#1 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:35

The quest (level 40) asks me to "cure 16 plagued brutes." I've tried it with Focus Staff of Redemption equipped and with it just in my bag, however nothing registers as "cured." All attacking does is kill them and the bodies disappear. You can't even click on the body to do anything.

Before we get quests that go up to 45, don't you think that the main quest line for level 40 should work right?

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#2 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:43

aphrodite had the same problem the other night (i believe still does but can only vouch for the other night when i was in party while she was trying, she said she had the problem before then aswell)

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#3 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 April 2014 - 17:09

Still doesn't work after update. Any help here?

#4 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 April 2014 - 17:35

You are defeating the brutes in the Mythos Cistern right?

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#5 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 April 2014 - 19:34

Yes, I tried equipping both plagued weapons and they just die without reviving. Both weapons are level 19, is that an issue? I deleted them once and got a replacement. Would I need to upgrade them or something? The NPCs that gave me the replacements don't say anything about upgrades.

#6 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 03 April 2014 - 20:05

I had a problem doing this awhile back. I deleted the weapons and re-got them and relogged a bunch. Eventually it worked.

Was very buggy though.

Guild Founder of The Golden Horde

Zshmaendal - Level 45 Prophet | Superfluous - Level 35 Warrior | Ulysses - Level 13 Ranger

Louis - Level 8 Warrior | Ephemeral - Level 12 Assassin | Connotation - Level 8 Mage

Crystal Cutting - 9 | Fishing - 10 | Forestry - 10 | Skinning - 8 | Farming - 19 | Foraging - 28 | Prospecting - 16

Alchemy - 36 | Cooking - 11 | Leatherworking - 4 | Weaponsmithing - 5 | Armorsmithing - 7 | Jewelry - 6 | Tailoring - 16

#7 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:36

Very strange, I tried this on my test server and it worked just fine, will try and investigate this issue.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#8 Cygnus

Cygnus

Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 April 2014 - 13:47

There were a couple of bugs on this still. The serious one was blocking the first stage from advancing for nearly every player on it but was invisible if there weren't multiple players on it at the same time (hence why it was usually not there when we tried to test for it). There were also some minor bugs in the validation logic.

The fixes should be in the next patch.

#9 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:24

I resolved the problem. It's 1 of 2 things: I deleted the weapons again and got them again. When I got them I left them in my primary bag. I could now cure the plagued. So, it's one of the two that is the issue.

Originally, I had both weapons in my last bag.

#10 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 19:58

I had the same problem curing the brutes, third time of replacing the sword and staff and its worked.

My quest now says 16 of 16 cured but I can't continue the quest???

I have been back to speak to archmage rufan but he just says about replacing the staff

#11 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:57

Go try curing 1 more if you are at 16 of 16, and it should advance.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#12 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 21:24

I have just tried and it won't cure anymore - I got a new sword as well *sigh*

#13 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 21:45

I resolved the problem. It's 1 of 2 things: I deleted the weapons again and got them again. When I got them I left them in my primary bag. I could now cure the plagued. So, it's one of the two that is the issue.

Originally, I had both weapons in my last bag.

when aphro was trying to do this she deleted both the staff and sword and went and got them again, then she tried it with just staff and then even tried it with staff equiped none of which worked. i think perhaps you just got lucky.

and to HCS about having more than one person on the quest. she was first solo and it didn't work. then tried it with another that was doing the quest too and didn't work then tried replacing and equiping weapons both with that person in the group and without and none of it worked.

I have just tried and it won't cure anymore - I got a new sword as well *sigh*

the sword cull's (kills) the staff cures would need try getting a new staff not sword.

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#14 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 22:12

I will try that then :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana