Photo

Hunting Map Titan Kill Count

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Hunting Map Titan Kill Count (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like a titan kill count on your hunting map page that shows yours and your guild-mates, or even just the total guild kills in real time?

1. Yes (48 votes [94.12%])

Percentage of vote: 94.12%

2. No (3 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:14

I've run out of "Likes" for today, but appreciate everyone's comments on this thread.  Great to see folks engaged in discussing it.  So whether you're in support or not, discussion is a good thing, though I am glad to see so many liking the idea and a number of folks making great suggestions to improve upon the initial idea.

#22 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:13

Great IDEA BK ! .. I hate keeping track in my head .... ! .2.,3..4..200..201  251, 251!! =)

#23 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:04

I think this would work well tied in with an upgrade to scout tower(level 4)

#24 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:23

Evilbry - That's a good idea.  :)  

Admittedly, I'm cost conscious and Scout Tower isn't cheap, so then in that scenario I'd personally like to see the overall cost per hour of the Scout Tower adjusted a bit, so that the price for ST-4 didn't jump up proportionate to the present cost of ST-3.  This wouldn't be an issue for larger & active/richer guilds, but for a guild like mine and those that have a greater proportion of lower level players it would be and perhaps that's fair enough.  I recognize I may not be objective on this, but I still like this extension of the idea - it's logical.

#25 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:24

Great IDEA BK ! .. I hate keeping track in my head .... ! .2.,3..4..200..201  251, 251!! =)

Thinking positively, until this idea starts we'll need to get you one of those handheld counters Bloody.  :lol:

#26 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 14:45

Nice idea. Rather than have it placed on the map, I would suggest that it is placed under the map, where the global event kill count is. Possibly even have a progress bar of the titans total hp left as well.

Another use for this idea would be to add a count to the GvG logs.

You were victorious over X(Guild Conflict Kill) 1/25.

#27 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 23:53

Nice idea. Rather than have it placed on the map, I would suggest that it is placed under the map, where the global event kill count is. Possibly even have a progress bar of the titans total hp left as well.

Another use for this idea would be to add a count to the GvG logs.

You were victorious over X(Guild Conflict Kill) 1/25.

Absolutely - don't want it cluttering the map.  I get frustrated with the creature list as it blocks my view at times :)

I've done a lot of GvG's in the past and the counter for that never was a problem for me, as you're not under the same time crunch, BUT that's just my perception.  If this would help folks - sure.  My only concern would be putting too many things in the counter could slow it down; however, if HCS could ideally allow you to select which titan you're tracking and so then with that you could turn on/off GvG counter.  

Love seeing people brain-storm beyond the initial idea. :)

#28 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:07

great idea..when titan improvements come this is needed..

#29 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:18

This goes well with the idea. Besides, what would it hurt?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#30 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:25

This goes well with the idea. Besides, what would it hurt?

yep - absolutely expands and fits with the original idea.  Evil and others have really built upon the initial idea and improved upon it!   :wub: to see positive, creative brain-storming

#31 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:30

We don't care until we get rid of CD :-)

Cooldown is not going anywhere. We have stated this repeatedly. Further derailing of this topic will not be tolerated.

I have removed a huge amount of flaming and derailment. Messages have been sent to the troublemakers. Stay on topic. 

#32 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:38

Cooldown is not going anywhere. We have stated this repeatedly. Further derailing of this topic will not be tolerated.

I have removed a huge amount of flaming and derailment. Messages have been sent to the troublemakers. Stay on topic. 

Thank you Grim  :wub:

#33 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 17:26

Evilbry - That's a good idea.   :)  

Admittedly, I'm cost conscious and Scout Tower isn't cheap, so then in that scenario I'd personally like to see the overall cost per hour of the Scout Tower adjusted a bit, so that the price for ST-4 didn't jump up proportionate to the present cost of ST-3.  This wouldn't be an issue for larger & active/richer guilds, but for a guild like mine and those that have a greater proportion of lower level players it would be and perhaps that's fair enough.  I recognize I may not be objective on this, but I still like this extension of the idea - it's logical.

Yeah, I think that would be an idea. I would be too cheap to use it for my guild, I have to admit, as I've never bothered upgrading the Scout Tower beyond level 1. But it is a thing in life that we pay for our conveniences... so a level 4 structure that creates a onscreen counter similar to the global counter to let guildies know titan HP, their personal and the guild's total kill count would be cool. Possibly % to secure too, but that is pretty easy to work out!!

I'd rather the counter had features that opened up at each level of Scout Tower from 1-3 as I suggested earlier... but that could be naked self-interest in action, which I did not realise was present until I saw Bry's suggestion - LOL!!

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#34 Rek

Rek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 17:38

@Biggrim

What are your thoughts on this idea?

With enough votes, will it possibly be brought into the game?

Big sexy Sig by the one, the only, the marvelous, Beanopoly

#35 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 18:17

Your forgetting a post...anyways like i said before there are ways around this open two windows guys and auto refresh one :). Lets let the roadmap play out and see if this makes the cut for the next one i guess? Is it a good idea yes but it isnt that detrimental like you said already BK.

#36 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:52

Been thinking more about this and while logically it seems appropriate to make this a Scout Tower Upgrade, the current hourly cost of Scoutt Tower is outside the budget now of many guilds.  Not to reduce the current cost, but if this idea finds itself on the HCS agenda for review for future development I would like to see the structure upkeep cost to Scout Tower restructured so that it doesn't greatly exceed the current cost of Scout Tower 3.

Many of the stat benefit structures aren't as helpful as they once were due to all the great buffs we have available, so the members of smaller guilds perhaps occasionally have to make a bit more effort to hunt /PvP on an equal footing with guilds with more structures, but in general the difference is small.

Right now I see the game truly benefiting from the new small guilds that have cropped up.  They have inspired more activity from players that had become apathetic in larger guilds and now excited about building something fresh.  This enthusiasm benefits all of us no matter the size of our guild, as the more engaged players in the game directly equates to more fun for us all.  Thus I think encouraging smaller guilds by not breaking their banks is a good thing for us all.  The cost of building the Scout Tower and proportionately a level 4 would not have to change despite it being very costly.  In the end it's the hourly costs that are the hardest.

As EP states above an open tab on the Scout Tower can serve the same purpose, but we all know the less we have open on our desktop while Titan hunting the better.

Just my perspective. 

#37 Uralus

Uralus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:58

Yes, it wastes time to go look at the scout tower, but that is so for everybody. While it is easier to have the info right there where you hunt, I don't think this is so urgent. This can go on roadmap, but is not a super urgent thing.

#38 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 00:36

Yes, it wastes time to go look at the scout tower, but that is so for everybody. While it is easier to have the info right there where you hunt, I don't think this is so urgent. This can go on roadmap, but is not a super urgent thing.

Thanks for your support Uralus.  No was never intended as urgent, just a proposed idea that if found to have merit could be put in the queue at some point in the future.  I tried to make that clear in my initial post on this thread.

#39 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 February 2014 - 18:34

this could probably be on the next roadmap

and if possible make a direct link to the scout tower in the guild tab on the left aswell hate going to manage and then clicking on da scout tower :/

because people love gold sinks most likely the best option would be the scout tower level 4 could be costing 25k? ( i mean it's like an extra piece of service and you gotta pay  for it :P)

i'd suggest that you have a bar on the bottom where a titan is at that whenever you have your preference set to hide critters when titan on map that it shows

for the bar i'd suggest that you have a filled up bar where you have a green / red / gray zone

green = percentage of kills of your guild 

red = percentage of kills from other guilds

grey = available tkp

dunno if showing exact numbers would be wise since that would slow down more ...

i mean once you see 51%  at green you should go and stop

make the bar refresh with every 0 keystroke or repair keystroke ( R key )

during global events i'd suggest that this bar takes over the global event bar because of the preference with the hide critters option

this would mostlikely be the best way to implement your idea

it would take a bit of time to get the code ready i think but it will most likely look awesome :P

benefits of this :

- easier to see how the competition is doing

- you will know when it's secured right away

- no more 2 windows

- more goldsink

negative points would be

- probably a bit more lagg

- would be expensive to have

i would rather not have individual kills in there since there would be more calculating and that could possibly slow it down more if  you know that your alone then guild kills = your kills anyways and else you can just see how you did when done

i'd love to see this on the next roadmap

but let's just wait for this one to finish :P just remind them hoofs of this topic when they start a new roadmap

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#40 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 00:29

Cripler - so you've done a 180 degree turn from your page 1 comment, and great you like the idea now, but sorry really not a fan of all the bells and whistles you want with it.  Bells and whistles = lag.  

I disagree, I don't think it's good to track the progress of other guilds:  
That's takes some of the fun and excitement out of the hunt.  Then we go from the happy newlyweds running around screaming with glee "catch me, catch me" to the old married couple that mutters "maybe tomorrow, the game's on now".  A little mystery is always a good thing.

Color coding and being told when to stop when we hit 50%: 
I understand if the math is hard for some, but I really don't think we need to dumb down the game that much.

Cost of 25K an hour 24/7 - that means only a very few guilds could afford this and I'm politically a Centrist and a humanitarian, thus I'm not a fan of a few perks for a very select few.  It would put those few guilds at a TREMENDOUS advantage over other guilds.  If that were the case, all of my support for this idea is removed as I still believe the little guy should have a chance in this game and in life.

One problem with Scout Tower 4 - many guilds really don't need to track 10 titans, thus they don't need Scout Tower 3 and the cost at the current rate of building and more importantly maintaining a ST 4 based on current costs then makes the game tip dramatically in favor of a few select rich guilds and I don't think that is good for the longevity and life of the game.  Everyone has to have a chance to win or they pack their bags and go elsewhere.  

The idea was about encouraging more people to Titan Hunt by giving them a bit more information readily available that could prove motivational and good feedback, and that everyone's on an equal footing.

We all need to keep the players we have in the game and solicit more players and that isn't done in a have's and have's not scenario.  Still everyone has to work and Titan Hunting is concentration and work, so there's no handout regardless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: