88 replies to this topic

#1 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 15 August 2020 - 07:37

Many moons ago when the smasher medal was shiny and new, you could gain ticks any time you sent another player an invitation to the pvpers ball, this of course only after you used the proper 100 stamina of postage to send the invite.  Over time, those who did not dance clashed with those of the dance and a great and mighty fight thus began.

In time this mighty conflict gained the attention of the bovine gods and goddesses as they grazed in what was once a great and glorious field of dance. You see, when time began, these same bovine created their own 'field of dreams' where they held great dance contests under the watchful eye of Master Hoof. In those early days there was a young cow named LittleGrim who longed more than anything to be the best cutter of the rug in that field. Time passed and the older cows went off to fulfill their duties elsewhere in the world, on the plates of hungry humans, cooked no more than a medium. They would never allow themselves, even in death, to be cooked to the point of being ruined for normal consumption by these sick and twisted individuals who clearly need to be dragged into the streets and shot for their whole disregard for the cows and what they stand for. You people, the steak burners, are the reason pvp has been nerfed and changed over the years...just man up and eat a nice tasty juicy steak for once and stop taking away the things we love. GRRRRR!! Wait, where was I...oh yeah...the county fair, 1907.       

So anyways, as time had passed we got to see our favorite little bovine grow up and come into his own and make his mark on the world...and he did. We know it as the great Anthrax scare of 2001, he knows it as 'BigGrim's Sweet 16th'

Well, after this much time had passed it was time for the cows to answer the cries of the rhythmless players by taking smasher ticks out of the equation except for hits on the bounty boards and hits on the ladder. I was hoping to see it come back to the random hits.         

I, once again, would like to see 100 stamina hits off the ladder and off the boards, count towards the smasher medals. Not every hit, but only the hit every 3 days that also gives pvp prestige should count as a smasher tick provided 100 stamina was used.

Edited by moonfrost, 15 August 2020 - 07:41.

#2 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 15 August 2020 - 18:14

+1

Also, the prestige for these hits should be increased to 100, based on the stam used.

Edited by BadPenny, 15 August 2020 - 19:24.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#3 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 15 August 2020 - 19:14

minus infinity

#4 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 15 August 2020 - 19:23

minus infinity

I'm interested in knowing your reasoning for this?

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#5 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 15 August 2020 - 23:25

I'm interested in knowing your reasoning for this?

fair comment. my reply is one comment and 3 points.

comment:
my understanding is the desire to lift restriction on normal pvp for 100 stam smasher medal. so a player can hit other players in range for 100 stam claiming (really blaming) the smasher medal for hit, this is the idea. is it not?

1. this should increase 100 stam hits in the game as players try to earn the medal, because bounty activty is near zero and surviving the pvp ladder is nearly impossible. these players are going to hit easy targets. these easy targets will be hit again and again. then they will compain.

2. years ago i used 2 phrases when referencing pvpers

i. except those pvp heroes who defend your guild, take bounties, and/or otherwise defend you.

ii. for all others pvp (censored) or pvper (censored). hint: pvpers are
Socially maladjusted. they hit people.
Criminally minded. they take others gold.
Underhanded. they hit when your vulnerable.
Mean. did i mention they hit people?

whine whine
complain complain
whine complain

ad infinitum

dear cows, the herd is larger than the wolfpack. the complaints would be many. "grow up" or "it's part of the game," complaining in the forum is part of the game, apparently.
cows, don't let them blow smoke in your AH; not healthy.

maybe opt in with some indicator of participants but nothing so brutal as pvp ladder. compromise?

Edited by michael65, 15 August 2020 - 23:51.

#6 Prop

Prop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 00:04

Just bring back PvP seasons with the ability to post to the bounty board as it is now, not that auto post shenanigans.

Edited by Prop, 16 August 2020 - 00:07.

#7 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 16 August 2020 - 00:11

why are we all worried about smasher medal now ? those players at top of list have worked hard to get there ,most through  the ladder but some have being trying it through keeping the bb alive and doing it that way .

why take away from them what they have done during these hard times 

thinking about it now ive changed my mind and im saying leave it as is

Edited by activeh1, 16 August 2020 - 00:12.

5aZzW0p.png,

#8 Prop

Prop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 00:19

Seasons was a good idea, however the auto bounty that you contributed gold to never knowing when it was going to kick in for someone else to take for an easy medal tick at 10's or 100's or whatever was annoying. If I'm going to post a bounty I'd rather I choose when it happens and for how much, not a RNG that sees them posted for a pitiful amount of gold when it decides the moon is aligned with the star of anise and the wind is blowing to the south in the Sahara.

Being able to post yourself has always been a will they won't they thing, and I'm pretty sure a season in full flow would see the bounty board alive again in that way, instead of this tit for tat get smashed thing going on.

#9 Prop

Prop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 00:24

Also, maybe getting off topic, no intent to derail just throwing something out there while my tappy fingers seem to be in flow. As you were.. *grabs coat*

#10 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 01:31

what is auto-bounty ?

i have put a bounty on players. the only change i notice is duration - 48 hrs from previous 24 hrs.

#11 Prop

Prop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 03:07

It was a part of PvP seasons when introduced that reworked the bounty system. If you were hit you could add gold to the value of the player that hit you if you wanted them to be bountied. That accumulated over 'time' and they would be randomly posted to the bounty board to be cleared.

Sounds good right? It wasn't.

#12 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 04:19

The fact is, PvP used to be a vibrant part of the game, and there are so few people in anybody's range, it's not gong to be a slugfest, if only if the frequency mentioned was the 3 day restriction on getting prestige.  Any subsequent hit is a waste of stam unless you're carrying a ton of gold.  That, too has always been a part of the game, and is the reason that PvP protection doesn't cover gold loss. 

When you're hit, you have the option of posting a bounty, which is good for the game, since it wakes up that wondrous place that has become dusty from frequent emptiness. 

The PvP community deserves to have some things too, so that they can enjoy the part of the game that has long gone underpopulated.

The only problems I see here is that it may upset a few.  They are entitled to their opinion, but I hope they will give it a try, see of the thrill of picking up a chunk of gold isn't slightly exhilarating.

Edited by BadPenny, 16 August 2020 - 04:21.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#13 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 18:57

The fact is, PvP used to be a vibrant part of the game, and there are so few people in anybody's range, it's not gong to be a slugfest, if only if the frequency mentioned was the 3 day restriction on getting prestige.  Any subsequent hit is a waste of stam unless you're carrying a ton of gold.  That, too has always been a part of the game, and is the reason that PvP protection doesn't cover gold loss. 

When you're hit, you have the option of posting a bounty, which is good for the game, since it wakes up that wondrous place that has become dusty from frequent emptiness. 

The PvP community deserves to have some things too, so that they can enjoy the part of the game that has long gone underpopulated.

The only problems I see here is that it may upset a few.  They are entitled to their opinion, but I hope they will give it a try, see of the thrill of picking up a chunk of gold isn't slightly exhilarating.

vibrant? no slugfest? a few?

sorry, it is hard to see with all this smoke in the AH. i can't see what i'm bidding on.

vibrant to some.
no slugfest can mean one-sided attacks.
a few? the herd is larger than wolfpack.

the fundamental argument leads to the following:
whine whine
complain complain
endlessly

does anyone thinks this game can take the backlash. where is the honest caring of this game?

so an opt-in pvp season/event with or without realms and new various medals for fighting npc's using 10+ stam attacks and no auto-bounty does not sound like a compromise?
would it work?
would the cows go for it?

#14 fishboy95

fishboy95

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 21:18

Please do not make 100 stams off the ladder and board count for the smasher medal..

If you want to do that then make another medal for the regular 100 stamina PvP hits and call it something else. :)  haha

#15 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 21:36

what is auto-bounty ?

looking at your level, i'm guessing this happened before your time

a game update called PvP Seasons was released whereas, anyone who PvPed you was automatically put on the BB at some random time in the near future

the bounty hits were defaulted to 50 stamina (?)

In the time before they were placed on the BB, you could  put extra gold on that bounty; guaranteeing more xp loss

if you put the max...I think it was 2 million gold...it guaranteed a loss of 2 levels

The bounty board had some dozen++ pages in the days after this update

Sounds good right? It wasn't.

unfortunately, the update was released with bugs. I forget the details of the bugs, but i remember some casual players logged on to see themselves de-leveled some 5 or 10 levels. 

there was a riot in the forum, and the update was removed

#16 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 21:54

It wasn't even bugs that was the problem with seasons. When it first began there was xp loss and players that wanted no part of that part of the game wanted out of it. Then they changed it to where you had the option to opt out but people still complained because thats what players do in a game i guess. Then it was changed to where you could still opt out but if you did opt in there was no xp loss. Then HCS revealed the end date for the season that was in progress and that was the end of pvp seasons after that.

So..smasher ticks per 100 stam hit that also gain prestige..so once every 3 days.

It's just as simple to smash someone 4000 levels below on the boards...10 ticks and you dont even have to buff...but just as people hit for prestige, we should be able to 100 stam for a tick as well.

#17 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 01:26

It wasn't even bugs that was the problem with seasons. When it first began there was xp loss and players that wanted no part of that part of the game wanted out of it. Then they changed it to where you had the option to opt out but people still complained because thats what players do in a game i guess. Then it was changed to where you could still opt out but if you did opt in there was no xp loss. Then HCS revealed the end date for the season that was in progress and that was the end of pvp seasons after that.

So..smasher ticks per 100 stam hit that also gain prestige..so once every 3 days.

It's just as simple to smash someone 4000 levels below on the boards...10 ticks and you dont even have to buff...but just as people hit for prestige, we should be able to 100 stam for a tick as well.

so no to pvp event, bc does not work.

i had to look pvp prestige in wiki, why do mighty pvpers want a leveling skill?

and argument in favor of 100 stam normal pvp does not cover potential downside. remember:

whine complain
complain
whine

forever

bounties with lower ranks cost a fortune in bounty tickets.

with all the smoke in here, i can't see if i'm bidding on an epic hammer or recipe for potion of black death. can someone clear the air.

and if you want to switch sides while still hitting fellow players, suggest a new section in the arena awarding pvp prestige. thank the cows the arena is not broken.

#18 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 02:36

so no to pvp event, bc does not work.

i had to look pvp prestige in wiki, why do mighty pvpers want a leveling skill?

and argument in favor of 100 stam normal pvp does not cover potential downside. remember:

whine complain
complain
whine

forever

bounties with lower ranks cost a fortune in bounty tickets.

with all the smoke in here, i can't see if i'm bidding on an epic hammer or recipe for potion of black death. can someone clear the air.

and if you want to switch sides while still hitting fellow players, suggest a new section in the arena awarding pvp prestige. thank the cows the arena is not broken.

I'm pretty impressed how someone who needs to check the Wiki to learn what PvP Prestige is, feels acknowleged enough to have a strong opinion about how the PvP system in the game should be managed.

Cuddos to you, kiddo.

#19 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 02:46

About the topic, PvPers (in general) want an open Smasher Medal system, Levellers (also, in general) want it to stay counting only on Ladder and BB (but also hit for Prestige once in a while).

In my opinion 1 medal tick every 3 days won't be easy to abuse, won't really hurt anyone and it might increase BB activity (which is good), it's a really fair compromisse from both sides.

Just remember to make it doesn't count if the target is 7+ days offline (just like Prestige), and implement it already.

Edited by yghorbeviahn, 17 August 2020 - 02:47.

#20 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 02:59

why are we all worried about smasher medal now ? those players at top of list have worked hard to get there ,most through  the ladder but some have being trying it through keeping the bb alive and doing it that way .

why take away from them what they have done during these hard times 

thinking about it now ive changed my mind and im saying leave it as is

Excuse me?
29/may/2020

https://forums.hunte...showtopic=77119

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: