• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

#21 Brice

Brice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 15:35

So this is what I have so far...we will need to set a date and time when this will go down...thinking on the weekend a few weeks out..this way guilds can spread the word and get prepared for battle...should set up a "who's in" type of list....this is for all guilds to participate if you choose to...I want to see all guilds competing but some kind of bracket system should be implemented for fairness...example...guilds lvl 200 to 999... Lvls 1000 to 2000...etc..but if you want to take on a powerful guild like FFS(just using you as an example :) ) and you can win it...more points should be given to that guild....still working on this...still in the building stages

Edited by Brice, 12 May 2014 - 16:36.

#22 Brice

Brice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 15:38

How+_fb3961d4c64d11c3d7972314bb1471a3.gi

Just bumping this cause I like it :D

#23 EKUEKU

EKUEKU

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 May 2014 - 17:00

I have thought about this for a while now...all the years that I have played FS have I seen such an event...it is time for us as a community to come together and put a little "UMPH" back into the game...what I am about to propose is a Guild vs. Guild all out "Ground and Pound"... No "Ninja Stealth" GvG's...I mean when there is war between clans,groups, or countries both sides are prepared for battle Right!!! One is not asleep while the other attacks...YOU ARE READY FOR THE "POOP TO HIT THE FAN".

1. This must be approved by your guild Leaders and Founders
2. THIS IS ALL IN GOOD FUN
3. Good clean smack talk is in courage but be respectful, and try not to get out of hand
4. This is about your Guild coming together as one to Defend and Attack
5. If you are retentive about your GvG record this is not for you
6. This needs to be planned out far enough ahead (but not to far out)for all guilds to get prepared
7. If you are a non-PvPer or a non-GvGer you still have a roll in defending your guild by buffing,making potions,and watching the GvG board...
8. NO STAM GEAR FOR 24hrs
9. I encourage that all guilds involved have as many players online as they can for you to be successful
10. Will need the FS Community to help promote this...

"A STORM IS COMING...WILL YOUR GUILD BE READY"

I would like more opinions on this...I know we as a community can pull this off....THIS CAN BE ONE EPIC EVENT!!! LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!

We will work out the details and bugs on this over the next week TOGETHER ;)

If the Cows would go along with this it would be great ;)

EKUEKU and in Fallen Sword it is EKUEKU

#24 Slave25000

Slave25000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 17:11

Since guild allies dont really mean much except that you won't gvg eachover, why not like have 2 teams of 2/3 guilds have a war too, like it'll be pure chaos, you have like 3 enemies but also two allies. you could like co-ordinate attcks between guilds and it'll have many styles of play. like 3 guilds smashing one at a time etc. it's an idea, tell me if it sounds far fetched, cos i just think this whole 'guild allies' thing is pointless and  it doesn't really bring guilds close, if this sounds like a good idea, tell me and i'll explain it in more detail

#25 Brice

Brice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 17:15

To EKUEKU
Yes...I would hope HCS wouldn't have a problem with this and would encourage at least one HCS member to monitor the FsBox and this event....and let me express my respects to all non-PvP/GvGers in the game...I think if someone or a Guild wants no part of this something should be posted either in their Bio or Guild Bio...AND if these players/Guilds are attacked that GvG will not count for points...opinions???

Edited by Brice, 12 May 2014 - 17:26.

#26 cleardawn

cleardawn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 12 May 2014 - 17:17

great idea! would most certainly inject some much needed fun into the game ~ hope it is considered! :)

#27 Druid372

Druid372

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 17:57

could do a guild war opt in like in the ladder but a guild privilage and then have a list of the actual participants to check whos in and out with a link to each ones profile. could also do a token type system instead of making it count towards rating or Rp. i also liked the idea of a harder core side to this, could be a bit sperate from a normal guild war with higher stakes and rewards. all in all i like where this is going, hope to read more :)

#28 realking

realking

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 18:50

Good concept ,

I personally would like to 100 smash a player with a new legendary buff , that when used in gvg and or pvp especially , the it has a chance to multiply ones gear at a random piece of gear from ones opponents back pack or equipped gear..

I really want bragging rights that i smacked the opponent so hard that i gained a piece of gear from off him or his bp , That would be so cool , and a lot cheaper than inventing the gears  from recipe's.

Rewards for gvg's are not as good as one hopes so many players and guilds are not involved with them , it is a good pay off to tiney little guilds of 4 or 5 players , which is vastly unfair to huge guilds with 100+ players in them ,,,

the resources to defend huge guilds is lacking , the relics are not even powerful enough to be of any use against gvgers and pvpers , and guild buffers run out of stamina trying to protect their mates , it just waste the stamina and makes it not so fun , because then the stamina is gone and no rewards for the event ...

24 hour smack down - epic event , sounds cool,,if the rewards are good for all in the guild , and buff packs are more favorable to all ...

as interesting as gvg/pvp can be it always seems to fall short of the glory we think it may have , i just want something that is fun for all to participate in ,,,

#29 batboy135

batboy135

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 19:46

+1 from us :) 

#30 mstrdm

mstrdm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 19:49

I like the idea of a GvG event.

Maybe run the event like a PvP arena.

Guilds that like to participate have to create a group.

The groups would have set limits on;

• Members count (2-15 limit max)
  • group levels can  range  by 100 level intervals

----Ex. Arena#1

8 Guilds can enter this arena. Only 7 members per group with a min of 2 members and their level range to be between 500-600.

• (maybe) required multiple member level ranges

---group requires 5 members;

1 member 200-300 level

1 member 600-700 level

1 member 900-1000 level

1 member 1200-1300 level

1 member 1500-1600 level

---group requires 8 members;

4 members 100-300 level

3 members 500-700 level

1 member 900-1000 level

---- Plus you don't have to have a member required slots to enter. In essence you can enter short a member and place a handicap on your group.

• no buffs or buffs on lead member only

The members that would like to participate with still have to pay stam and pay entire fee to join GvG group

Stam use increase to 50 to create group and 50 to join.

Guild can enter multiple GvG arenas

Only catch is the group leaders

The leader of the group has a 24 hour cool down time before he or she can reenter GvG as a member or leader.

Run the event for a week

Top guild with most wins in that week win a grand prize plus a medal for the members that participated in GvG event (like global top 100)

Every other guild that enter in the arenas and won would win on the spot round prizes; (like)

Gold (entire fees)

Items

RP

Reserve stam for each member in the group that won

Etc...

Plus the members would gain percentage towards a medal like the PvP arena

#31 Brice

Brice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 19:54

Hmmm...interesting take mstrdm

#32 batboy135

batboy135

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 19:56

sadly i do remember a GvG tournament being put together once....it was also the route of all evil(a lot of hackings occured due to the player who started the tournament using his own website to organize the whole event and a lot of people used the same PW as their FS account).

I am not saying this will happen again but i have to feel leary.....best of luck to you all. TFS may throw our hats in if the rest of my family decides they'd like to participate

Lol sorry to say this but it is kinda their fault that they put in their real acc and password...imo they're idiots for it. I don't mean to offend anyone directly. 

#33 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 20:05

I'm not sure i see the point.  Small crews will attack large crews and only have 1 player in a range... in order for a large crew to play the stamina expense will be high (buffing many more players) while small crews with have very little loss in comparison. 

Small GvG crews are setup for this so they can defend only a few players ... i see no great event in this

#34 batboy135

batboy135

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 20:10

So this is what I have so far...we will need to set a date and time when this will go down...thinking on the weekend a few weeks out..this way guilds can spread the word and get prepared for battle...should set up a "who's in" type of list....this is for all guilds to participate if you choose to...I want to see all guilds competing but some kind of bracket system should be implemented for fairness...example...guilds lvl 200 to 999... Lvls 1000 to 2000...etc..but if you want to take on a powerful guild like FFS(just using you as an example :) ) and you can win it...more points should be given to that guild....still working on this...still in the building stages

A small guild taking on a bigger guild shouldn't really matter imo. Small guilds are set up to win against them anyway. I say Flat rate win > more points for certain guilds 

#35 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 20:16

i think a GvG event would be better if a guild had to challenge another guild to a guild vs guild fight listing the range(s) they wanted to use.  The number of players involved per lvl would also have to be in the challenge... both guilds would pick their champions for that/those range(s) and only those players opt in and only those players can be hit

#36 Brice

Brice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 20:18

This is why we need to come together to work out the kinks...please keep in mind that this is in the planning stages still...but the BALL IS A ROLL'IN....yes I started the fire but let's come together and make it a GREAT BON-FIRE!!!! I see there is great interest in this...we can make this happen if it is properly planned and organized ;)

#37 Brice

Brice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 20:21

i think a GvG event would be better if a guild had to challenge another guild to a guild vs guild fight listing the range(s) they wanted to use.  The number of players involved per lvl would also have to be in the challenge... both guilds would pick their champions for that/those range(s) and only those players opt in and only those players can be hit

This is an interesting take...might level out the playing field a bit...I know I got the lvl500's!!!! For my guild :D

#38 Brice

Brice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 21:39

Ok...so if a guild has multiple players in one range..
1.only one player may go on the offensive(be involved in an out going attack) but cannot defend...while the others are allowed to defend an in coming GvG, in which, this can change per GvG...BUT a smaller guild that doesn't have this option will be allowed to do both..
.2 .a guild can only have 1 player attacking per +\ -50lvls under lvl 800 and 1 per + / - 100 lvls above lvl 800... Example...if you have 2 lvl 600 players one can attack from 600 to 650 the other can attack from lvl550 to 599
3. 2 points given on wins in out going attacks...and 3 points given if a successful defended attack is achieved
4. For guilds and players that want no part of this something must be posted in Bio and if attacked points system and GvG will not count on the point system
5. 2 Players may go head to head for 25 rounds(conflict would be unresolved) but points will be given(how many ...no sure)

I think this is possible but I have never done this
6. A guild that initiates a GvG and wins...the opposing guild can reinitiate the conflict for a second chance to redeem themselves after the first conflict is resolved.
7. Each guild is allowed 10 out going attacks per 12 hours and will be allowed to initiate an additional 10 in the last 12 hours of the Event.
8. Wins and losses will be posted here for all to see and logged in for points

This is what I have so far from the input given up to this point...still need to work out a reward system, and modify these rules as we go on :)
Or we can do an all out war where all are fair game and all can defend or attack...I'm fine with either ;)

Edited by Brice, 12 May 2014 - 21:47.

#39 Chazz224

Chazz224

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 21:46

you could do guild vs guild wars without the requirement for a new structure or whatever all you need is some balls and some integrity. Sadly though the people who talk the talk when it comes to pvp can never just go guild on guild they have to call all their friends in to bail them out, thus making the whole thing a farce.  I have been in a few of these conflicts and I have never seen it go guild vs guild, usually one guild who are fighting about 5 little guilds who all rally together as individually they are too weak to finish off what they have themselves started. At least it provided some amusement at the time I guess... :rolleyes:

Perhaps Leadership in ODP can work with the Leadership in CoF and set a one on one up between guilds Dav it's certainly something that would be fun for everyone I'm sure.

Overall I like the idea - sounds like it could be lot's of fun for everyone too =)

- Chazz

#40 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 12 May 2014 - 22:24

I like it in theory.  So I'll go along with a thumbs up.  It's going to need some fine tuning, but that isn't all that unusual.  The thing that is going to be the problem is guilds with only one or two "active" (and I use the term loosely) players.  And yes, I resemble that remark!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: