Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 15:06

1) What is to stop auto reload from getting around this?

Nothing, however the old system could have been automated too. We could add a captcha or something to it, however I feel the usability of it is the most important thing and this would just be an annoyance.

2) Also, did you test to see if buff master and guild buffer still work with this new automation?

They will still work with it yeah :)

3) Will people on your ignore list be able to buy from your buff packages? I would think not but wanted to double check.

They will, however do you see this as an issue?

4) To clarify, what happens when you hit your 100 threshold, are you not allowed to sell that buff package anymore? or until that 100 resets? when is the reset?

You can adjust the amount of casts whenever you with. The purpose of it is to allow you to control the amount of stamina used.

#22 Uralus

Uralus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 15:07

I love it. Thanks for the change.

#23 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 15:07

to stop the vending effect can a player only be showing as active if they have clicked to another page/site link type thing eg they were on AH so if they click AH again it wont change your activity or be considered active by the buff market?

I think that over complicates it - I don't really see an issue with how the activity works currently.

#24 WWWolf

WWWolf
  • United States of America

Posted 30 January 2014 - 15:08

When does it Reset?

Daily? Weekly? Never?

Edited by WWWolf, 30 January 2014 - 15:08.

#25 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 15:09

When does it Reset?

Daily? Weekly? Never?

It doesn't reset, its a value you need to specify and update manually. Hence you need to be active and monitor it to ensure you buffs are on sale to other players :)

#26 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 30 January 2014 - 15:10

ok, so when your remaining casts get low or empty, you just add to it (up to 100 total) and you are good...

got it.

#27 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 15:11

ok, so when your remaining casts get low or empty, you just add to it (up to 100 total) and you are good...

got it.

Exactly yeah :)

#28 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 30 January 2014 - 15:11

Any hopes on getting a "View Buffs" link next to the "View Auctions" link in players' profiles?

#29 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2014 - 15:12

There doesn't seem to be an icon for the Mage Tower in the Extras.

#30 BabyMad

BabyMad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 15:17

View buffs on player profile would be a good idea to

Also with this new tweak theres alot of gold involved. People can drain others stam and then attack to steal all the gold. What about people's name are hidden like fsp marked?

I must say your buff package is a great deal!

Maybe you should change the icons to text so people dont have to mouse over. Lazyness yeah! Maybe not.

Edited by BabyMad, 30 January 2014 - 15:21.

#31 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2014 - 15:18

Thanks for the update Hoof, but I must say I'm very disappointed. I thought you would have stuck to your no automation of this process.

Is there a thumbs down somewhere for the post? 

Edited by Kedyn, 30 January 2014 - 15:19.

#32 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2014 - 15:22

Also with this new tweak theres alot of gold involved. People can drain others stam and then attack to steal all the gold. What about people's name are hidden like fsp marked?

People could sell for FSP instead of gold. Or, since they have to be online to sell, they can convert their gold to FSP or bank it. Hiding peoples names makes it even more of a personless machine action.

#33 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2014 - 15:26

People could sell for FSP instead of gold. Or, since they have to be online to sell, they can convert their gold to FSP or bank it. Hiding peoples names makes it even more of a personless machine action.

It's already a machine by allowing people to set the number of casts. Why not make it more of a machine?

But I agree - don't hide peoples names. You should be online to convert gold, otherwise, don't sell in gold.

Edited by Kedyn, 30 January 2014 - 15:28.

#34 BabyMad

BabyMad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 15:30

I agree now when you throw that aspect. Dont make it to easy for people to get gold :P

It work great so far for my 1gold test pack. sold 20 allready

Edited by BabyMad, 30 January 2014 - 15:30.

#35 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 15:32

Thanks for the update Hoof, but I must say I'm very disappointed. I thought you would have stuck to your no automation of this process.

Is there a thumbs down somewhere for the post? 

After seeing how it was working (or wasn't) with the requests, I felt it was better to go with this system. It makes it easier to use (which can only be a good thing) and solves the issue with players requesting multiple packages from different players due to players not responding (then responding and causing duplicate buffs to be cast etc.). Overall I just think it works better :)

It's already a machine by allowing people to set the number of casts. Why not make it more of a machine?

But I agree - don't hide peoples names. You should be online to convert gold, otherwise, don't sell in gold.

No plans to hide the names of the buff sellers :)

#36 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 15:35

There doesn't seem to be an icon for the Mage Tower in the Extras.

I've added that now :)

#37 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2014 - 15:38

After seeing how it was working (or wasn't) with the requests, I felt it was better to go with this system. It makes it easier to use (which can only be a good thing) and solves the issue with players requesting multiple packages from different players due to players not responding (then responding and causing duplicate buffs to be cast etc.). Overall I just think it works better :)

While I applaud the effort that went into it, as was brought up before, this allows players who have been dormant (ie log on every once in a while) to essentially crash the market with buffs. The time that was involved for those who actually took the time to sell buffs has been removed and is now replaced with an almost 100% automated system. If set up correctly, the system is 100% automated as you've mentioned before. If a player only sells buffs for FSP, then they will never run the risk of having too much gold, and will just stack up the FSP, especially if it's an inactive player that logs on only 1 or 2 times a week (ie enough to reset the 100 buff packs). 

I still am disappointed in the fact, and I know a lot of work went into this, but this could have been avoided with many of the suggestions that were brought up in the last buff thread regarding the automation update. In no way am I trying to put down what you've done and not ungrateful, but just disappointed to see this piece of the game almost 100% removed and remove a portion of the game that really improved the game - the talking between players. 

#38 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 15:39

No plans to hide the names of the buff sellers :)

As a buyer, I had great success buying buffs (albeit I only hunted once since introduced.) hopefully it wasn't just a small group of complainers but an epidemic.

I know someone else suggested it before but why was having buff slots not considered?

#39 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2014 - 15:43

Sorry made a mistake - did not see the cost before.

Edited by Kedyn, 30 January 2014 - 15:44.

#40 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2014 - 15:51

There should be a CAP on amount of packages you can advertise.... People with tons of FSP on hand are drowning out the rest of us with offers for cheap buffs for like 15k for one buff.... it's pretty distressing that you can advertise ALL of your packages just to block out other players who put up one or two.

Choose Two Packages, three max to advertise. Seeing multiple people with 10+ packages advertised to drown the rest of us out is genuinely appalling...

Please HCS adjust this setting so we arent wasting our FSP to think our ads will be seen.

Edited by Gutie, 30 January 2014 - 15:53.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: