• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#21 Rasputin

Rasputin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 17:13

I have a question. Why are you limiting the amount of buffs that are able to display? Many of the players have a buy all buffs option in their biographies (such as myself.) Is there a rhyme or reason to this cap?

I realize the amount of buffs that would have to be listed however that can be easily done by a simple format change on how they are listed.

Edited by Rasputin, 14 January 2014 - 17:15.

Rasputin17.jpg 

#22 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 January 2014 - 17:15

I have a question. Why are you limiting the amount of buffs that are able to display? Many of the players have a buy all buffs option in their biographies (such as myself.) Is there a rhyme or reason to this cap?

It was just to make it manageable for searching etc. - to have them more as 'packages' than buying individual buffs. I'm open to ideas though :)

#23 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 January 2014 - 17:16

i am fine with it being 1 fsp max per buff cost, frankly stamina is given free at 50 stamina per hour so this idea of "profit" is ridiculous as any buff sale is a profit from the point of an economist.

Edited by Davros81, 14 January 2014 - 17:16.

#24 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 14 January 2014 - 17:22

It was just to make it manageable for searching etc. - to have them more as 'packages' than buying individual buffs. I'm open to ideas though :)

Improve the results display. Search results should be shown as a list, more like the "Find Player" search results. It would show the seller's name, level, and idle time, along with the buff searched for (or seller-specified package name or simply "package"), where packages have a mouse-over tooltip that shows what is in it, and the package price. Displaying current Fury Caster, Sustain, Extend, Reinforce, and Mage Tower info also a plus. [link1] [link2]

#25 Feldshan

Feldshan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 17:24

Could there be some form of rating system so the people that respond and buff a person can be found instead of all the prank listings that are cheaper then most while most of the time not actually willing to buff anyone?

Once they buff you they get a +1, and if they don't buff (they may decline, but if they decline too many people for the same package then also allow them to get a -1) say 10 people or so in the 10 mins they get a -1.

Edited by Feldshan, 14 January 2014 - 17:33.

#26 NicramDuel

NicramDuel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 17:48

Could there be some form of rating system so the people that respond and buff a person can be found instead of all the prank listings that are cheaper then most while most of the time not actually willing to buff anyone?

Once they buff you they get a +1, and if they don't buff (they may decline, but if they decline too many people for the same package then also allow them to get a -1) say 10 people or so in the 10 mins they get a -1.

I really like this. +1

#27 Rasputin

Rasputin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 17:55

Thanks for your response hoofmaster.

What would you think about having a view buff packages under available actions while viewing another players profile?

Edited by Rasputin, 14 January 2014 - 18:03.

Rasputin17.jpg 

#28 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 18:12

Theres a glitch hoof already posted a ticket. I wont post it here as theres room for huge abuse. He said he was going to pass it on to you anyway but i think we deserve some compensation if its eatting stamina for no pay :).*edit* Read your PM logs

Edited by BigGrim, 15 January 2014 - 11:09.

#29 Yuuzhan

Yuuzhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 14 January 2014 - 19:55

My opinion is that there are so many buffers out there that are willing to sell below 25 stam = 1 fsp - I think setting a hard limit of 1 FSP for 25 stam is good.  If you need to be more general then the most expensive buff is 50 stam, so 2 FSP per buff is a great uppper limit.  Obviously you have to set a gold limit as well - so you need to define the exchange rate in your code somewhere - but 200k for 1 fsp is reasonable enough.

#30 Uralus

Uralus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 21:45

+1

As is now a request is made, wait 10 minutes then nothing, make a new request again nothing....no use if cheap buffs are advertised but never given....

#31 fredrice

fredrice

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 22:21

+1 

since i'm a cheap buffer myself and doesnt ignore anything requesting to me unless i'm afk or somewhere around the house doing something lol

loving the toggle all option :D

Edited by fredrice, 14 January 2014 - 22:23.

#32 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 00:06

Thanks out to HCS for all the advances on this new function.

Instead of commenting on everything here, I'll just copy/paste a Shout Box message:

"Dont want to deal with Buff Market? I got your lvl 175 fully sustained/exten​ded buffs right here! 1 fsp for all!"

This is NOT a critique of the Buff Market. Far from it. It is actually a reminder to some of the comments in the last few threads that there are other options for your sale techniques and prices.

All that said, I still consider this to be (and I could be wrong) a suggestion thread. So, at the risk of appearing to "be offered a hand and taking an arm"....

Think it should be more dynamic. If we are focusing on packages, I think a multiple search function might be more efficient.

Of course, this thought is based on what I look for... But the idea is that I want to buy Stalker and Overkill (just as an example I think lower levels are also using).... I might like to search for someone selling both and check on prices.

If I could add Smashing Hammer to that mix, blah, blah...

Setting a max for gold AND/or FSP to the search might be convenient but doesn't seem to be conceptually important at this point.

Responding to the supply side, it might be interesting and more efficient to allow bulk offers like we often see. A seller could then select buffs available in a larger group of buffs along the lines of those 5 for 2 FSP offers.

Just my quick two cents.

In any case, it's theoretically looking good to me. I admit that I haven't had a lot of time to play with it, though I have been reading.

I just wanted to add that I love the fact (despite a couple of comments) that "the onus is on the requester". The way I ran my buff sales back in the day it would never be my issue anyway. However, I know tons had complaints on players that did multiple requests, buff thieves, etc. In any case, this idea also responds to some of the worries expressed about decreased interaction in game. Personally, I'll still be checking for Reinforced/Extended and will probably continue to pm people as a double-check to save myself on costs.

Prosperous smacking everybody! (o0

#33 levy1977

levy1977

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 00:48

Good Day HCS, 

A little feedback on my part.

I am noticing the flooding of buff request coming into the inbox can be a bit overwhelming, and cause a little frustration with carrying a conversation, amongst dealing with all the auction house purchases, and expired items, along with arena results, among many other inbox notices. The functionality of the buff market is great, just not the request when its flooding into your inbox. 

Could we see a different "tab"/"link" like a buff hall, to have all request go into? this would separate things and allow the inbox to remain relatively clean-ish. 

This would help with flooding of the inbox and we wont miss potential request for buffs.. thanks :)

#34 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 00:57

+1

As is now a request is made, wait 10 minutes then nothing, make a new request again nothing....no use if cheap buffs are advertised but never given....

I just had  one request time out. I put in another one to another dealer that timed out too.  I don't really enjoy wasting time like that.  Any chance of changing the time to maybe 5 minutes?  

#35 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 00:57

have always wished for HCS to update the Log interface to allow for better organization

#36 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:07

Good Day HCS, 

A little feedback on my part.

I am noticing the flooding of buff request coming into the inbox can be a bit overwhelming, and cause a little frustration with carrying a conversation, amongst dealing with all the auction house purchases, and expired items, along with arena results, among many other inbox notices. The functionality of the buff market is great, just not the request when its flooding into your inbox. 

Could we see a different "tab"/"link" like a buff hall, to have all request go into? this would separate things and allow the inbox to remain relatively clean-ish. 

This would help with flooding of the inbox and we wont miss potential request for buffs.. thanks :)

a new notification just like guild chat/guild log/mailbox etc would be great for buff requests +alot :)

#37 levy1977

levy1977

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:14

have always wished for HCS to update the Log interface to allow for better organization

I agree.. I didn't want to bite off more than they could chew. 

It would be super nice to have a game where the inbox actually had nothing but mail (guild/otherwise), and than there be a inbox for arena, inbox for auction house notices, inbox for buff request, somehow cleaned up, so that the accepted buffs don't flood the inbox so it causes confusion to which buff request was honored and which one was missed), and  so on, so on, so on.. 

This would improve the game greatly. 

#38 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:25

+1 to 'Buff Shop' link on player profile. With that we can clear our bio, without listing so many buffs and prices.

#39 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:52

This won't help with your cluttered inbox issue, but it will help you see requests easier:
Buff Market > Manage > Requests

#40 levy1977

levy1977

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:17

This won't help with your cluttered inbox issue, but it will help you see requests easier:
Buff Market > Manage > Requests

Thanks Cyrus, I just noticed it, but as you know, it does not solve the main problem. thanks for the heads up :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: