#1 ExtremelyPoliteGuy

ExtremelyPoliteGuy

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:05

Since its possible to run it in 30 lvl crafted sets, as well as in half of lvl 35 relic sets, in a party of 3 with hybrid tank, or in a party of any 5 with no tank at all, and not care much about skills you use as well as threat you cause:

I suggest.

1) Adding mass hit to crock, or even double one, just as Guardian has. This will surely require a healer in a group, - not just any healish guy, thinking he is one.

2) Minions to second DinoChikin Boss. Still he is easily beatable with no tank in group (as well as 1st crock boss) This will require a tank, classic tank. I would also add HUGE 15 secs DOT debaff on players (lets use serenity already)

3) Few more minions spawn to Balaur, as well as mass hit,  DOT debaff

PS.

There is surely a need to add some TREAT numbers to skills dscriptions. So people do understand how to use them in dungeon as well as have an option to plan battle and whole character build.

PPS. As for +100% boss damage buff, excluding 95% solowing attempts - it comes too much unexpected. Perhaps some warning would be great. Still it could be devided in 3 levels buff with 3 stacks, - +50 +50 +50, overall + 150%. This will perhaps require some more planning and thinking, not much seen now. In all MMORPG Dungeon is an experience, requiring good preparation, knowlege and skill... not just funny runthrough. 

Edited by ExtremelyPoliteGuy, 27 September 2013 - 10:35.

IGN

Captain Politness lvl 1 War.Ass.Pro.

Man.... its boring!!!!  Lets do some everyday TEAM PVP

#2 Alpion

Alpion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:54

Let's not go crazy here.  Remember, we're wearing better gear than we'll be getting when the game goes live.  We won't have full crafted level 30 sets to wear.  Getting the level 35 sets from To3 aren't going to be as easy as it is now.  TR isn't "hard", but it still takes a while with the gear we have.  It's more of a stamina dungeon, needing a lot of DPS to do in a decent time.

We do NOT need an increase in difficulty just yet.  Besides...we have to run the instance 50-60 times to get the full set.  I haven't timed a run yet, but I'm guessing 30 minutes minimum.  That's still 25+ hours of the same instance just to get that set.  For normal players that only have 2-3 hours a day to play, that's a daunting task.

I feel that you're trying to set this game for the elite players and not thinking about casual players at all.  I don't like things easy, but if you just keep making everything TOO difficult, there isn't enough fun for the masses and you'll end up with just a handful of hardcore gamers left.  That's not what we want.

Edited by Alpion, 27 September 2013 - 11:02.

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

#3 ExtremelyPoliteGuy

ExtremelyPoliteGuy

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:01

TR isn't "hard", but it still takes a while with the gear we have.  It's more of a stamina dungeon, needing a lot of DPS to do in a decent time.

Thats what i talk of - any gear, any skills, any party, half an hour+ and you win :)

Should not be that way.

If you you win - then you are to win in 15-20 mins.

If you dont - you go home and prepare.

Lets try HARDCORISH mode on this dungeon, - we wont have a chance to do so later anyway.

PS.

Still Alpion, you did a few no-probs runs in a nerfed lvl 30 set in a party with magic tank-mage :)  dealing 500 dps with fireballs :)

In real game- players are to have at least half of LVL 35 relics set before they get in Rosu and there wont be any Tank-mages :)

Edited by ExtremelyPoliteGuy, 27 September 2013 - 11:07.

IGN

#4 Alpion

Alpion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:04

Maybe you just need to go spend some time in Trial of Champions.

And no, not just "any" gear gets you through TR.  You still need decent gear and a LOT of DPS.  Normal gear isn't going to cut it unless you want to spend an hour or more in there.

Edited by Alpion, 27 September 2013 - 11:06.

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

#5 xrxr1

xrxr1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:08

I agree with Alpion here , you also have to realise that you have the advantage of beta testing and have gone through numerous character respecs to get to the level that you are now. When the game goes live , most people will most likely be stuck with their character stats for awhile and not have the luxury of switching back and forth . All depends on how the respecs will work of course.

Ranger - levels  -Alchemy 49 . Foraging 49 . Skinning 49 . Leatherworking 49 . Cooking 49 .  Forestry 49 . Cooking 49. Prospecting 49 .  Weaponsmithing 49 .  Farming 49. Fishing 49 . Crystal Cutting 49. Jewelry 49. Tailoring 49.   Armor smithing 49.

Done all the hard yards  - Crafted and Gathered everything myself in Beta version and currently as well..

#6 ExtremelyPoliteGuy

ExtremelyPoliteGuy

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:10

Come on guys... they are to be 40 and to understand the game mechanics... after spending aaround a month in.

Edited by ExtremelyPoliteGuy, 27 September 2013 - 11:11.

IGN

#7 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:17

I haven't done the dungeon yet, but based on general MMO experience adding a couple of ranged minions can balance a fight.

They add little difficulty or time if you have a full team of mostly reasonable players.  But can make the same situation extremely sticky for 2 or 3 well geared players.  Consider To3, where the three DPS could burn down an occasionally spawned archer quickly, but they'd make it virtually impossible for a two person team.

I believe this could also be accomplished by something I have never seen in an MMO.  Smarter mobs.  Mobs that understand things like move out of acid but stand still in spikes.  But I imagine that would add several magnitudes of difficulty to the AI, there must be some reason I haven't seen it.

Rule of thumb, I vote for more difficult.  It's best that players understand difficult instances before they reach level 50 endgame.

Edited by Irradiated, 27 September 2013 - 11:29.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#8 ExtremelyPoliteGuy

ExtremelyPoliteGuy

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:42

Hmmmm....That idea of yours, considering Ranged minios is actually great. What we usually see in dungeon is a poor Boss surrounded by players - no action at all. Random ranged spawns are to make secondary tank run and aggro em, as well as archers and mages are to be more wanted in a party. Id acually prefer some endless monion WAVES like in Plagued quest near roshaven. Some low lvl\hp\dmg mobs could massivley overrun the battlezone giving some extra work to warriors mages and assasins. 

Edited by ExtremelyPoliteGuy, 27 September 2013 - 11:43.

IGN

#9 Lokoss

Lokoss

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:47

We need to keep in mind that in Live , TR will be mid game dungeon. ppl will make 40, ask for help to make the quest and move on. no1 wil stay at 40 to farm a dungeon when you can move on to 50 and get  regular items whit (maybe) same stats or close.

op  probably think if he can do it now at 40 in current gear, what will happen when he we get lvl 50 and much better gear. and he have a point. to counter that you should , if possible , to increase stats of mobs and bosses when a player enter a dungeon 5 lvl below his lvl. example:  lvl 45 enter tr.. mobs get 20% stats. lvl 50 enters tr...mobs get 40% stats. (numbers i put for stats increase are pure random and should be result of some testing). this should be done to all the dungeons , if posible to implement such thing.

Lokiza 

#10 ExtremelyPoliteGuy

ExtremelyPoliteGuy

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:54

Good point - there are almost no SAME LVL runs  up to 35 lvl dungeons. I keep on running ppl trough and all high lvl players do. This fashion is even to increase in Live game. 

Edited by ExtremelyPoliteGuy, 27 September 2013 - 11:54.

IGN

#11 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 27 September 2013 - 22:06

Personally I would leave as is (the dungeons up to EOC as others have said will be run once or twice for quests by most people and then they will move on) and focus on making the lvl 50 dungeons harder. As endgame dungeons I would have them in varying difficulty, from general (current difficulty) - "hardcore" as you put it, with rewards increased in the hardcore ones but make them very difficult to run without a decent group that knows the game mechanics and how to handle tricky situations.

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#12 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 October 2013 - 13:17

I think we're happy with the difficulty of the mid-game dungeons, there may be some tweaks and changes to the lower content. However 45 is the beginning of our "end-game" for the first release so expect the 2 dungeons coming at 45 to be a bit harder. The final update 45-50 will include 3 dungeons which some fairly challenging mechanics.

I've also attached a small previous of the loading screens for both the 45 dungeons thanks to Phurie-dae.

Attached Thumbnails

• eldevin_bochdaentombs.jpg
  • eldevin_rumblesgrotto.jpg

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: