WowRefugee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 06 August 2013 - 14:49

I know this has been suggested before as a simple request, but:

Make this an option.   The game defaults to the current setup, since many are used to it, but it can be changed in the options page.  (Call this normal mode and wasd mode.)

1. When in wasd mode, only the keyboard causes motion, left clicks will select an item/mob, or do nothing if the click misses.   (Right-click and drag changes your POV, as usual.)  No running forward into an unwanted encounter.  It might be useful to increase the size of the select object zone, to make it easier to target things.

2. As an alternative, or in addition, when in normal mode, we need a modifier key (obviously, the shift and control keys are already in use, so some other key (alt?) will have to be used), that will cause one to stand pat and not run forward.  Objects are either selected or not.

A Text-Based Talent Calculator For Eldevin: http://TalentTheory.com/calc/

Current Characters: Salador, Serculer, Aquinas

#2 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:55

I would just like to add that WASD would make the game a lot more comfortable to play in my opinion. I hope that it's something that can be implemented. 

In addition, it would help to alleviate a particular pet peeve of mine - which is clicking too far towards the edge of the screen and having a red symbol appear and my character stop moving.

Guild Founder of The Golden Horde

Zshmaendal - Level 45 Prophet | Superfluous - Level 35 Warrior | Ulysses - Level 13 Ranger

Louis - Level 8 Warrior | Ephemeral - Level 12 Assassin | Connotation - Level 8 Mage

Crystal Cutting - 9 | Fishing - 10 | Forestry - 10 | Skinning - 8 | Farming - 19 | Foraging - 28 | Prospecting - 16

Alchemy - 36 | Cooking - 11 | Leatherworking - 4 | Weaponsmithing - 5 | Armorsmithing - 7 | Jewelry - 6 | Tailoring - 16

#3 Visual Kei

Visual Kei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:36

In addition, it would help to alleviate a particular pet peeve of mine - which is clicking too far towards the edge of the screen and having a red symbol appear and my character stop moving.

Yeah, I really hate it when that happens. 

Edited by Infinite, 23 November 2013 - 12:39.

drocell_visual_kei___signature_by_ryuuki

IGN: Infinity

Class: Prophet

Server: Oceanic

Guild: Log Horizon

#4 Hic242

Hic242

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 November 2013 - 15:27

wasd currently rotates the screen and changes angle of view.

'Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.'

#5 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:28

wasd currently rotates the screen and changes angle of view.

They could make it so that we could select it to do either. That'd be great.

Guild Founder of The Golden Horde

Zshmaendal - Level 45 Prophet | Superfluous - Level 35 Warrior | Ulysses - Level 13 Ranger

Louis - Level 8 Warrior | Ephemeral - Level 12 Assassin | Connotation - Level 8 Mage

Crystal Cutting - 9 | Fishing - 10 | Forestry - 10 | Skinning - 8 | Farming - 19 | Foraging - 28 | Prospecting - 16

Alchemy - 36 | Cooking - 11 | Leatherworking - 4 | Weaponsmithing - 5 | Armorsmithing - 7 | Jewelry - 6 | Tailoring - 16

#6 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:07

I've seen quite a few comments regarding this on and off this website, personally I prefer the mouse and moving the camera with the keyboard keys but I have to agree that it would be a good option to have. I've seen a handful of players and friends in my experiences in gaming, quit games because they become frustrated with the movement controls and limited movement/camera options (but that's another topic).

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#7 Arithium

Arithium

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:50

The game currently uses a pathfinding algorithm, implementing wasd would require them to modify their clients clipping system.

#8 Midevl

Midevl

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 18:20

Can I add WASD for movement and mouse for camera would be perfect for us slower older gamers. Im not as fast as I use to be in my UO and wow days. :) This game is fun and interesting so far.

#9 Foulplay

Foulplay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 December 2013 - 19:05

I really don't mind the current set up its a fresh change from today's games ( I know an old move but still).

However I definitely think they should consider implementing it sometime in the future to attract more players.

LNIZZAw.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: