#41 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 September 2016 - 15:26

can you throw a SE in there .. its almost 1000 levels since we had one..

Something I was intending with this content quests I'm writing for 2976 to 3000.

#42 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 September 2016 - 15:35

Preferably a primary damage, no-weapon set, so it's usable for leveling. SE sets haven't been good for leveling since Destroyer was the new hotness.

With the uber stats gained from super COA/SH etc the 'usability' of SE weapon items is pretty high, it's not like anyone who knows what they're doing are ever short on damage these days...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#43 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 15:48

With the uber stats gained from super COA/SH etc the 'usability' of SE weapon items is pretty high, it's not like anyone who knows what they're doing are ever short on damage these days...

They're not unusable, but giving up EW because the weapon has basically, no stats, means it's never optimal. And EW1500, is, by a huge margin the best non-composing, non-epic leveling potion (for damage).

Edited by grimnok, 21 September 2016 - 15:49.

#44 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 September 2016 - 15:52

Oh definitely, these days though being powerful just means drinking potions...

I mean, you could go hunting with a lighter, a can of deodorant and a toothpick and still faceroll everything.

Might as well look slick while you do it.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#45 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 September 2016 - 15:57

Stay on topic, yes? This is not another thread to be derailed by more Composing bashing.

#46 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 September 2016 - 16:10

Potion bashing, not composing bashing Grim.

But it was related, in regards to the slots of gear introduced being of less importance?

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#47 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 September 2016 - 16:11

Potion bashing, not composing bashing Grim.

In this instance, same difference. Please stop.

#48 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 16:17

It's more of a friendly reminder that the presence of EW1500 means SE weapons (assuming the typical SE stat distribution) are relegated to looking cool, and arena.

#49 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 September 2016 - 16:23

When I talk about uber potions I'm generally referring to the even more powerful ones we get from donations/GE's.

Never mentioned composing at all. ¬_¬

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#50 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 September 2016 - 16:32

With you guys, it's the same thing. Again, please stop.

#51 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 September 2016 - 16:41

Not sure I like having my legitimate concerns being dismissed as, "Oh not this again." But for the sake of peace, fine...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#52 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 September 2016 - 16:43

It's derailment. Final time : Enough.

#53 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 16:59

BigGrim, have you thought about some zones where the creatures move a tile or three and are camouflaged as well?

They would be harder to see but not invisible. 

They would blend into the wall but would lose some of their camouflage if they moved away from the wall.

When a player stumbled upon them they would have the ability to go either way along the wall but if struck a time or three they would die.

Harder to kill but not impossible.

Edited by Pythia, 21 September 2016 - 21:00.

#54 insaner6

insaner6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 17:40

I'm working on the content quests to get caught up with the levels released for the Double XP event. Then it's content and also preparing to get ready for Christmas.

~ Grim

did i understand correct?
once u finish the quests for the already released content,  

u're gonna release only 1 content   (25 levels)
and after that, next stop is christmas??

perhaps its more preferable, to keep the coming SE for the Christmas event where the content released would also have the quests already in??

#55 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 September 2016 - 17:50

did i understand correct?

No. I'm gonna get caught up with released content. Then it's all about additional content and getting ready for Christmas. This means planning out all the content and events from 3101 onwards until the end of the year, preferably the beginning of next.

#56 insaner6

insaner6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 17:56

on a sidenote, wasnt there somewhere a content roadmap sticky topic?

where did that go?
or it's not used any more?

#57 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 19:18

My pet monkey is better at playing FS than I am but even he can only take so much.

200w.gif

Cheers.

wil72

Edited by wil72, 21 September 2016 - 19:47.

#58 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 21 September 2016 - 20:12

I'm working on the content quests to get caught up with the levels released for the Double XP event. Then it's content and also preparing to get ready for Christmas.

~ Grim

Will that include the missing quests from 2500-2600 (the progression / conclusion of the twisted keys etc)

https://forums.hunte...e=2#entry944515

&, your reply,

https://forums.hunte...e=2#entry944569

and

the missing quests from 2715-2834 ?

Edited by Pardoux, 21 September 2016 - 20:34.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#59 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 20:28

We go through content so fast that I'm not sure the quality content would be appreciated unless things are slowed down.

IMHO, I think things should be made mega hard (going forward). Make it GOD levels. Change the formula - make it so we can't fly through levels. 50k stam gets you maybe 5 levels with all the lvl 500 super buffs.

Or take the easy way and recycle content... use the existing maps but make all the monsters invisible... 3101 Invisible GOD rat. 3102 invisible GOD native, etc ;-p (voila - 6200 levels!)

This is a terrible idea coming from a good place. 

While I "like" the general attitude, and no offense chewy, the idea is totally short-sighted. 

In short, odd for me, your suggestions for current EOC are ludicrous when you conceptualize the annoyance it will cause when EOC is even higher. 

Go back to Xinderoth when that was "new". It was an extremely short-term solution which has since been "erased" based on player outcry. 

On the plus side, at least you're talking about "going forward". 

All that said, current players online are 373. The relevance of this thread, assuming the 170 players at EOC is correct according to the OP and are absolutely all online at the moment, has just dropped to 46%. 

#60 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 22:43

This is a terrible idea coming from a good place. 

While I "like" the general attitude, and no offense chewy, the idea is totally short-sighted. 

In short, odd for me, your suggestions for current EOC are ludicrous when you conceptualize the annoyance it will cause when EOC is even higher. 

Go back to Xinderoth when that was "new". It was an extremely short-term solution which has since been "erased" based on player outcry. 

On the plus side, at least you're talking about "going forward". 

All that said, current players online are 373. The relevance of this thread, assuming the 170 players at EOC is correct according to the OP and are absolutely all online at the moment, has just dropped to 46%. 

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree... I don't know the history of Xinderoth when it was new but I guess it was horrible because I really disliked it when I went through the "erased" version :). Since I don't know the original version, I'm not sure how close my suggestion is but were the Xindy mobs mega hard? When I did it, I just remembered the mobs being far and few in between with a ridiculous quest arc and that wasn't what I was asking for although I guess that would be cool too even though I absolutely hated Xindy.

BG works hard and creates new content... we fly through it in minutes with some folks not even looking at the critters (I always do and I have noticed repeating art but it's all good). It's unsustainable. Let's try a few God levels and see what happens. If there is an outcry, adjust... EOC'rs always had it harder than everyone else so why not? What would be your long sighted suggestion on this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: