• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 Special Ops

Special Ops

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 18:52

Players are starting new accounts on the new region, completing the tutorial and then using the region teleport to strategically move their new level 2 base to a position within an enemy hive on their home region and then abandoning their new player shield. They are doing this with DOZENS  (not and exaggeration) of level 2 bases until they are all linked together to cut off the enemy hive and cause them to lose the land. Since it takes 20 attacks to destroy even a level 2 base it is not practical to destroy the bases to save the land. Even if you destroy just one to break the chain, the others eventually flip the locked land to neutral. These bases/ alt accounts are not being played at all. They are built for the singular purpose of destroying an enemy hive and subsequently abandoned. This process is being recycled as much as the players desire as there seems to be no limit. To put it in perspective, one alliance has lost over 10,000 sectors in just over 28 hours. Others are well on their way to losing all they have worked to build. THIS is one reason why all other games don't allow more than one character per player/per region. It ALWAYS gets abused and now it is driving away people that actually play while also preventing new players from starting accounts as I assume there are a finite number of bases allowed per region. 

This is accomplished by removing the app from a mobile device, reinstalling the app on the mobile device, starting the game and completing the tutorial in Theta 1, then using the region teleport to find the specific drop point for your new base. Lastly, scout a sector to drop the shield and repeat the process all over again. With just an hour of free time and a committed group of players a 50 person alliance can be overwhelmed by hundreds of bases on their hive gradually turning their sectors and destroying the hive.

There is no way this doesn't somehow violate your ToU. I don't advocate for bans often, but this is not competitive game play and is deserving of bans.

#2 Special Ops

Special Ops

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 21:05

I would highly recommend immediately locking region teleport function while you try to sort this out. The longer you take to even acknowledge this (multiple tickets have been submitted with no replies also) the more likely players are driven away.

#3 Special Ops

Special Ops

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:28

Can we get some acknowledgement from Hunted Cow please?

#4 JGib

JGib

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 04:29

I agree this is an abuse of the system for sure and should be stopped.

#5 JohnG

JohnG

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:05

I agree as well. Player leslies (CBRF) is doing this with obvious belligerence to the players around him utilizing an alt alliance (BLOC). He's up to 28 multi accounts so far. This cannot be in the spirit of the game.

#6 Buffarilla

Buffarilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:11

Funny how the admins have gone silent since this was pointed out to them. Against the stated TOU for all their other games, rampant abuse of game play but generates downloads so they must like it.

I bet their player retention rate is under 5% now.

#7 Zue

Zue

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 May 2017 - 13:40

Hi guys,

Thanks for all of your concerns about this issue, and we can understand why this may be frustrating for you all.  We're definitely looking into this, so please be patient.  

One of our developers has actually addressed this on another thread, so I'm going to drop their reply here for you all to read:

Thanks for all the feedback on this guys.

Just to clarify our stance on this. The TOS as it is presented on this website does say that you may only create one account in each of our games. In Operation: New Earth we have chosen not to enforce this rule and have made that fact public knowledge. However, we do still reserve the right to terminate accounts (as outlined) if we feel they're being created in order to circumvent any rules that we've laid out. We've been reading your tickets and forum posts concerning this and we know it's something you're worried about. We will be discussing it internally to see what (if any) action we'll be taking. 

#8 Buffarilla

Buffarilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 16:47

Check out the area around 78,195 in Region Zeta 1 and you can see this alt account abuse on display.  All but one player in the "blocage" alliance are newly created alt accounts, designed for nothing more than capturing territory.

#9 Special Ops

Special Ops

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 17:08

This game needs to put an immediate freeze on region teleports while you sort this all out. When alliances lose 10,000 sectors it isn't easily overcome.

#10 milkbottle

milkbottle

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 19:53

Hi,

Zue, I'm totally agree with Special Ops. This must stop.

And I want  your staff to be carefull  when they answers to our tickets :

"Multiple accounts are not actually against our rules"

" Then do the same" (not exactly the therms but that was means that. Received by most other players ticket)

Now a lot of players do it and it'll be quickly impossible to play correctly ...

#11 Churchasis Kingling

Churchasis Kingling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 20:11

One alliance has fallen to this form of attack and ZOMB is now under attack by it we have survived day 1 but we can't waste our time fighting this we have sectors and we are just wasting resources trying to defend our lands put a region lock or something! Each time a base is destroyed a new one will just teleport in they even stop us from doing outposts.

Edited by Churchasis Kingling, 27 May 2017 - 05:58.

#12 newearthplayer

newearthplayer

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 11:38

I like this game, and paid money to support it. Don't like those power players that must spend ungodly amounts of money to power level, but I can live with it. It supports the game for free players. What I can't live with is players like Leslis, on Zeta 1, who create many multiples of alts. We can do little about it, because he's one of those power players. Know these things happen with MMOs so I will be patient. Will trust these alt accounts will be gone soon. Thank you.

#13 Belly

Belly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 12:15

I think everyone on Zeta 1 knows my views on this.

What ever happened to one player having one base. An alliance with 50 actual people who can talk with one another and make plans together on how best to play the game. Or just share good banter.

I have come to accept that some players may have a couple of accounts so that they can improve faster. I think I accept it because I believe it could also be a hinderance to the team who has them unless they constantly switch between the two to press the assist button. Also trying to defend or coordinate attacks by having to switch between accounts will cause delays. And I guess it is just like fighting against two players.

However what is hard to accept is the "throwaway" accounts used to block an alliance or destroy their land. This should be removed from the game and people punished for using it. And those affected should be compensated for the loss of land, time and resources and units impacted.

A quick way to stop this would be to stop new players from joining closed regions. I thought that was the point of them being "closed" in the first place.

Or an alternative is to allow porting once the base reaches level 10 and only while it is at level 10. This will mean anyone wanting to use a base in this way would have to spend a lot of time upgrading it and so wouldn't be able to make and place 50+ bases in a day.

However this wouldn't stop this being done on open regions. So therefore maybe you should just ban all multiple accounts by IP address or however you do it on your other games where you only allow a player to have one account. Hunted Cow you need to make this right and fast or you will lose players.

It is clear to see who the main culprits are but if you need names let me know.

#14 Buffarilla

Buffarilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 16:36

The Admins have responded to the alt accounts issue and I understand a more permanent fix will be applied in a future update, thanks for addressing this particular issue.

• Zue likes this

#15 Zue

Zue

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:37

Hi guys,

We will be implementing a fix in our 1.7 update, which should permanently prevent players from abusing multiple accounts simply to take territory.  We believe most of these throwaway/clone accounts (as they have been named) have now been removed from the Zeta 1 map.  If you have any further information however, please contact support and we'll look into it.

While we do allow players to play on multiple accounts, we definitely expect this to be within a reasonable amount!  We'll definitely clarify this for everyone going forward.  Thanks for all of your feedback on this particular issue.  ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: