it is great to gather mats there  but there is a risk  i have found every mat i need outside TA    i do agree mat gathering in TA can be faster  but it is also a risk as the warning states as you enter. 

Please if you dont want to die in TA    Stay out   when people complain  thats when  PvP ers  kill them more.

This is a great idea  and i hope HC considers it

Edited by Sator, 10 June 2015 - 06:38.

#8 PeasantJoe

PeasantJoe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:02

TA is all about  PvP     the problem with some people is they think TA is a mat gathering place   yes  it is great to gather mats there  but there is a risk  i have found every mat i need outside TA    i do agree mat gathering in TA can be faster  but it is also a risk as the warning states as you enter. 

Please if you dont want to die in TA    Stay out   when people complain  thats when  PvP ers  kill them more.

This is a great idea  and i hope HC considers it

lol says the guy who was gathering all day long in TA and complaining more than anyone else for getting killed in there, specialy when you had skill pots on. The rage and salt is real man good times :P  cool people dont rage over TA B)

#9 hidulphus

hidulphus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 11:44

lol says the guy who was gathering all day long in TA and complaining more than anyone else for getting killed in there, specialy when you had skill pots on. The rage and salt is real man good times :P  cool people dont rage over TA B)

cool people don't bot in TA

#10 drdoom123

drdoom123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 June 2015 - 12:32

would love that

2u3y71v.png

Eldevin

drdoom123 - lvl EOC

AWhiteGuy - lvl EOC

Lowko - lvl 18 Ranger

Fallensword: drdoom123 lvl 824

#11 Sator

Sator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 19:19

You are right joe  i did complain in TA when i had a skill pot on   but i have figured it out  now  i raged  for a few  but you dont see me raging now do you

#12 NatsuMichi

NatsuMichi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 22:41

Anyone who ever played a PvP and PvE mixed MMOs, Lineage II for instance, know that combining the two is too tricky to handle right. PvP skilled players always...let me say that again...always gain the high ground because of the advantage they gain just by being PvP. Ever had a farmer clan/alliance conquer most of the castles? Nope. Farmer clan ever killed World Bosses to gain the best eq easily? Nope. Ever got the best farming spot on high levels? Nah uh. And so on and so forth.

When you put a raid boss, or whatever you want to call it, in that people literally have to fight over to kill and loot in the single PvP location in the world, then you guarantee that the PvPers and their spec'd builds will have little to no contest amongst PvE players/builds and/or partying like it's 1969 peace loving noob hippies (like me xD). The only competition will be other PvPers, essencially. It'd basically be a big "ya, sure, you can come bother the PvPers for a while but you're never getting your hands on this loot ever, silly little farmer, bye bah!". Sure, there are some pretty scary PvP hunters out there, and if, perhaps the ENTIRE server unites and groups on the PvPers then yeah, there's a chance. But...like...where is the fun in that again?

Iinstead of solving problems, it creates more I'm afraid...sorry ^^

Best solution to the TA problem that I have found, personally - don't go to TA :lol: My life was never better since I've started practising this simple art of problem evasion :P I do my daily gathering, catch a PL when I can survive Joe's burning combo to da face (I always count that as a win and am happy for the rest of the day) and that's it, all is good and well in Sheyla's land. Fu TA, prosper :lol:

CC 48 / Farming 49 / Fishing 28 / Foraging 49 / Forestry 33 / Prospecting 48 / Skinning 33

Alchemy 49 / AS 10 / Cooking 49 / Jewelry 40 / LW 12 / WS 21/ Tailoring 2

Sheyla's Shopping Shack ^^

#13 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:49

Long long ago in a galaxy far away... we all levelled our professions to the max... outside of TA! because it did not exist.

If you are a player who does not enjoy pvp, I seriously recommend you just go level professions outside and encourage your gatherer friends to do the same. So it might take a little longer, but why are you in a rush anyway?

If you all did that, then TA would be empty and the dev's would be forced to make a choice, fix PvP balancing, fix TA, or maybe even remove it altogether! (fixing stuff would be the preference). :P

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#14 PeasantJoe

PeasantJoe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:53

@NatsuMichi played L2 since C1 which started 2004 i think, dagger classes like TH was so op back in the days, but tanks like DK, SK or even Paladin could reck you in 1vs1. PvP was cool in that game, and castle sieges :)  there was also PK system i dont remember now how it worked but you could kill anyone anywhere and more you kill your name get red i think and increases chances when some one kill you while you PK you may drop gear item which sometimes happened :P  I dont know how is now L2 since last time i played was 2012 also my highest class was ISS 94lvl and the grind there was real took like whole day to get 2% and if you die you lose exp :lol:

#15 Thuum

Thuum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 13:16

Im re-suggesting something i had long ago suggested-

PL Vanity/Armor

You would get PL armor based on your level and your rank, you would get vanity from epic / some new treasure chest, and maybe add a mini-PL pet

note: the pet would be about the size of the other pets

And the armor would be for all classes, based on points in your talent trees

#16 NatsuMichi

NatsuMichi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 17:01

@NatsuMichi ...

Indeed! Lineage was brutal :lol: Back in the days, not sure the thing they call L2 right now has anything to do with what it used to be. PvP was great, some classes had it rough still (in Grand Oly anyway) but the team fights during sieges, territory wars, forts and WBs and overall were epic, every class mattered, team play mattered...kinda miss this in Eldevin :( PK was well thought out too, and later with the cursed weapons it was great fun even :D And dying on high levels was punishing as hell, that grind was real :lol: I miss L2 :´D It had it´s own problems, but still, the amount of time I spent playing the game should be criminal :D

(I solemly swear I am not hijacking this thread for Lineage II fandomism :D)

I like the fact there is no open PK/PVP throughout Eldevin, it´s pretty much a PvEer´s wet dream. It´s a shame thought that there is not a challenging, rewarding and fun way to participate in PK/PVP...without a) causing rivers of bittersweet crymore tears, closely followed by B) losing all your friends, eventually ending up with c) losing your sanity :wub:

CC 48 / Farming 49 / Fishing 28 / Foraging 49 / Forestry 33 / Prospecting 48 / Skinning 33

Alchemy 49 / AS 10 / Cooking 49 / Jewelry 40 / LW 12 / WS 21/ Tailoring 2

Sheyla's Shopping Shack ^^

#17 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 June 2015 - 17:59

(I solemly swear I am not hijacking this thread for Lineage II fandomism :D)

Liar

The world is cruel...as will I....

#18 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 June 2015 - 21:38

Finally read this thread.  It seems both sides make excellent points.  This suggestion is absolutely aimed at professional PvP'ers.  And nothing wrong with that.  In fact, it sounds like enough fun that I'd consider a respec to PvP just to try it (if I was guaranteed a decent group).

Many suggestions are aimed at a subset of players.  I'd love to see more quest variety, instances, arena, raids, etc.  Along with improved LFG functionality.  All aimed at the PvE player, and even then not all quest or care about groups.  There are crafting improvements we've all been calling for, although not everyone crafts.  Some people want more fonts while I'm fine with the default.  It's still a good suggestion.  You get the picture.

Put the new boss on its own island if the consensus is to not mess with TA (not sure about this either way).  Reduce the rewards, both to keep it in line with other rewards in the game, and PvP'ers already get extra gems with valor.  But this really could work well.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#19 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 June 2015 - 00:23

i go into ta to die

not to gather :P

if i gather something or kill some1 then that's a bonus

should be a nice warning

enter this place to die

anything you kill or gather is a bonus

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#20 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 08:44

If there is any restriction placed on killing low level players (gatherers) then there needs to be a restriction on low level players gathering in TA too then.

Need to have the circle of life in TA

Great idea Ern. If you don't want to be pk'd easily by someone way out of your level, then deal with a limitation on what you can gather in TA based on your level. Lowbies can't have the huge advantage that TA offers and PKers say that they are the ones controlling the balance of this - haha. It's like shooting a fish in a barrel for the pk'er, which is ridiculous.

Also, the pk'er needs to have something to lose if they die after initiating battle in TA (You must have 1 ep per your level when entering TA and lose it if you die this way). 

Edited by zargon, 12 June 2015 - 08:51.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: