#181 mikkyld

mikkyld

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 19:27

- ADD an option to cancel a request.
  Players can cancel before sending another request, so no more double-pay complaints.

this

Really make profit?! I doubt I make that when i buff. Buff its up to the buyer, not the seller to determine the profit.

you certainly make a profit if you get paid and dont have to use any stamina

stop being deliberately obtuse please

#182 mikkyld

mikkyld

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 19:30

While i still prefer the buff-marketplace suggested here:
http://forums.hunted...e=6#entry836044

As a compromise:
* Buff-buyer puts up his buff request in buff-marketplace with a gold/fsp price. Buff-buyer sets minimum buff level. Gold/fsp needed to pay for the buff has to be on hand, else the buff request is auto canceled. Buff requests only last for something like 30-60 minutes as max.

* Buff-seller browses through buff-requests. Picks the buff request that pays enough. Customer is buffed, gold/fsp is transferred "in hand". No extra confirmation is needed.

* As Extra/when time: Filter so the buff-seller only sees buff requests for which he has the required buff. Templates for buff requests (for the buff-buyer).

The above is again in order to keep things simple. So there would not be a "buffs offered" for buff-sellers. It would cope with the problem of buff-sellers being on auto-refresh. Buff-sellers would still have to be online. For buff packs the buff-sellers have to be contacted directly = not by buff-marketplace.

so you order one set of buffs fromA and others from B and C

a responds so you are ready to hunt but 30-60 minutes later you dont have the full package

waiting 30-60 minutes is so not going to happen with anyone ready to hunt

the (very) simple solution to the wait and even to the double paying is to allow the requester to cancel his/her request at any point before it is actually accomplished. 30 seconds 30 minutes - whatever

#183 mikkyld

mikkyld

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 19:36

+BigGrim

Allowing people to cancel their requests as long as they have not been provided and establishing a method showing whether the buffers are fully sustained and/or have reinforce or extend on should handle all the issues.

You could have automation or not as long as the buyer knows what he/she is getting and can cancel if it takes too dam long.

#184 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 January 2014 - 21:54

Firstly, I haven't used the buff market much - I only need one maybe two buffs that I don't have and still prefer the FSH route, as for selling, I haven't listed my buffs but still make sales presumably from the people who still use the fsh method/regulars/ find player.

Here's my suggestion:

Instead of the auto buff method that grim has suggested I'd like to see the buff market function like a marketplace(similar to how others have suggested); The seller would list a 'package'(buffs, cost) and a buyer would click purchase and the exchange happens instantaneously provided seller has sufficient stam and buyer has the funds,  once this 'package' has been sold the seller would need to re-list the package - this eliminates any double buffing, ensures buyer gets their buffs straight away and shouldn't see any automation - seller needs to be online as well in order to re-list package(s).

How I'd see it work from a sellers view, seller creates packages which are saved on 'Buff packages' page. Rather than the packages being listed automatically onto the market the seller would need to press a 'List' button(one for each package, could have a List all button as well) to list their package(s) and would need to press that button after their package is sold in order to list it again.

From a buyers view, nothing different to how it is now, search for buffs and rather than 'Send request' the button would read 'Buy package' - this would need a pop-up warning/confirmation reminding the buyer that funds will be transferred instantly to prevent buyers accidentally clicking.

So that's my suggestion, I would appreciate any feedback on it.

#185 supermum

supermum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 22:59

that suggestion I could live with

;)

#186 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 23:02

Why wasn't it implemented like this. Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Buff Market Place, bran new addition to the game! Players can list the buffs they sell for your perusal. Filters a plenty! Such as.... Single Buff, Buff packages only, Player level, Buff level, Pay in gold, Pay in fsp or Pay with both, the more filters the better in my opinion. Online indicators too, 2 minutes no clicky you no show in Buff Market Place. Secure Trade for buffs, see what you want and pm seller with request, seller sends secure trade containing buffs with price, buyer likes price, and pays. Buyer gets buffs, is happy, seller gets gold or fsp, is happy, job done. Hooray!!

Cheers.

wil72

No automation, no double payments, no unwanted extendless, sustainless and fury casterless buffs. Another....Hooray!

Edited by wil72, 17 January 2014 - 23:34.

#187 uncola

uncola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:40

you certainly make a profit if you get paid and dont have to use any stamina

stop being deliberately obtuse please

My original post had nothing to do  with (not using any stamina) you sound ignorant, so before you quote an individual read what they wrote before.

#188 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:07

My original post had nothing to do  with (not using any stamina) you sound ignorant, so before you quote an individual read what they wrote before.

actually that quote was a response to my quote about making profit without having to cast a buff because the requester already had it casted on them by another player ;) i'll just put the stream of quotes to make it easy to read incase someone is being ignorant 

i dont like these........

23:20 16/Jan/2014

Player Rebornjedi activated the skill 'Reckoning' (Level: 175) on you.

23:20 16/Jan/2014
Rebornjedi has accepted your Buff Package request. The buffs have been applied and payment has been transferred.

23:21 16/Jan/2014

Player needlethee tried to activate the skill 'Reckoning' (Level: 175) on you but was unable to due to skill of equal or higher level already being active.

23:21 16/Jan/2014

needlethee has accepted your Buff Package request. The buffs have been applied and payment has been transferred.

Well then wait to be buffed by the first person you requested buffs from in the first place. If you cant wait 10 minutes, make sure the buffer is online, and you can always send them a message.

easier to said.

how long i have to wait? first request the player appears to be online but no response within 10mins, second request -same.. the guys i posted from my log is the 3rd and 4rd guys.

Get better buffers, or vote in favor of automated buffs.

or not allow players to make profit from not even buffing  ;) whatever you are in to

Really make profit?! I doubt I make that when i buff. Buff its up to the buyer, not the seller to determine the profit.

but it sounds like you didn't understand or get my statement fully..

players are making profit WITHOUT casting buffs (due to multiple requests going out at the same time).. this is messed up and NEEDS to change. if it isn't, this system will NEVER work properly

#189 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:13

all this Buff Market needs to start building to a better feature is...

• better User Interface to include Fury Caster (FIRST THING THAT NEEDS TO BE ADDED BECAUSE ITS EASY TO SCAM PLAYERS WITH ACTUAL 150 BUFFS) ... Extend, Reinforce, Sustain, and Mage Tower (last thing needed)
  • 5 minute acceptance period (currently 10)
  • get rid of this over buffing and put it back to the old system how you can't buff your package if the player already has a buff (also player can't request a buff if they already have a buff)
  • TIME .. seriously.. patience young padawans.. just some time for buffers to put their packages in the system and just get used to the flow and activity of it. this will get more buffs sold through market especially with the ability to have more than one request floating out there without the fear of being charged twice for a buff you only received once (how is that not blowing your minds everyone?!?!?!)

Edited by RebornJedi, 18 January 2014 - 05:15.

#190 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 17:12

I like auto buffing personally. Way to many times before I was at EOC I was looking for smashing hammer, stalker. and couldn't find it.

#191 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 17:28

Don't know if anybody has suggested this yet....

How about a View Buffs on the profile page, along the lines of View Auctions?

#192 Rasputin

Rasputin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 23:16

Don't know if anybody has suggested this yet....

How about a View Buffs on the profile page, along the lines of View Auctions?

I did XD

Rasputin17.jpg 

#193 Proteaus

Proteaus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:42

Haven't read all replys, don't want to but  instead of max number of stam used, make it a percentage of max stam per day.  After that they can still manually click on the buffs in users profiles.  I don't like this feature cause i usually only need 1 or 2 specific buffs.  id rather click the profile to get them(not a package so to speak)

#194 vichutkd

vichutkd

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:36

stop the double buff please i just buy 2 times the same buff cause the first buffer take too much time to accep aqnd the second did really quick,show if the buff its 175 with Fury Shrine,  add a cancel button; coul be like AH for the buffs too, put an offer and if any1 its interest can buy it atm, with a limit of X times

#195 Kildek

Kildek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 January 2014 - 22:24

As reference the suggestion here:
http://forums.hunted...e=9#entry841655

so you order one set of buffs fromA and others from B and C

a responds so you are ready to hunt but 30-60 minutes later you dont have the full package

waiting 30-60 minutes is so not going to happen with anyone ready to hunt

In my suggestion, you do not buy the buff from a specific buffer. You rather put out a buff-request, for a certain price.
Lets say you want to get buffed with Smashing hammer and offer 50k gold.
If buffers think the price is too low, it is likely you will have to wait longer. Much like it is not on the Bounty Board or the gold/fsp market place.
If instead you offer 1 fsp for the Smashing Hammer, chances are you will get buffed sooner.

the (very) simple solution to the wait and even to the double paying is to allow the requester to cancel his/her request at any point before it is actually accomplished. 30 seconds 30 minutes - whatever

That would mean a lot of Cancel messages to buffers = more spam. It is already difficult to filter out important messages, from all the stuff you get notifications about.
I have tried buff selling at competitive prices ever since the buff-market was added to the game. Sometimes I have to wait 2-3 hours for a buff request, that while checking for buff requests every 3 minutes. Then again get 3 buff requests within 10 minutes. After 8 hours I made like 5-6 fsp profit. There comes a point where it is just not worth it.
If my suggestion was implemented (http://forums.hunted...e=9#entry841655), a Buffer could quickly burn stamina, then do something else again.

#196 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 22 January 2014 - 23:41

I have not tried to use the Buff Market as a buyer myself, however, I have heard from many players in the Global Chat that the "cheapest" sellers do not always respond at all.

Therefore, I still think we need more search results. There may be 5 players with buffs listed very cheap, but if they do not respond to requests, the buyers are then stuck since they can't see the next cheapest sellers, or any others for that matter.

A revamp to the search results would be a great improvement, both more options and more results.

#197 Uralus

Uralus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:42

Or make that if they don't respond after 10 minutes, then buffs are send auto, but no payment is transferred....hehe, evil, but that will teach those fakers

#198 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:15

• If the player requesting a Buff Package already has a buff of equal or higher level active when the seller accepts the request, the buff will be skipped and the rest of the package will be applied. (Note the onus is on the requester to ensure the relevant buffs in package can be cast on them.

can we seriously get rid of this?????

#199 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 16:55

If the player requesting a Buff Package already has a buff of equal or higher level active when the seller accepts the request, the buff will be skipped and the rest of the package will be applied. (Note the onus is on the requester to ensure the relevant buffs in package can be cast on them.)

not spending stamina and taking players gold/fsp shouldn't be possible.. just had to refund a player because i don't like making a profit without providing the service i am offering. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: