koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 30 January 2014 - 16:32

Posting multiple of same pack is possible and buffs in list could be shown horizontay, so that you can see more packages on screen.

#42 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 30 January 2014 - 16:38

buffs in list could be shown horizontay, so that you can see more packages on screen.

Yeah this goes with my suggestion for reworking the search results.

#43 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 16:46

There should be a CAP on amount of packages you can advertise.... People with tons of FSP on hand are drowning out the rest of us with offers for cheap buffs for like 15k for one buff.... it's pretty distressing that you can advertise ALL of your packages just to block out other players who put up one or two.

Choose Two Packages, three max to advertise. Seeing multiple people with 10+ packages advertised to drown the rest of us out is genuinely appalling...

Please HCS adjust this setting so we arent wasting our FSP to think our ads will be seen.

The featured Buff Packages are shown randomly each time you visit the Buff Market page.

#44 BabyMad

BabyMad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 17:25

What about show stam used when someone buy from buff marked? Maybe show stam cost and cost with buff master. Or im just to hopefull? :P

#45 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 17:30

Automation rears it's ugly head.  The one thing this WILL do, is stop the interminable 10 minute wait for a buffer who has signed off.  I think I was running about 50/50 in asking for buffs and getting them, and that's with checking the player to see if they were on in the last 20 seconds.  Personally, I would like to have seen the waiting period moved down to 3 or 4 minutes, 5 at the max.  The die is cast now, so we'll see what happens.

#46 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 17:38

as usual greed wins out..the higher level greedy players get thier way,..automation..= greed and like someone else said..most players buffs packages are never seen..disgusting..many different things could have been done..not automation...lowering the time to 2-3 minutes probably would have helped..somehow everyones buff packages need to be seen...not just a few at random..and i seem to get the same ones each time i check..not very random...automation boooooooo

#47 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2014 - 17:41

as usual greed wins out..the higher level greedy players get thier way,..automation..= greed 

No need to group all higher levels as greedy; it's rather insulting.  I'm over level 1600, and I am firmly against this automation.

#48 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2014 - 17:50

Automation boooooooo

Enough. You have been warned about this. Remain respectful and civil in the forums if you wish to retain your privileges.

#49 Gorrent

Gorrent

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 19:43

Just my opinion,

max number for casting is really high. the number of recently active player is not above 1000, i thinks 10 max for casting is good to prevent full automation instead of 100.

#50 callmeabc

callmeabc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 19:48

So many playes stating how they don't want an automated system - Instead of looking at the alternatives the players have come up with a HSC decideds to use acompletely automated system. Now I can just make the same buff pack over and over set each at the max of 100 and collect payment offline. Great job! Guess I'll see what the limit on number of buff packs are (great FSP sink allow 2-3 free and have players pay for more) I still wish you would would look at allowing us to ST buffs - I like player interaction and knowing I will be compensated / get what I pay for

--EDIT-- I set up 25 buff packs that are just SSI. That is 2500 imps at a total cost of 125,000 stamina. If i earn about 2000 stam per day Those buff packs will cover 65 days woth of stamina

Edited by callmeabc, 30 January 2014 - 20:16.

Avatar upgrade - http://forums.hunted...showtopic=55576

GvG tracking ideas -

In the advisor - http://forums.hunted...showtopic=55250

In a building - http://forums.hunted...showtopic=53004

#51 dowuones

dowuones

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 20:13

I see a couple of problems:

1) Being able to buff when I'm not at PC is a big big no, this shouldn't happen.

An example: players not actually interested in their stamina, can just auto reload and sell huge amounts of buffs (and this also destroy buff market, if i don't actually play anymore, i set buffs 1,000 gold each , auto-reload and go away)

Another example: i can buff guildmates and friends all day without being at PC. I just set very high prices, auto reload, they buy buffs from me, and when i come back I'll refund them.

2) This way of buffing kills interactions between players. Simple words like "please", "yes, sure", "thank you", "happy hunting" are much more important then it seems, they make interact players, its what keeps the game alive.

The solution might be: you click "request", you get no answer, you click "delete request". End.

If i get a request, i have to be there and accept it. If im not there, its my fault, customer lost. I appreciate the effort to make things easier, but i dont think this update should stay as it is.

#52 Dowster

Dowster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 20:31

Most people choose to play MM online games because the gaming experience is enhanced when you're playing and interacting with other real people. If I take the time to think about those I talk to regularly on FS and would consider as friends, I would be hard pushed to find more than a handful that I got to know through things other than PvP or buff selling/buying. The PvP system is now somewhat watered down from it's original form, and allows people - if they so chose - to play through the game almost as if they are playing a single player offline game. So the backbone of keeping the MM feel here is the need to find and communicate with other people when you have a requirement for buffs.

We still have an active community here, but in terms of numbers we're more the size of a small town, rather than a city of millions, and im sure your average small town folk wouldn't appreciate visiting their local shops just to get served by a robot, and miss out on the obligatory small talk.

Edited by Dowster, 30 January 2014 - 20:32.

#53 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 20:36

Also with this new tweak theres alot of gold involved. People can drain others stam and then attack to steal all the gold. What about people's name are hidden like fsp marked?

Since you have to be online, this is irrelevant. But more to the point... why would I spend all my gold and then hit to get some of it back?

There should be a CAP on amount of packages you can advertise.... People with tons of FSP on hand are drowning out the rest of us with offers for cheap buffs for like 15k for one buff.... it's pretty distressing that you can advertise ALL of your packages just to block out other players who put up one or two.

Well, Hoof has now responded to this himself that there is a random rotation every time you visit the Buff MP... that kind of perturbs me actually.

But I guess it's essentially the FS Box feature.

Hmmm... probably need to think about this some more, before working out an opinion.

While there are a lot of people are complaining (notice I didn't say "whining" for once) because of the automation aspect, I personally think it's great and suggested it be a lot more automated than it has now been made. There are several arguments against my request and they are understood. There were also several requests similar to mine in the original thread towards automation.

However, what I would like to point out is very simple. Nobody is requiring you to use this system one way or the other. I finally actually had the chance to use this system for hunting last weekend and have some input that "may" be given later, but my point here is this: I still talked to my sellers.

Nothing is limiting interaction whatsoever on either the buyer or the seller side. It's facilitating buff transactions and that's about it. If you don't like it, stick to Shout Box or FSBox.

As for the whole "fear of the vending machine", I will simply say, tongue-in-cheek, that there is this thing called EOC. If I was actually there, I'd appreciate the capability of being able to continue in the social aspect of the game while selling buffs or doing whatever.

Regardless, I continue to make my buff purchases personal. I understand there are people who don't want to be social. I fail to see why this is such a crime.

So anyway, my thumbs up... I'm liking it more and more as time goes on and it blows the top off the FS Helper Find Buffs already ,oP

Prosperous smacking everybody! (o0

EDIT: took out one response thanks to another player who made me "see" the issue.

Edited by Egami, 30 January 2014 - 20:39.

#54 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2014 - 20:37

So many playes stating how they don't want an automated system - Instead of looking at the alternatives the players have come up with a HSC decideds to use acompletely automated system. Now I can just make the same buff pack over and over set each at the max of 100 and collect payment offline. Great job! Guess I'll see what the limit on number of buff packs are (great FSP sink allow 2-3 free and have players pay for more) I still wish you would would look at allowing us to ST buffs - I like player interaction and knowing I will be compensated / get what I pay for

--EDIT-- I set up 25 buff packs that are just SSI. That is 2500 imps at a total cost of 125,000 stamina. If i earn about 2000 stam per day Those buff packs will cover 65 days woth of stamina

Thanks for checking that out. I was worried about someone setting up the same buff pack over and over again (ie 10 buff pack of all the same buffs) and just putting it at 100 buffs each. When one runs out, there is another just waiting to be used. 

#55 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2014 - 20:39

Hoof has already stated that you need to be online for your packs to be available.

I don't think you need to be online for your packs to be available. I think you just need to be "online" to refresh the number of packs you have in your buff packages. I think you could be completely offline for days and still show up when someone seeks a specific buff you have in your buff package. 

#56 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2014 - 20:41

I see a couple of problems:

1) Being able to buff when I'm not at PC is a big big no, this shouldn't happen.

An example: players not actually interested in their stamina, can just auto reload and sell huge amounts of buffs (and this also destroy buff market, if i don't actually play anymore, i set buffs 1,000 gold each , auto-reload and go away)

Another example: i can buff guildmates and friends all day without being at PC. I just set very high prices, auto reload, they buy buffs from me, and when i come back I'll refund them.

2) This way of buffing kills interactions between players. Simple words like "please", "yes, sure", "thank you", "happy hunting" are much more important then it seems, they make interact players, its what keeps the game alive.

The solution might be: you click "request", you get no answer, you click "delete request". End.

If i get a request, i have to be there and accept it. If im not there, its my fault, customer lost. I appreciate the effort to make things easier, but i dont think this update should stay as it is.

Thanks for the good idea about how to keep guildies buffed when I'm not around, lol. #ikeed

But seriously... I do get that the ads rotate... just that you can run ALL of your packages on ads, go on auto refresh.... etc...

I get you guys worked on this update for the automation... but it's as dowuones said... really is prone to abuse by some who actually have more stam than they have time to use. Almost like a scratch on the back for those who got heavy into the game early on to net the gains from.

It's not really any good for the game long term if this rewards people intentionally bottoming out the buff market. How is there any benefit for people not at 1200+ to be selling buffs if people are selling 300 stam in buffs for 1 fsp including SH/EF/OK if the trend continues?

I can say flat out I've already benefitted from the Buff marketplace, but it's basically driven a lot of buffers in the sub 900 level zone out of the competition for buff sales. Not trying to be crass... but I kind of had a feeling this would happen when I saw it as an option to vote for on roadmap... nothing I can do but deal with it I guess.

@ BG/hoof: I presume there is other additional coding surrounding the automation ongoing, hence why rolling-back this part of the update is deemed not acceptable to propose? Not trying to start anything, just out of genuine curiosity, which I would understand if the guys are working on building upon the automation system in the offices. Kind of rude to them to up and say, "oh by the way, the stuff we spent all week working on is scrapped because the members don't like it" ..........but I still can't say I'm keen on this system due to potential for abuse as dowuones pointed out.

EDIT: wasn't saying one CANT see their ads... but it took me about 5 mins of refreshing until i saw one of my two ads i put out. I even joked I SEE IT :D in guild chat when I finally saw my ad. It was an exaggeration, but only a slight one.... When 4-5 people put out over a dozen different ads its hard to get a word in edgewise... It's like someone putting out the same FS Box 5+  times.....

EDIT #2: The potential for abuse is what I have issue with. Why should someone be rewarded for not being as active as someone who is more active? How does allowing someone who devotes 5 mins every two days get rewarded essentially as much as someone on 4+ hours a day?

Edited by Gutie, 30 January 2014 - 20:47.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#57 callmeabc

callmeabc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 20:43

callmeabc, on 30 Jan 2014 - 14:48, said:snapback.png

--EDIT-- I set up 25 buff packs that are just SSI. That is 2500 imps at a total cost of 125,000 stamina. If i earn about 2000k stam per day Those buff packs will cover 65 days woth of stamina

Hoof has already stated that you need to be online for your packs to be available.

^All one needs to do is leave a browser window open with global chat to be considered "online" I do it all the time during GvG's People are less likely to attack you when your light is green

GvG tracking ideas -

#58 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 20:47

callmeabc, on 30 Jan 2014 - 14:48, said:snapback.png

^All one needs to do is leave a browser window open with global chat to be considered "online" I do it all the time during GvG's People are less likely to attack you when your light is green

Nuts, that's the response I edited out, lol.

In any case, I still fail to see the problem ,oP

#59 callmeabc

callmeabc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 21:01

Nuts, that's the response I edited out, lol.

In any case, I still fail to see the problem ,oP

You fail to see the problem Of someone being able to sell buffs 24/7, limited only by stamina on hand? If you are a buyer there is no problem. The problem is when you have some one , for example an EOC player, who has nothing better to do with their stam. They can dominate the market - even in their sleep

GvG tracking ideas -

#60 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2014 - 21:02

EDIT: wasn't saying one CANT see their ads... but it took me about 5 mins of refreshing until i saw one of my two ads i put out. I even joked I SEE IT :D in guild chat when I finally saw my ad. It was an exaggeration, but only a slight one.... When 4-5 people put out over a dozen different ads its hard to get a word in edgewise... It's like someone putting out the same FS Box 5+  times.....

EDIT #2: The potential for abuse is what I have issue with. Why should someone be rewarded for not being as active as someone who is more active? How does allowing someone who devotes 5 mins every two days get rewarded essentially as much as someone on 4+ hours a day?

Basically I'm restating this again. It's kind of key here that with the system being how it is... it's wide open for the very scenario dowuones pointed out. The way things work via auto-refresh and the world map being up due to global chat. one can run multiple variations of the same buff packs x100 and walk away selling the best buffs in the game for 1 fsp.

How is that even remotely legitmate? If we want to squeeze all the buffers who don't have 20k+ max stam out of the game for buffing then fine. I'll have to live with it.... but I don't like it any even if I personally benefit from it, because it will come down to a few people doing just what was pointed out to hose a lot of other people other than me I'd like to see net some FSP for themselves too, guildmates guild allies and otherwise who are going to get blocked out.

I do appreciate HCS trying to fix this with automation but dowuones pointed out something key. Not everyone is going to give a damn about other players getting a fair shake. If it's within the rules some stretch it to the limit they can get away with. That's why the GXP thing got changed. At some point I'm just worried this will in the end get rolled back/altered anyhow... Imo might as well do it now before HCS staffers pour more time and effort into it and people have even larger misgivings over this than they do now.

Edited by Gutie, 30 January 2014 - 21:05.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: