#41 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:16

Hoof, just an warning.

When I receive more than 1 buff request and I go to 'Manage Requests' I saw this:

'XXXXX [Accept] [Decline]'
'XXXXX [Accept] [Decline]'

When I click to accept the first one the page send me to my log messages, what is ok for one request, but for two I need to go back to 'Manage Requests' and accept the second one, what makes the 'Manage Requests' page completelly useless.

Any way to change that, so when we accept the first one we stay on the 'Manage Requests' page?
That will make a lot more sense.

#42 WarQueen

WarQueen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:07

There seems to be an issue with 'double paying'.

I asked 'Player A' for 1 buff but he went AFK so I asked 'Player B' for the same buff.

'Player B' buffed me and my gold went down. (as it should).

'Player A' returned and attempted to buff me but I already had the buff from 'Player B' yet my gold in my bank went down again.

Thankfully it was gold and not fsp...

WarQueenSig1_zpsfe2b03d4.png

#43 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:35

I asked 'Player A' for 1 buff but he went AFK so I asked 'Player B' for the same buff.

'Player A' returned and attempted to buff me but I already had the buff from 'Player B' yet my gold in my bank went down again.

Are you sure that was not lvl 170x175 kind of thing?

#44 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:16

From the bottom of the Buff Market page:

"If you have a skill of equal or higher level active when the buff package is accepted, it will skip that buff and other buffs in the package will be applied and the full cost of the package will be transferred. The onus is on the requester to ensure the relevant buffs in package can be cast on them."

Translation: If you make more than one request for the same buff(s), and all sellers accept, you will automatically pay each seller you requested from. So, only ask one seller at a time if there are buffs that overlap in their packages. Requests not accepted within 10 minutes automatically expire.

#45 Uralus

Uralus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:13

"If you have a skill of equal or higher level active when the buff package is accepted, it will skip that buff and other buffs in the package will be applied and the full cost of the package will be transferred. The onus is on the requester to ensure the relevant buffs in package can be cast on them."

Translation: If you make more than one request for the same buff(s), and all sellers accept, you will automatically pay each seller you requested from. So, only ask one seller at a time if there are buffs that overlap in their packages. Requests not accepted within 10 minutes automatically expire.

Yea, I did that last night. Had to wait almost 2 hours to finally get buffed. People have their buff packages up there, but then don't bother to accept the requests. I checked them and they didn't go offline.  Having to wait 10 minutes each time is too long. Shorten that time if the requester has to ensure that the relevant buffs can be cast.

#46 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:28

Well tried it out tonight and was sad to see most of the buffers listed, when I checked, were selling buffs that weren't Extended, only 1 was Reinforced, and two weren't even Sustained.  

Perhaps folks were planning to change gear and buff up before they buffed, but usually when we say we're buffing a player preps for it.  So like the old saying says "BUYER BEWARE!"  :(

I have no problem with those who aren't high enough to have Reinforce for themselves yet - that's understandable, and no biggie - but not sustained and extended?  

I checked again just a bit ago and a different group of buffers were listed and many more were extended and reinforced, and I didn't see anyone lacking sustain.

The warning still stands -- check the Buffer before you select and buy buffs.  

Edited by BraveKath, 15 January 2014 - 11:29.

#47 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:35

Yea, I did that last night. Had to wait almost 2 hours to finally get buffed. People have their buff packages up there, but then don't bother to accept the requests. I checked them and they didn't go offline.  Having to wait 10 minutes each time is too long. Shorten that time if the requester has to ensure that the relevant buffs can be cast.

I had the same experience and 10 minutes is too long.   I suggest 3 or 5 minutes tops.

I will try using it again, but cautiously.

#48 WarQueen

WarQueen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 January 2014 - 13:55

Are you sure that was not lvl 170x175 kind of thing?

The buff on me was 175 and I'm sure the other was the same but even if it wasn't, it wouldn't have been cast (if lower or equal level) and should not have taken gold away for payment.

cyrus... I'm sure you don't mean to but that came across as really condescending...

I asked 2 buffers because 1 appeared to have gone AFK. So I asked a second buffer. The first buffer came back shortly after the second buffer buffed me.

And there was only ONE buff in the buff pack.

I don't have time to wait up to 10 minutes for buffs. You know how many creatures I can kill in 10 minutes? Or how many hits I can do on a hot bounty?

This new system isn't really any more efficient than the old way of asking for buffs. We still have to wait, wait, and wait for buffers to buff or not buff. The only difference is that payment is AUTOMATIC... more than once apparently...

Edited by WarQueen, 15 January 2014 - 14:11.

#49 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 January 2014 - 14:02

cyrus... I'm sure you don't mean to but that came across as really condescending...

I asked 2 buffers because 1 didn't accept the buff request and appeared to have logged off or stepped away from the computer. So I asked a second buffer. The first buffer came back shortly after the second buffer buffed me.

I don't have time to wait up to 10 minutes for buffs. You know how many creatures I can kill in 10 minutes? Or how many hits I can do on a hot bounty?

This new system isn't really any more efficient than the old way of asking for buffs. We still have to wait, wait, and wait for buffers to buff or not buff. The only difference is that payment is AUTOMATIC... more than once apparently...

I was simply pointing out the disclaimer on the page, which states that if you ask multiple players, and they accept, you will be charged, since that is what you were complaining about. Not sure why you take offense to the facts being pointed out, but oh well.

You can, of course, still use the old-school method of getting buffed if you desire, and that is, to PM players who advertise they're selling. I'm still seeing plenty of "buffs for sale" ads in the ad boxes.

No matter which method you use, the fact remains that there is a human on the other end of the request, and therefore it is possibly there may not be "instant" service.

#50 Uralus

Uralus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 14:14

or, make it that you can manually cancel the request. problem of double payment solved.

#51 spartani

spartani

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 14:15

I had the same experience and 10 minutes is too long.   I suggest 3 or 5 minutes tops.

10 minutes is too much time indeed.

This morning I had to wait 20 minutes to avoid getting "multi-buffed".

Luckely I hitted someone really online on the 3rd try, if I had missed also this one, that would be 30 minutes waiting for buffs...

Of course I could also have gone directly to someone online and not listed in the buff market, but the goal of the buff market is precisely to avoid such thing and make it a preferential spot for buff buying...

#52 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 January 2014 - 14:20

or, make it that you can manually cancel the request. problem of double payment solved.

In theory, that sounds good... but it could be used as a way to log-spam people. Request, Cancel, Request, Cancel, Request, Cancel...

#53 Uralus

Uralus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 14:22

In theory, that sounds good... but it could be used as a way to log-spam people. Request, Cancel, Request, Cancel, Request, Cancel...

that is why there is an ignore button

#54 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 January 2014 - 14:24

that is why there is an ignore button

If the Ignore List carries over to the Buff Marketplace, then yes, it would.  

Does anyone know for sure if it does? I'd like to know that for other reasons as well lol...

#55 Callithrix

Callithrix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 15:27

• If the player requesting a Buff Package already has a buff of equal or higher level active when the seller accepts the request, the buff will be skipped and the rest of the package will be applied. (Note the onus is on the requester to ensure the relevant buffs in package can be cast on them.)

So, that means the payment will be fully delivered even if not all the buffs requested have been cast buy the seller.

I just received a request from seomeone and promptly buffed them. As the log page refreshed after that I had another pending request from the same player asking for the same package (obviously he/she double-clicked, or made multiple requests). I didn't notice that and just accepted the request. The buff was already running and therefore was not cast. But the payment was sent to me.

That is a big issue imo. I mean, we have to wait for all the 10 mins after each request before making a new one? I believe there should be a away so the individual price of the buff is discounted from the payment if that specific buff in the package could not be cast.

Besides that, I appreciate this new feature. Great work, cows.

#56 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 January 2014 - 15:31

I believe there should be a away so the individual price of the buff is discounted from the payment if that specific buff in the package could not be cast.

How would "individual price" be determined when buffs are in a package? Buffs cost differing amounts of stamina, so you can't just divide package price by number of buffs. Additionally, what if it's 10 buffs for 1 FSP? How would 1 FSP be auto-divided if 1 buff can't be cast?

#57 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 16:34

If the player requesting a Buff Package already has a buff of equal or higher level active when the seller accepts the request, the buff will be skipped and the rest of the package will be applied. (Note the onus is on the requester to ensure the relevant buffs in package can be cast on them.)

if this is making profit for buffers without even having to cast one buff, something is wrong.. 

can we discuss about getting rid of this?

if i can't buff my package due to the requester having one or more of the buffs, GOOD! i had no problem with it working like this.. i did have a problem when i noticed i charged a player full price for a buff package and it wasn't fully cast. i sent a message to the player asking them if they would want to deactivate the buff and get mine casted. 

never thought that this could be a big problem till i'm hearing players being double charged when only a single buff is requested.. 

due to this, i will not be requesting buffs from more than one player.. which will most likely end up me waiting 10 minutes for the autorefresh'r to not accept my requests.. and with there being no log message of a request sent out or a way to manage those, i'll have to keep my eye on the clock.. and i don't know if once it expires, am i given a message in the log?

this is too risky to be good for the overall of the buff market..

so please remove this part of the feature.

#58 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 16:45

i agree with a lowering of the time limit for the request.. 

#59 WarQueen

WarQueen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 January 2014 - 20:48

I was simply pointing out the disclaimer on the page, which states that if you ask multiple players, and they accept, you will be charged, since that is what you were complaining about. Not sure why you take offense to the facts being pointed out, but oh well.

You can, of course, still use the old-school method of getting buffed if you desire, and that is, to PM players who advertise they're selling. I'm still seeing plenty of "buffs for sale" ads in the ad boxes.

No matter which method you use, the fact remains that there is a human on the other end of the request, and therefore it is possibly there may not be "instant" service.

Not taking offense, like I said, I'm sure you DIDN'T mean to sound that way. Pointing out blatantly obvious things to me like I'm a new to the game nubbin is kinda like rubbing a cat's fur in the wrong direction. *shrug*

Sure, I could contact people the old fashioned way (and yes, I know how to do it, thank you for telling me it's via the PM system...) but doesn't that make the whole reason for the Buff Marketplace kind of ridiculous?

My issue wasn't with "instant service". The issue lies with the getting buffed ONCE but paying TWICE.

if this is making profit for buffers without even having to cast one buff, something is wrong.. 

Exactly.

Edited by WarQueen, 15 January 2014 - 20:52.

#60 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 January 2014 - 21:28

My issue wasn't with "instant service". The issue lies with the getting buffed ONCE but paying TWICE.

Earlier you said this:

I asked 2 buffers because 1 appeared to have gone AFK. So I asked a second buffer. The first buffer came back shortly after the second buffer buffed me.

So the reason you were charged twice was because you got impatient and made a second request before the first expired.

The disclaimer we've both read says you will be charged if the seller accepts your request, even if you already have the buffs.

What's the solution here?  

Should the package request be fully denied if any of the buffs are already active on the recipient? Should requests expire sooner? 

Or perhaps it should be left the way it is, so that buyers cannot request from every seller at once, and only the first who clicks Accept gets the sale? Some people do that, and it wastes the time of the sellers.

No solution is going to seem 100% fair from both sides.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: