Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 January 2014 - 16:28

We have just make the following improvements to the game:

• Increased the amount of buffs that can be listed in a Buff Package from 5 to 10.

• Added a new 'Requests' page for managing incoming Buff Package requests. Note previous Accept and Reject links in the log messages have been replaced with a link to this new page.

• Changed the gold and Fallen Sword Point limit on Buff Package costs to 500,000 and 10 respectively. Packages currently listed higher than those values have been changed to be within these new limits.

• If the player requesting a Buff Package already has a buff of equal or higher level active when the seller accepts the request, the buff will be skipped and the rest of the package will be applied. (Note the onus is on the requester to ensure the relevant buffs in package can be cast on them.)

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 14 January 2014 - 16:34

We have just make the following improvements to the game:

• Increased the amount of buffs that can be listed in a Buff Package from 5 to 10.
  • Changed the gold and Fallen Sword Point limit on Buff Package costs to 500,000 and 10 respectively. Packages currently listed higher than those values have been changed to be within these new limits.

Some players price based on the 25 stamina = 1 FSP rate from the upgrades page. With so many higher level buffs being 30 stamina, this means we wouldn't be able to list a 10-buff package at the price we want.

#3 NicramDuel

NicramDuel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 16:37

Also, another piece of bad news: Since the market is currently filled with more buffs and buff packages than 5...The new packages, especially if charged at or above 50k...well, the chances of even making it observable are minimal. [EDIT: This means, in essence, that the amount of packs/buffs displayed must be increased. And just as a silent whisper...again, I'd add: please, differentiate between single buffs and packs.:)]

However - thank you for the recent changes - these have been long called-for! Great help! :)

Edited by NicramDuel, 14 January 2014 - 16:39.

#4 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 January 2014 - 16:40

By the way, any word on whether we're going to get a TOGGLE ALL button?  Turning all packages on and off individually is really annoying...  :wacko:

#5 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 16:41

Some players price based on the 25 stamina = 1 FSP rate from the upgrades page. With so many higher level buffs being 30 stamina, this means we wouldn't be able to list a 10-buff package at the price we want.

time to lower their price, advertise else where, or offer fewer buffs.

#6 Rasputin

Rasputin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 16:42

This is getting better all the time. Looking great guys!

I have a question. Why are you limiting the amount of buffs that are able to display? Many of the players have a buy all buffs option in their biographies (such as myself.) Is there a rhyme or reason to this cap?

Thanks,

~Rasputin

Edited by Rasputin, 14 January 2014 - 16:44.

Rasputin17.jpg 

#7 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 16:47

I have a question. Why are you limiting the amount of buffs that are able to display? Many of the players have a buy all buffs option in their biographies (such as myself.) Is there a rhyme or reason to this cap?

that would let players advertise with 60+ buffs  :blink: or 120 (or however many offense/defense/special buffs we have) at a troll amount of level 1 :P

would be tricky to have a way to advertise that large amount so you know what you are buying.. 

Edited by RebornJedi, 14 January 2014 - 16:47.

#8 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 January 2014 - 16:56

time to lower their price, advertise else where, or offer fewer buffs.

Considering the cap was put in place due to a few people spamming up the featured listings with "silly" numbers, having a cap that restricts legitimate sales is frustrating.

#9 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 January 2014 - 16:58

I'm loving this additional resource for finding buffers I normally wouldn't find. HOWEVER....

I have seen at least one player (with multiple instances) list a 1 buff package for crazy prices, the most recent case being Rage level 69 (yeah that's right) for 10 FSPs.  He is obviously waiting for some unsuspecting soul to press the Send Request button to their demise.  This practice is unethical and utterly undermines the intent of this great feature.  Thank goodness the offerer's name is attached to this "value pack".  :angry:

DP

Edited by DeadParrot, 14 January 2014 - 17:00.

Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#10 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 16:59

Considering the cap was put in place due to a few people spamming up the featured listings with "silly" numbers, having a cap that restricts legitimate sales is frustrating.

i think one FSP per buff is a good restriction for the Buff Market.. what would you have it at? unless you are against a restriction all together?

#11 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 January 2014 - 16:59

double posting

Edited by DeadParrot, 14 January 2014 - 17:00.

Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#12 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 January 2014 - 17:00

By the way, any word on whether we're going to get a TOGGLE ALL button?  Turning all packages on and off individually is really annoying...  :wacko:

I've just added Toggle All On / Off buttons to the manage page :)

#13 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Now I'm getting this message:

"Rebornjedi has requested the 'Anti D' buff package. [ Manage Requests ]"

Any possibility to change to:

"[Accept] [Decline] [Manage Requests]" ?

That will save us a lot of time, and will help mobile users, just an suggestion.

#14 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

i think one FSP per buff is a good restriction for the Buff Market.. what would you have it at? unless you are against a restriction all together?

I think that would make sense?

#15 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 January 2014 - 17:01

I'm loving this additional resource for finding buffers I normally wouldn't find. HOWEVER....

I have seen at least one player (with multiple instances) list a 1 buff package for crazy prices, the most recent case being Rage level 69 (yeah that's right) for 10 FSPs.  He is obviously waiting for some unsuspecting soul to press the Send Request button to their demise.  This practice is unethical and utterly undermines the intent of this great feature.  Thank goodness the offerer's name is attached to this "value pack".  :angry:

DP

Before this update, that listing was Rage level 69 for 69 FSPs. With the update, it was auto-changed to 10 FSPs. This was one of the "silly" listings that caused the cap to be put in place.  :angry:

I've just added Toggle All On / Off buttons to the manage page :)

Thank you thank you thank you!   :D

#16 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 January 2014 - 17:03

Now I'm getting this message:

"Rebornjedi has requested the 'Anti D' buff package. [ Manage Requests ]"

Any possibility to change to:

"[Accept] [Decline] [Manage Requests]" ?

That will save us a lot of time, and will help mobile users, just an suggestion.

Sure - I've added the direct Accept / Decline links back in in addition to the manage requests link :)

#17 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 17:09

Thx a lot Hoof :)

#18 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 January 2014 - 17:09

If each buff was no more than 25 stamina to cast, a 1 FSP per buff rate would be a "break-even". However, this is not the case, as most of the high level buffs are 30 or even 35 stamina each.

I am simply pointing out that the restriction put in place due to a few people spamming up the listings with silly numbers is now restricting the rest of us from making listings we want.

#19 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 January 2014 - 17:10

If each buff was no more than 25 stamina to cast, a 1 FSP per buff rate would be a "break-even". However, this is not the case, as most of the high level buffs are 30 or even 35 stamina each.

I am simply pointing out that the restriction put in place due to a few people spamming up the listings with silly numbers is now restricting the rest of us from making listings we want.

What if the limit was maybe 2 FSP per buff and 'x' gold ?

#20 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 January 2014 - 17:13

What if the limit was maybe 2 FSP per buff and 'x' gold ?

While I would not personally make a 20-FSP package, I think this is a more reasonable limit with the 10-buff limit.  It would still prevent the "silly" listings we were seeing, while allowing more flexibility for pricing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: