• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sinron

Sinron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 15:37

Heavy infantry supposedly does better vs ground units. Any place I can see how much better?

Thanks

#2 Zath

Zath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 September 2016 - 21:57

None that I could find

#3 Sinron

Sinron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 01:17

Makes me wonder if there is a difference at all. Devs a bit of clarity please?

#4 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 16 September 2016 - 08:26

Unit strengths and weakness do indeed affect combat, if you tap on a unit at the factory or barracks you are able to see their various strengths and weaknesses and if you tap the info button in the bottom right there's a table detailing these :)

Unit-Help-Info.jpg

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#5 Zath

Zath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Australia

Posted 19 September 2016 - 10:54

Thanks Mojawk but I believe the question was more about numerical figures. Such as a percentage modifier for attack against a unit type (and/or defense?), and when attacking a player (or alien) does the game engine specifically target troops based on their type? E.g., if I send equal numbers of say light, heavy and ground against the same, do they all attack the enemy units they are strongest against first, or...what? I notice if I attack say a level 7 alien, I always lose light infantry first. This suggests those are targeted first. And the last "saucer" unit is always the last that I kill. This suggests an order of kill being light, heavy, ground, air. In a realistic combat situation, units would attack the units they kill better, meaning you should see kills and losses to all unit types (depending on the units employed on either side). I hope that explains..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: