pvp

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 ss_treeline

ss_treeline
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2008 - 23:12

so now that pvp is all pink and fuzzy what can be done to make it fun?

:roll:

#2 ss_ohnoes

ss_ohnoes
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2008 - 23:14

I thought pink fuzzy things ARE fun o.o

#3 ss_treeline

ss_treeline
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2008 - 23:16

I thought pink fuzzy things ARE fun o.o

only when wrapped around the cuddly, which most players are not :P

#4 ss_karigulus

ss_karigulus
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2008 - 23:46

PvP does seem a bit pants, if you wanna be top PvP and get all the medals, jus geat good FF gear, dont go above lvl 11 and sit around in the lvl 7 PvP map, hit all the new players..

The lvl 17 (i think) PvP area was poop, didnt find one player to hit when travelling through it, many times.. :?

#5 ss_speedman

ss_speedman
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2008 - 23:49

The lvl 17 (i think) PvP area was poop, didnt find one player to hit when travelling through it, many times.. :?

That's because there are a very small number of player over lvl 17.

#6 021962

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 968 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 December 2008 - 23:51

delete

#7 ss_karigulus

ss_karigulus
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2008 - 23:52

That's because there are a very small number of player over lvl 17.

Hmm.. there are 234 players over 17, I didnt see one anywhere, other than on the shops etc.

#8 ss_speedman

ss_speedman
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2008 - 23:57

not all 234 play at the same time.. on the same side of the area.. when there will be over 3000 players lvl 17+, then you will see some there more often ;)

#9 021962

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 968 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 December 2008 - 00:01

delete

#10 ss_sigiloso

ss_sigiloso
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2008 - 00:02

if you wanna be top PvP and get all the medals, jus geat good FF gear, dont go above lvl 11 and sit around in the lvl 7 PvP map, hit all the new players..

Would be cool, but eventually you won't gain a single pvp point if attacking new players, and most players under lvl 10 have not yet decided wich class they would like to play, so you will be killing mostly 'clone' players. . and since there is not a pvp medal yet, you would not get any medal i guess :lol:.

Anyhow a pvp medal would be weird to have at this time, because the system can get better i belive.

Regards.

#11 ss_karigulus

ss_karigulus
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2008 - 00:06

if you wanna be top PvP and get all the medals, jus geat good FF gear, dont go above lvl 11 and sit around in the lvl 7 PvP map, hit all the new players..

Would be cool, but eventually you won't gain a single pvp point if attacking new players, and most players under lvl 10 have not yet decided wich class they would like to play, so you will be killing mostly 'clone' players. . and since there is not a pvp medal yet, you would not get any medal i guess :lol:.

Anyhow a pvp medal would be weird to have at this time, because the system can get better i belive.

Regards.

There are many PvP medals, you only have to kill 25 of each class, which is easy in the lvl 7 PvP map.

#12 ss_sigiloso

ss_sigiloso
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2008 - 05:31

I meant a medal for the player with the highest PvP rank in game. But killing to get a medal adds a spicy flavour to the PvP enviroment. :)

#13 killa06

killa06

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 09:47

PvP could be fun, after I hit lvl 20 I might get into it.

#14 ss_ejames2100

ss_ejames2100
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2008 - 11:18

PvP could be fun, after I hit lvl 20 I might get into it.

It's very fun, I have chased quite a few people in my range while they look for the Hunter-Killer :lol:

#15 ss_thesprog

ss_thesprog
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2008 - 14:29

ROFL ... What's fun about buying up FF'd gear and hitting folks with no chance. You earned nothing. You BOUGHT a medal. This part of the game requires no skill or ability. Only the money to buy the crystals and forge. LOL What a joke. There is no balance in PVP right now what so ever. I know friends from FS that quit over it. Thier decision mind you. The unchecked predatory nature of this element of the game will send alot of folks away. But it's HCS's "play pen". They might not like the consequences.

AS to being safe in buildings. LOL I got hit a couple times before I could repair my gear. You thinking your doing anything skillled(LOL) might as well go all the way to finish the joke that is PVP at the moment. Just sit on the repair site and hit everyone before they repair thier equipment. Might as well make a complete farce out of it til COWS figures out the jokes on them and fixes the issue to level the playing field. No use pretending it's skill by hunting down players. You might as well go shot domesticated deer on a 20 foot rope and call yourself a "hunter". (dripping with sarcasm)

PVP medals at this time are absolutely worthless. No OSBH on FS would have any respect for them!!!

#16 PhurieDae

PhurieDae

Chief Creative Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2008 - 14:31

Pink and fuzzy?

You need fast reflexes to catch players on the run, you have to chase down moving targets, you can't camp out healing centres or shops for easy targets, you have to fight players that are more or less equal at your level instead of jumping on much lower level players, and you actually have to worK to earn your medals (or, you know, just hold out until the second PvP zone when most players will have chosen their class).

PvP is hardcore :D.

What we've done is make it a bit more challenging and (hopefully) more rewarding - you get more of an adrenalin rush from actually hunting and catching people than just smacking a button and hitting them from afar. It also lets lower level players actually enjoy PvP as it cuts back on the number of higher level players who pick on them for easy prey (and easy PvP ranking). Sure, yes, when you enter a PvP area you know you're going to get attacked. But surely nobody here needs freedom to be a bullying jerk in order to have fun ;)
Louisa Gallie
Senior Concept & UI Artist

#17 ss_treeline

ss_treeline
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2008 - 14:41

Pink and fuzzy?

You need fast reflexes to catch players on the run, you have to chase down moving targets, you can't camp out healing centres or shops for easy targets, you have to fight players that are more or less equal at your level instead of jumping on much lower level players, and you actually have to worK to earn your medals (or, you know, just hold out until the second PvP zone when most players will have chosen their class).

PvP is hardcore :D.

What we've done is make it a bit more challenging and (hopefully) more rewarding - you get more of an adrenalin rush from actually hunting and catching people than just smacking a button and hitting them from afar. It also lets lower level players actually enjoy PvP as it cuts back on the number of higher level players who pick on them for easy prey (and easy PvP ranking). Sure, yes, when you enter a PvP area you know you're going to get attacked. But surely nobody here needs freedom to be a bullying jerk in order to have fun ;)

The 3 level limit is pink and fuzzy. I don't have the rush anymore. I expected a no holds barred brawl when I came to hunt hunter-killers, but Joe777 was the only one within my level range. There was no fear of getting killed, at least not more then once in 24 hours.

Looking at the stats of many of the people I could not attack, it was pretty clear that many of the lower levels (7h0mp4 level 17, Joeyfox level 16, FFdamage level 17) could have schooled me or had a fair shot at me in pvp if they were allowed to attack.

Very disappointed

Three levels is to small.

#18 PhurieDae

PhurieDae

Chief Creative Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2008 - 14:46

Compared to the majority of Sigma players, you're a high level. That's why you're having trouble finding people within your level range. It's an unfortunate consequence of having a new game - not everyone has the time and resources to level up as quickly as you have. Give the game some time and eventually there will be plenty of players for you to tangle with.
Louisa Gallie
Senior Concept & UI Artist

#19 ss_spenser

ss_spenser
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2008 - 14:52

*hugs his 140 credits*

#20 ss_treeline

ss_treeline
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2008 - 15:02

Compared to the majority of Sigma players, you're a high level. That's why you're having trouble finding people within your level range. It's an unfortunate consequence of having a new game - not everyone has the time and resources to level up as quickly as you have. Give the game some time and eventually there will be plenty of players for you to tangle with.

It will get worse as we go, not better.

Look at the level distribution in Gothador for the top 250

1. Level 60000
2. Level 58506
3. Level 54465

There are literally thousands of levels between people and most of them are in the same cult.

Looking at the top ranks in FS, it is not as bad but you still have a 3-5 level distribution between player ranks at the very top, but they are considerably lower level then Gothador.

If I drop down to the bottom of the list for arguments sake and look at player ranked 97 level 363. He has a total of 7 people he would be able to attack if FS had the same pvp rules and some of them are guildmates.

3 levels are just far to restrictive.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: